Iran - Uzbekistan predictions 14 November

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
This is not going to be an easy match. The Uzbek side in Tehran will be superior to the one that played the Tashkent match. They had five suspended players in that match, and we did not have Dejagah or Goochannnejad. Uzbek Center Back Ismailov and left midfielder Hassanov will be suspended for the Iran clash. Ismailov is 190 cm, the tallest player in the Uzbek squad. They are both starters. So, their absence must be bad news for the Uzbekistan squad.
I will be happy if we win this match 1-0 or 2-1.

May 29, 2008
Any news when jabbari will be back ?
That' s what I want to know as well. Our midfield was so weak during the Korea game, especially in the first half where Korea was dominating and creating chances.

We need a top notch playmaker to control the midfield and distribute the balls to our forwards. M. Nouri is not the answer. Karimi is good but at 34, is not a 90 min player. And Haddadifard is injured.

We desperately need Jabbari to be fully fit and on form to have a good chance of winning against the Uzbeks.

Nov 24, 2002
will be tough game , our players already celebrating like we made to WC ! I hope i am wrong but this time UZBAK make us pay! we got reallyy lucky last time ..

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Here are Iran next games. pretty busy schedule:

Nov 6, 2012 Irav vs. Tajikistan (Friendly)
Nov 14, 2012 Iran vs. Uzbekistan - WorldCup Qualifier (My Prediction 2-1 Iran)

Dec 9, 2012 Iran vs. Saudi (WAFF)
Dec 12, 2012 Iran vs. Bahrain (WAFF)
Dec 15, 2012 Iran vs. Yemen (WAFF)

Feb 6, 2013 Iran vs. Lebanon - AsianCup15 Qualifier

Mar 22, 2013 Kuwait vs. Iran -AsianCup15 Qualifier

Jun 4, 2013 Qatar vs. Iran - WC Qualifier
Jun 11, 2013 Iran vs. Lebanon - WC Qualifier
Jun 18, 2013 S Korea vs. Iran - WC Qualifier

Nov 24, 2002
CQ should try to find some new blood on west asian compitition and asian cup qualification.. that is the best occasion .. he can'T miss this one ! our next game in WCQ after uzbak game is in 8 months .. plenty time to introduce some new faces , consider the games we play between ..

Silverton

National Team Player
Nov 6, 2004
CQ should try to find some new blood on west asian compitition and asian cup qualification.. that is the best occasion .. he can'T miss this one ! our next game in WCQ after uzbak game is in 8 months .. plenty time to introduce some new faces , consider the games we play between ..
100%

He needs to invite:
Bakhtiar Rahmani, Reza Haghighi, Yaghoub Karimi, Kaveh Rezaei, Payam Sadeghian, Omid Ebrahimi

This tournament is worthless in value but should be used to test other players out.

May 29, 2008
will be tough game , our players already celebrating like we made to WC ! I hope i am wrong but this time UZBAK make us pay! we got reallyy lucky last time ..

Under estimating an opponent can be very deadly. Over estimating an opponent can gravely cripple your potentials.

We are playing Uzbekistan, not Germany. True, they were better than us in Tashkent. But that was expected since they were playing at home and CQ played a defensive game.

In Tehran however, it will be a completely different game. I expect TM to dominate the game and win, if everyone is at the top of their game.

I only hope the players do not become complacent after the sweet victory over Korea.

Nov 24, 2002
UZBAK aren't scare of AZADI crowd , they(Bonyodkar) beat Persepolis with 100k crowd ...
hope our boys dont take it easy !

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
Uzbekistan is a much better team than us. We should have lost to them 4-0 in Tashkent. I wouldn't be surprised if they win in Tehran, after all this team did lose to Lebanon.

Oct 18, 2002
Los LAshkhores, Casifornia
Uzbekistan may be a different team than the one we met last time around, but I believe we are also a different team with the addition of Gucci, who can easily create his own scoring opportunities. I'm quite optimistic ... cautiously! My prediction: 2-0 Iran.

yavar

Ball Boy
Sep 6, 2006
I really really hate to say this, and almost can't even say it but my prediction is 1 - 1
my heart says 2 - 1

Feb 17, 2009
Uzbekistan is a much better team than us. We should have lost to them 4-0 in Tashkent. I wouldn't be surprised if they win in Tehran, after all this team did lose to Lebanon.
Yeh yeh, and if we converted all our chances against Brazil we should have won 4-3 or 5-3. They wont and cant win in Tehran, Uzbekistan is not a team that can beat Iran, remember in the early stages the Uzbeks narrowly defeated the Turkmens to reach the second round. They are not that special

eerooni

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2002
Toronto
Guys why make Uzbekistan into a giant??!! Yes they are good, but good enough to beat a full strength TM, who know a win is a must, in a hell hole of 100,000 spectators in Azadi NO WAY!!!!!!!! The Uzbeks will be very lucky, I repeat VERYN LUCKY if they draw!! The Uzbeks lost steam to a under strength TM at home and that's why they lost! They were lucky they drew lebanon. And with qatar they actually got lucky!

I say 2-0 or 3-1 for TM not a tough prediction

May 29, 2008
Any news on the line-up yet or who's invited for this game, who's injured, suspended (other than CQ and Kojaei)?
One thing is for sure. We really need Jabbari to be fully fit for this game. Without him, we do not have a reliable playmaker, and will have difficulties winning the match.