IRAN vs. QPR [R]

houmanbahal

Elite Member
Mar 27, 2005
Kholase ke :mad: aghe berim soraghe yek teame dige. jayi soragh nadarin citizenship ro avaz konan. italiai shim brazili shim? . ba in team.........

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
Got a few thoughts on the game:

1- I am not bothered about the score-line.
It was a friendly, and the scoreline usually does not matter……. Well, as long as it is nothing very embarrassing.
And I actually think this game was a good test for us ( and branko ) to notice many weaknesses and shortcomings that we missed against n korea and Bahrain games.
Good chance, IF we learn from such tests.

2- Mashalah be een “defense” !
An absolute MESS !!
What the hell was THAT?
And these are more or less the MAIN players who will form our def line at the WC !!!!!! 3 out of 4 ( nosrati, yahya, kaabi. Only rahman is missing ).
Hala hey zert o zert ( to use dear friends’ terminology ) begin: “we didn’t let n korea or Bahrain score on us. So we are COMPLETELY satisfied with TM’s games in WCQ’s” !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, I agree … and sincerely hope at the WC , we get grouped with n korea and Bahrain and …ummmm….. laos.
Coz then, we wouldn’t have much trouble at our defense.
Anything better than these, we’d …….. you get my drift.

3- No game plan !
The team didn’t display any kind of strategy. They were lost and didn’t show much in terms of rehearsed tactics.
Why?
As if there is no need for the subs to know or get familiarized with TM’s strategy

Or we can say: no coordination between the bench players.
Which brings me to what I always say : give more games to the bench players to get coordinated and game-ready.
Games like laos, guam, Kuwait, …. Are excellent chances to test these players, give them some int’l experience and get them coordinated with each other as well as the main team players.

The sad thing is if branko could have zandi, vh, daei, karimi, …. For these games, he would have played them, instead of the alternatives !!!!!!!!! it’s just that he couldn’t have them, and is FORCED to play kazemian, mobaali, alavi, …. !

Are we GUARANTEED that nothing will happen to the main players, and they will not get injured, banned, red carded, …. ? in such cases, are we to rely on the subs that haven’t had enough quality time with the main team players and are totally lost ? just becoz branko doesn’t like to trust the subs ?
Isn’t this asking for a world of trouble at the WC?

4- Trust issues.
If the result didn’t matter, which I agree, why the fixed defenders?
Shakoori, Sadeghi, …. Deserved to start.
Afterall this is a test game. What did branko learn about him, from that 5-10 minutes that shakoori played?

5- Khatibi.
Absence of khatibi , especially when borhani kept on missing, was most apparent.
Still, branko has not bothered to answere why khatibi was dropped !!
I think he could have been an asset in this game, and even for the WC…. If he maintained his form, and branko showed him enough trust.

6- Physical game.
Yes, most of you came and did bah-bah and chah-chah….. ran at everyone who said Bahrain and N Korea are not similar to the Europeans, acted professorial and belittled the critics, …. .
But came the day that we face some third grade club from England, we see an inkling, a FRACTION of what we’ll be facing at the WC.
Just a fraction !!!!!
Hala hey begin Bahrain ro zadim !! N korea ro zadim !!! ( lets not go further and note it was in AZADI, in Iran with loads of fan support, ….. and against teams that are like mosquitoes in front of our eventual opponents like Holland, France, Italy, … )

7- Goal keeping fiasco.
Mirza’s continual mistakes on judgment and crosses.
4 years not enough to fix this?
Why not mohamadi?
Shdnt we test Mirza’s alternative, if he makes the same mistakes in the competitive games?
What if we need mohamadi, rahmati, or whoever ….. during those big games?
With what experience ? baghershahr-like games?
With what amount of confidence?

8- Mobaali’s substitution.
Here, I will give branko the benefit of the doubt.
We all concur that mobaali was the best player on the pitch while he was playing. With his passes, shots, playmaking, …. .
Why did branko sub him out?
I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he was satisfied with Iman’s game and didn’t need to observe him anymore. Hence the subbing.
But at the same time, I cant get rid of this niggling in the back of my mind that it could be due to branko’s new-found dogmatic and pig-headedness to persist with his initial opinions and would do anything to prove his views, even attempt to block ….. naaaaaahh ! cant be this.
I hope my first guess is right.

Bottomline:

1- Team selection was very poor.
2- Hopefully this game is a wake up call to branko and those fans who blindly agree with anything he does.

And a Q: why did branko abstain from attending the post-game conf. ?

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
I never take the result of a friendly game seriose even Iran won. Besides none of our
stars were in this match. Karimi, Zandi, Mahdavi, Hashemian, Rezaei were all absent.
Ivic also used playing against club teams for test. What many football fans never understood was that he did not care about the result but certain players should be tested to see if they were doing what they should do. The emphsise was Mohammad khani since Ivic wanted to train him to be a good sweeper.

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
I also say that test games are test games and are there for tests. but what exactly DID we test? did we test new players? did we test new options, systems, tactics? did we test other options to the existing? all that we tested was that mirzapour is still unreliable, nosrati is not a leftback, kameli is not TM material, nekbat is fat, kaabi might face problems against tougher opponents, and that apart of hashemian we have no real option as striker.
big freaking deal! I could have told you that before.
we still don't know how a guy like Oladi would perform. we still don't know about iran's better midfield project pejman nouri. we still don't really know about nosrati as a rightback, we got a little bit of a clue that nekounam-mobali in central midfield might even work...but otherwise??

this was not testing! this was seeing that karimi-mahdavikia-hashemian-zandi are about 70% of our team.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Westi:
I agree that more than 50% of TM are those players but almost every team relay
on few star the rest are normal players. What Branko was testing is in his mind. I have
not watched the game but I imagin he should have found substitute for Kia specially
for the game against Japan and players like Bohrani(the question if he should replace Daei!) , Badavi ...

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Saeedb said:
Westi:
I agree that more than 50% of TM are those players but almost every team relay
on few star the rest are normal players. What Branko was testing is in his mind. I have
not watched the game but I imagin he should have found substitute for Kia specially
for the game against Japan and players like Bohrani(the question if he should replace Daei!) , Badavi ...
yeah..sure....barcelona without ronaldinho, deco, puyol and eto'o might also look bad, but still, my point was that we didn't try out anyone new to have some clue who could replace whom.

the defense was the same as always, with the exception of kameli for rezaei.
midfield was different, and if we wanted to test optional strikers, we should have invited maybe oladi, who had a much better season than borhani, bezik and daei put together.
which substitute should he have found, when the substitutes played subpar and were the options we already had planned.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
Westi If Branko should do everything you recognize Iff should have replaced him with you since you were cheeper! Branko's real test is in World cup and other important
tournemnt. He has been the most rosefid coach we have had for decades! Let's trust
his abilities til we see the opposite.

westwienmaskulin

Oct 18, 2002
Saeedb said:
Westi If Branko should do everything you recognize Iff should have replaced him with you since you were cheeper! Branko's real test is in World cup and other important
tournemnt. He has been the most rosefid coach we have had for decades! Let's trust
his abilities til we see the opposite.
goddamn...

do you actually at least try to understand the point and concerns guys like peyz, babak and I got? we don't know anything about other players! if hashemian breaks his leg before the world cup, god forbid, we are in a real big mess, because the other options are bezik(after injury out of form), daei(hihhihii), borhani(good joke again), enayatiand oladi, where among these players enayati and oladi had the best season but are not even with the team and in oladi's case, we don't know about his abilitiy.

under 70 million people, branko tries to make us believe zare and badavi are the best options as true leftbacks, but otherwise nosrati can play there too.
kaabi's limitation was shown against a physically stronger team. branko could have tried to play him as a rightwing and use nosrati there, to see his other alternatives, because maybe kia won't be in form next season, or has to play somewhere else or whatever.

basically, this game showed us that we have no alternatives.

and all you come up with is some "chertopert"...not even adressing the problems of concern.

btw. I wouldn't even coach iran if they came kissing my hand and feet. the only team I would love to coach is Real Madrid. and now go on praying to your branko desktop.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
westwienmaskulin said:
btw. I wouldn't even coach iran if they came kissing my hand and feet. the only team I would love to coach is Real Madrid. and now go on praying to your branko desktop.
You know I am laughing since I knew you would reply like that. I would too!

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Daie was the worst player. He did not even touch the ball once :)
Seriously though, what was that? I think the funniest sub was Teymorian. Why did he even bother sending him in?

Oh and they kept showing Shahrokhi instead of Branko :)

Even ferdosipoor said something about it. He was getting annoyed of seeing Shahroki's face instead of Branko.

Is this the team that's going to play against Japan?

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
And about this part:
Finally said:
all you come up with is some "chertopert"...not even adressing the problems of concern.
I told you I have not watched the game. You should ask Branko. Only he knows since we don't know his plan.

Saeedb

Bench Warmer
Jul 7, 2003
It should be :
And about this part:
westi said:
all you come up with is some "chertopert"...not even adressing the problems of concern.
I told you I have not watched the game. You should ask Branko. Only he knows since we don't know his plan.

Nov 24, 2002
Finally said:
Daie was the worst player. He did not even touch the ball once :)
Seriously though, what was that? I think the funniest sub was Teymorian. Why did he even bother sending him in?

Oh and they kept showing Shahrokhi instead of Branko :)

Even ferdosipoor said something about it. He was getting annoyed of seeing Shahroki's face instead of Branko.

Is this the team that's going to play against Japan?
in the fact british TV showed ,shahroukhi only once! but iranian tv was on delay for couple seconds , as whenever they saw something they dont like , they were showing shahroukhi.. bad bakht shahroukhi che gadr foosh khord emrooz ;)

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
westwienmaskulin said:
I also say that test games are test games and are there for tests. but what exactly DID we test? did we test new players? did we test new options, systems, tactics? did we test other options to the existing? all that we tested was that mirzapour is still unreliable, nosrati is not a leftback, kameli is not TM material, nekbat is fat, kaabi might face problems against tougher opponents, and that apart of hashemian we have no real option as striker.
big freaking deal! I could have told you that before.
we still don't know how a guy like Oladi would perform. we still don't know about iran's better midfield project pejman nouri. we still don't really know about nosrati as a rightback, we got a little bit of a clue that nekounam-mobali in central midfield might even work...but otherwise??

this was not testing! this was seeing that karimi-mahdavikia-hashemian-zandi are about 70% of our team.

I agree.
you have a very good point.

if these games are to be looked at as tests, then why are players like shakoori , teymoorian, ... coming in so bloody late?
what did branko find out from those few seconds teymoorian played?
what?

the other point is.
branko is a bit of hypocrit as well.
some players get a sh*t load of chances to play and prove themselves, ...... and still fail . like borhani.

and yet, an in form striker like khatibi, or IPL's top scorer , enayati dont get even a whiff of the grass !!!

god only knows what the hell is going on in branko's head !!!
but I certainly can say it is not logical or sensible !