IRAN should learn something from Australia

Mar 13, 2007
They both qualified from the same division/region so they are basically at par. There is not a whole lotta difference between the two and I would argue Iran may even have the more talented squad.

But look at australia play and look at iran play. Aus are in probably the toughest group and they are playing like bulls! chile got lucky with the early goals against them we all know and holland is struggling against them now. Its tied 1-1 right now and they are taking it to holland not sitting on the tie thinking we should take one point now, then maybe we beat spain last while everyone else ties!!! Its all or nothing for them and most likely they will lose the match but they will take their chances, cause you get to play 3 games every 4 !

Bottom line, they are not playing like bunch of scared pussies! you wait 8 years to get here to play 3 game, so you have the job to give it all. But we all know they gonna come out scared again against argentina playing like schoolboys and then some idiots here are gonna say, 'well we didnt wanna get slaughtered' !

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
khak bar sar e Australia bokonan. cheghadr kharan. They keep playing football. They should've tried to go for a 0-0 draw. Now no one in the world would respect them and everyone is going to think they are losers who don't know how to play football. Who are all these dumb coaches who keep telling their "weak" teams like Australia, Korea, Japan, Bosnia, Costa Rica etc to not just sit back and defend and instead believe in themselves and take the fight to their opponents? hameyeh donya kharan va hichi nemifhaman. faghat ma irooni ha va morabimoon hastim keh kheili bahooshim va fahmidim ba 0-0 mitoonim ehteram e hamaro beh dast beeyarim va berim round e badi.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Hala shoma dandoon ro jigar begzar bebin after today they will book their tickets back to Australia or not.
Nader jan, I don't know about you but I rather pack and go home early with my head kept high and with a good world wide reputation in football, than advancing to the second round by boring games (or as some people call it anti-football). I'm not even gonna talk about our reputation that has already been talked about in all newspapers here. :(

Feb 4, 2005
Nader jan, I don't know about you but I rather pack and go home early with my head kept high and with a good world wide reputation in football, than advancing to the second round by boring games (or as some people call it anti-football). I'm not even gonna talk about our reputation that has already been talked about in all newspapers here. :(
As a neutral spectator I agree with you. I'd rather watch games like Holland-Australia rather than Iran-Nigeria. But this is WC and happens every 4 years and we are not a team that has made it 7 times out of last 8. Iran will get to be there once or at best twice every three tournaments. I'd rather see us having a chance at advancing even by playing UGLY football. As I said before doesn't matter how one team plays. It's the other team's job to find a solution for it. When it comes to Iran in WC, I'd rather play k.ri and have a chance than playing beautiful and go home after 2 games.

Mar 13, 2007
Iran has 1 point.
Australia has 0.
another genius!

1-the whole world will talk and respect australian soccer

2-The confidence you will take from a game like that is worth more than any points you could take. You set yourself and young future players for success when you perform and stand up against a strong team like that.

3- that one point is not gonna help you cause you are not gonna qualify! that should have never been their aim in the first place!!! get it out of your head! Iran will be eliminated unless a miracle! at best you may get another tie and another point against bosnia! lol you gonna be happy with that!? I rather play like australia in fron tof the world and get 0 points!!!!

Feb 4, 2005
BTW if one wants to watch beautiful football all the time there are way better options like EPL, CL, La Joka, etc. This is WC. Teams get to play 3-7 games. The last survivor wins it all.

Mar 13, 2007
As a neutral spectator I agree with you. I'd rather watch games like Holland-Australia rather than Iran-Nigeria. But this is WC and happens every 4 years and we are not a team that has made it 7 times out of last 8. Iran will get to be there once or at best twice every three tournaments. I'd rather see us having a chance at advancing even by playing UGLY football. As I said before doesn't matter how one team plays. It's the other team's job to find a solution for it. When it comes to Iran in WC, I'd rather play k.ri and have a chance than playing beautiful and go home after 2 games.
get it outta your head, you are not gonna qualify!!! you were never gonna qualify nor where you good enough to qualify! You are not good enough to think that you can qualify yet. that should not have been your aim, your aim should be to give it all and show your young players how to play against the best world has to offer.

Feb 4, 2005
get it outta your head, you are not gonna qualify!!! you were never gonna qualify nor where you good enough to qualify! You are not good enough to think that you can qualify yet. that should not have been your aim, your aim should be to give it all and show your young players how to play against the best world has to offer.
We may. You can't argue with math. Iran has a chance to make it to next round.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
We may. You can't argue with math. Iran has a chance to make it to next round.
Doost aziz, if you want to go with math then Australia also still has a chance to make it to the next round.

But my question to you is this: Do you think Iran could have beaten Nigeria or not?

If your answer is yes, then why are you happy with not beating them? Nigerians aren't happy about 0-0 draw with Iran because they were expecting a win.

If your answer is no, and you think we couldn't have beaten Nigeria and should be happy with a 0-0 draw then what makes you think "we still have a chance" of moving to the next round which would require beating either Argentina or Bosnia who everybody admits are better teams than Nigeria?

bache_irooni

Bench Warmer
Oct 14, 2004
another genius!

1-the whole world will talk and respect australian soccer
lol it's weird that you're using this point... you don't seem like the type that cares if people respect you or not; you just do and say what you think is right... so Queiroz is wrong for being like you? i'm confused...

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Iran has 1 point.
Australia has 0.
Its not like Iran can take their ONE point home with them! It gives us nothing to build on! No confidence, no respect from the outside world, nothing positive!

On the other hand, the performances of the aussie team will become a case study (at least for future australian teams) in how to play when you're up against it all! A relatively young and inexperienced side with a bunch of no name players that took it up to the world's best and went toe to toe with them the whole way. Yes, they lost but gained the respect and admiration of the world!

That my friend is what the World Cup is about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 4, 2005
Doost aziz, if you want to go with math then Australia also still has a chance to make it to the next round.
Yes they do but very very low

But my question to you is this: Do you think Iran could have beaten Nigeria or not?

If your answer is yes, then why are you happy with not beating them? Nigerians aren't happy about 0-0 draw with Iran because they were expecting a win.

If your answer is no, and you think we couldn't have beaten Nigeria and should be happy with a 0-0 draw then what makes you think "we still have a chance" of moving to the next round which would require beating either Argentina or Bosnia who everybody admits are better teams than Nigeria?
My answer is yes we had a chance of beating them. I would say a not so bad 30% chance of winning but that doesn't mean we had to go all out in our first game. Did Australia play like there's no tomorrow against Chile? No. Did they do it today? Yes because they had to. Iran's (or CQ's) intention was to get 1 point from first game. Probably they said: Argentina will advance with 9 points so if we lose the first game then we will have a very very slim chance of making it to next round (Australia's position now). So they decided to go with bazi defayi ya mokharreb ya tokhmi whatever you want to name it and they get a point. Now we can even qualify with another tie. Did we play beautifully? Absolutely not. Should we be proud? I for on am very proud of them.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
what a silly comparison ! where is Australia and where are we in terms of life and everything with it ! why do you compare our poor lads to them , they have everything going for them and we don't ! just take all that into account and maybe then realize how proud we should be of our lads .

yeah they played a boring game but that is what they could do against a team better than themselves and with a bit more luck they could have won it , but lets be realistic and don't expect these guys with only like handful of lowley warm up games come in to world cup and go for the jogular from get go , who cares what the world thinks , actually on the BBC they congratulated Iran and said fair play to them and understood what they were after , Rio Ferdinand and Philip Neville both spoke highly of Carlos Q and said what a great coach he was before and after the game ,
we didn't play like Bahrain to feel bad about ourselves , when the opponent says fair play to Iran what are you guys complaining about ?

May 9, 2004
اگر توی فوتبال بخاطر بازی خوب و دریبل و شوت امتیاز می دادند
بله حرف انهایی که می گویند ایران بد بازی کرد درست بود
ولی بابا توی فوتبال کار ندارند که تو خوب بازی میکنی دفاع بازی می کنی یا حمله
ده تا توی تیر دروازه زدی یا از وسط زمینت هم پا انطرف تر نگذاشتی
توی فوتبال به برد سه امتیاز به مساوی یک امتیاز و بازنده هیچ امتیازی نمیگیره
الان نگاه کنید استرالیا خیلی خوب بازی کرد دو بازی بسیار خوب
خوب دمش گرم براش چهچه و به به هم زدیم
ولی الان استرالیادیگه امیدی نداره همین باعث میشه تماشاگرانش خیلی دلخور بشوند
در صورتی که ما تا اخرین روز باز امید داریم حالا اگر یک درصد هم باشه باز همین خودش باعث میشه که احساس کنیم هنوز جزو تیمهای امیدوار جام جهانی هستیم که بین 16 تیم باشیم
باور کنید حتی بازیکنان اسپانیا و استرالیا و کامرون و حاضر بودند بدترین بازیها را انجام داده بودند ولی هنوز امید به صعود به دور بعدی را داشتند
ماجلوی چین یا قطر یا ازبک بازی نمی کردیم که بگوییم می توانستیم انها را ببریم
تیم ملی ایران توی تهران با کره هم دفاعی بازی میکرد
توی کره هم ده نفره دفاع میکرد و نتیجه گرفت
مهم نتیجه است
درسته که بازی زیبا بسیار مهم است ولی چه فایده اگر مثلا جلوی نیجریه مثل المان بازی میکردیم و الان روی یک ضد حمله گل خورده بودیم ؟