Iran vs. Lebanon - WCQ

YePaDoPa

Elite Member
Oct 30, 2002
What a disappointment! :(
I've said it in the past a player like Karimi when he was at his best can help a team from time to time. However, his style of play always effected our team in a negative way. He could have been a good last 15 min substitute when he was at his best. He has diffidently hurt TM more than he has helped it in the past few years. I just hope he does not stay around too long to become another Daei! :(

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004
A Qatari consortium has basically bought broadcast rights for most international games. They even somehow got domestic rights! They are charging 2-3 million per game for broadcast rights.
Thanks for the info. My main question is do we need to watch the remaining iran's qualification games online (live streaming) which have so far been very poor (frequently interrupted, low quality)? If so, what a joke this has become... This is ridiculous, cannot even watch our TM play such important games on TV!! :--wierd:

Oct 1, 2004
Thanks for the info. My main question is do we need to watch the remaining iran's qualification games online (live streaming) which have so far been very poor (frequently interrupted, low quality)? If so, what a joke this has become... This is ridiculous, cannot even watch our TM play such important games on TV!! :--wierd:
Unfortunately I think that may be the case. I'm not even sure how we can access these Qatari channels here in North America.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Mahdi joon, you honestly think that Karimi still has talent? This isn't gol koocheek bro - you're saying post after post that these guys don't run and don't come to the ball and this is pretty basic stuff, which I totally agree with. But that goes for Karimi too. Talent is just knowing how to dribble past a couple of players -in gol koocheek maybe, but not in football. Talent is knowing how to read the game and know where the ball's going to be 30 seconds from now. There are plenty of players in the world that don't have fancy footwork but are still considered super talented. Karimi in his prime couldn't read the game 3 seconds ahead of him. I never forget the time he dribbled past everyone, including the goalie and only then he realized that he could have scored 2 moves prior! ;)

You want talented players, we've got tons of players like Khalatbari and Rezaei, but one got no playing time again and the other got subbed out. It's not that the talent is not there. It's just that CQ is a dinosaur and he naturally prefer some ass shaking from pretty boy dinosaurs like Karimi and Nekou or Shojayee. Akhund mentality my friend, pretty boys rule!
BH jan 30 seconds ahead of the game ?! jesus man you don't ask for much ...! not even a super genius could could know that far ahead ,if any team even bangladesh had a player like that they would win the world cup every time !:football:

Feb 22, 2005
Fact is you got to have a mentality of a rock or tungston carbide to be able to stand up the Islamic regime federation and Islamic regime Pasdars, and Islamic regime representatives, whom you have to deal with everyday and will try to break you down and tell you who to put in place. I dont believe CQ is a man who can stand up to that.

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Sharyar jaan, 30 seconds may seem like a long time, but the average build-up to any good goal is much longer than that. A good play maker or striker in any team is constantly reading the game (i.e. the position of his team mates and their movements, the weaknesses in the opposite defence, and the movement of the ball, etc.) during that build-up. Here are some nice goals from talented players (notice that during any 20-30 second period, most players are exactly where they need to be for the play and other than the last final few seconds their position and role in the overall play does not change:)

[video=youtube;onm16nLmPaY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onm16nLmPaY&feature=related[/video]