Iranian all around the world

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
It is funny and at the same time sad that today we will see Iranians in pretty much every single country in the world. The majority of Iranians are today in North america and Europe and some neighbouring countries like DUBAI.

Anyways the purpose of this post is that I was wondering of these major countries that Iraninans have immigrated to. Approximately how many Iranians live there.

For instance I know that In USA there are over 1000000
Sweden= Approx 70000
Do you guys have a approximate number for Iranians living in other countries. The countris that I'm mainly intrested in is:

England=
France=
Germany=
Canada=
Dubai=
Kuwait=
Japan=
Australia=
Holland=
Denmark=
Turkey=

If you live in a country were I forgot to mention above, please let me know the approx population of Iranians living there.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
maziar95 said:
u sure there is 1 m iranians in the US? i thought it was like 400,000
I do not have an exact number. What I have HEARD is that in california alone there are around 700000 Iranians. I might be wrong, can someone confirm this.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
maziar95 said:
in 2000 there were Total Number (2000) 338,266 iranians in the US. and you forgot Isreal on your list, there is around 80,000 iranian in israel.

http://names.mongabay.com/ancestry/Iranian.html
That number seems very low. possibly because many could have listed themselves as other rather than iranian such as persian, middle eastern,white,....
However 1 million seems a bit high. I was told that marketing figures of KIRN , a reliable corporate style radio station, indicates close to 300,000 in the greater Los angeles area. Generally iranian TV stations (LA based) like to inflate the number for many reasons, including charging higher commercial fees. IRI's estimate of all iranians living abroad is around 2 million.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
ferdosi said:
I think the reason that number is so low is that most likly they did not count Iranians who have become american citizens as Iranian. 338266 sound very low.

When I wrote the above I had not looked at the link that you provided. So Most likly what bazar said makes more sence.

SlyOne

Ball Boy
Dec 10, 2002
Fiji
I live in the Fiji Islands in the Pacific and there are 6 Iranian here.

Its funny that when people come to know i am from iran they come and shake my hands saying, "first time i am meeting iranian"

Oct 20, 2003
I could not have imagined that there are Iranians in Fiji.
Amazing, SlyOne what do you do in Fiji, aghar fouzoli nabasheh?

I think most of stats about the number of Iranians living overseas (boroon marz) are not reliable.

The only exception that I can think of is Fiji of course.

St_Mark

IPL Player
Oct 30, 2004
USA
Oct 20, 2003
Hejaz, U.S. Census is as good as the response they get. The Iranians' response as to their origin, was not uniform or accurate (unintentionally) from the stories I have heard or read. Therefore, IMHO, it rendered the Census stats regarding the number of Iranians in the U.S., not very accurate or reliable. I do believe that the number of Iranians in the U.S. is higher than what the Census reported. For example, I am confident that the Iranians population in Texas is much higher than the reported 22,000.

mashtnaghi

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Good question. No one knows the exact number. There are no reliable sources and people make haphazard guess based how many Iranians they may have seen in a concert or a picnic.

SlyOne

Ball Boy
Dec 10, 2002
Fiji
Iranpaak said:
I could not have imagined that there are Iranians in Fiji.
Amazing, SlyOne what do you do in Fiji, aghar fouzoli nabasheh?

I think most of stats about the number of Iranians living overseas (boroon marz) are not reliable.

The only exception that I can think of is Fiji of course.
Well there are Iranians here Iranpak. I work for the electricity utility here in the ICT (IT) area. Been here for 2 years and will be here for a few years more.

The other Iranians here are also professionals, couple lecturing at the university, working at another utiility (public works - water), in the hospitality area (resorts) and another as a doctor.

Yes, its a good place if you want to come on holidays, some lovely islands with the warm pacific ocean.

One negative thing about being here is that you dont get any coverage of Iran's games, so internet is the only poor option.

Till later...