Iranian billionaire brothers arrested

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
^ Abdolali Kachal?:)

Changiz and Hejazi were the reasons I became a blue fan.

...And I have to agree with what's already been posted. Mohammadkhani, Changiz, Alidoosti...I'll rank this forward combo right up there with Daei/Azizi as our greatest attack ever. I've always believed if the 79 disaster hadn't happened, TM would have shocked the world in one or both of the 82 and 86 world cups. Our talent was THAT good.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
^ Exactly. That generation was the product of the 1970s youth system. That investment was going to take us beyond AFC in the 80s. I really think we would have gone far in the 82 or 86 world cups. It's pretty depressing when you consider what might have been.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
IZ , you are absolutely right. Had it not because of disaster, I would think that 80 Olympics would have been the real home coming of iranian football among elite.

Besides few talents that you mentioned that were products of vision and management of 70s, we still had young but experienced players that were wasted because of disaster. Hejazi, rowshan,..... Remember at 76 Olympics we were 1 goal away from reaching semi finals.......

How about that quiet dude from Khuzestan that never really got the respect at the national level that he deserved???Barzgari??

Takht Jamshid league and Vali AHD Cup ( both domestic and international) assured talent production for a generation perhaps even more.....