Iran vs Turkmenistan [R]

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
so much time wasting for Turks. they are becoming another Bahrain.
Rather Turkarabestan !

Goaleh mofti khordim o goalhaayeh ziadi ham keh bayast mizadim o nazadim ...feshar khoob ovordim ,khoob press kardim vali oon jolo gand zadim ba zarbehaayeh akharemoon .

vali TALANGORREH khoobi bood keh ziad hareefiro asoon nageerand .

Nov 29, 2002
Top of our group is now GUAM!

Guam (Who have the world record for biggest loss just over a decade ago 31-0)

They beat Turkmenistan and then today beat India 2-1.

Football is sometimes a great sport. Imagine if they beat Iran

Nov 29, 2002
Guam's population of 165,000 is really doing something since they lost by over 30 goals. This could be the biggest turnaround in the history of football from the world's worst team to topping a group!

If there is a God, please please please may they beat Iran and Oman next

Nov 24, 2002
Shit happens, Japan tied Singapore at home, coach experiencing some very young players. I guess his new mission will be to find someone to replace Pouladi, Hajsafi failed big time in this position, all 3 of Iraqi goals came when Pouladi was out and Hajsafi had something to do with it and yesterday he was also at fault of goal, he is a good player as left winger but not left back.

Aug 21, 2005
next door
I watched the game yesterday, everyone sucked big time. One person that worried me a lot was Taremi. he does not seem to have the composure of a football player. he is a liability.

The other person that I watch carefully and I am still suspect about him is Ando. He does not seem to be a good leader in the team. He wants to do everything with gholdor bazi and pushing people around rather than being the captain and leader when the team needs you to be.

I am really disappointed in him, I felt more comfortable with Neku as the captain then Ando.

Dec 30, 2014
Not a big deal. They lost. Worse things have happened to stronger teams against relatively weaker opponents. It is called Football.

At the end, Iran will qualify from this group. Hopefully a few more players will get exposure and experience for the next round. I am glad CQ is doing this now. Most of this team is new.

Feb 4, 2005
It is good he's giving a chance to younger players at this stage of competition and I agree Iran should eventually advance with ease from this round, but, lets not forget that there are many people waiting for him to slip and ask for his head. He should be careful as it may cost him his job if we can't get proper results against this no name teams.
Japan v. Singapore was quite an upset.

Dec 30, 2014
^^^
That is true. The only downside is that some people are gunning for his position and will use this and any other slip ups to take him down. But that is Football every where. I am sure they will pull out of this with a whole new generation of players getting vital experience. Then again, I am an optimist when it comes to Iranian Football.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
In all honesty, this team severely misses Pouladi. Even the goal we conceded against Turkmenistan came from Hajsafi being left for dead way too easily. How hard is it to see that he just isn't a LB.

You'd think after his lousy performance against Uzbekistan at LB it would have been clear. He's not only a crappy LB, but as a player he is being under utilized at LB when he should be playing in midfield instead of Heydari.

Pouladi's sarbazi problem needs to be fixed asap.

Dec 30, 2014
^^^
You are right. Pouladi was essential in the WC and AC games. He dominated his area and there does not seem to be a real alternative to him at this time. Haj Seifi is really a MF player and should be used there.

I have a bad feeling that Pouladi will never be part of TM again. There are many inside Iran (and apparently a few outside) that want CQ to fail and will make life very hard for him, even if it means making an example out of Pouladi. I hope I am wrong though.