Iran-Uruguay on Nov.17 th in Azadi Stadium

sarbaz

Bench Warmer
Nov 6, 2002
Iran will play a friendly match vs. Uruguay on the fifa official date , Nov. 17 th in Tehran
Uruguay will have thier %100 A team and all of thier european players like Forlan and others

Now my source is confidential so I can,t mention anything but from what i heard and was told this match is %90 a done deal.
All I can say is that i truely hope this is correct and not just another rumor because this match will be a very very good test for our young team vs. the #4 tplace finisher of the WC 2010 right before the AC.

Oct 1, 2004
I echo the other posters sentiments. It would be a great friendly but as Mahbodz said Uruguay can play rough, even in friendlies.

backechap

Nov 22, 2002
Now my source is confidential so I can,t mention anything but from what i heard and was told this match is %90 a done deal.
Unfortunately, usually the remaining 10% that is not yet "done deal" becomes 100% and the game is never announced, or worse yet, announced and then canceled.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Won't believe it until I see them in Azadi! or at least on Fifa's official schedule.
I wouldnt believe it even if they were lined up in Azadi and with their real squad and played the game, I would say its probably made up with some special effects. Noway this game will take place.

sarbaz

Bench Warmer
Nov 6, 2002
I know we all have been much disappointed and disgusted with IFF AND ALL THIER bull crap but my source has told me that due to Ghotbi's request , "they are working very hard to find a top 10 team to play Iran in Azadi for that Nov.17 th date and willing to dish out some good money as well because they want to see Azadi full of people as a great moral booster for the players and IRANIAN PEOPLE right before the start of the AC in JAN 2011"
BUT Iran's world political standing is an big issue right now so who knows whats gona happen lets just be positive