Iranian clubs should stop buying low-ranked Brazilian players

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
I keep seeing players from Brazil etc. in the Iranian league, and I get the idea that clubs are buying the just because they're Brazilian or something, because they haven't really impressed me that much..and that's obvious, since you can't expect good Brazilian or European players to go play in Iran, at most the clubs get 4th or 5th class players from these countries
My suggestion is that clubs start concentrating on talents from surrounding countries, such as Iraq or Syria or something..get the top talents from those countries, and I'm sure they'll impress more than some 6th class Brazilian..what do you all think?

Feb 14, 2006
Toronto
couldn't have said it better myself. You know, this is so much like our culture in general, it's not even funny. "ooooh, the guy is farangy. He has to be high class...." only in this case, "ooooh, the guy is from Brazil. He has to be good." You'd think professionals wouldn't have such a mindset but sadly they do.

Foo said:
I keep seeing players from Brazil etc. in the Iranian league, and I get the idea that clubs are buying the just because they're Brazilian or something, because they haven't really impressed me that much..and that's obvious, since you can't expect good Brazilian or European players to go play in Iran, at most the clubs get 4th or 5th class players from these countries
My suggestion is that clubs start concentrating on talents from surrounding countries, such as Iraq or Syria or something..get the top talents from those countries, and I'm sure they'll impress more than some 6th class Brazilian..what do you all think?
One of the best conducts to becoming professional in football is nothing but importing and exporting players to the countries who seize names in Football for what they’ve achieved in the past and present. The ability of exporting coaches and players in a good number to high quality teams is almost imposible for us or even we do then 70% of them would fail due to whatever the reason maybe. Navidkia and those who went and played in UAE some Austrian and Belgium clubs are the best case to prove my statement. Foo jan, The current Political / economical situation does not allow us to do better than this and so far it has worked fine for our basketball .

Last edited:
May 21, 2003
Not The Eshaalic Goozpublic !
War and Bombing permitting the best thing that could be done to Iranian football is to dismantle the IPL and start to have Provincial leagues again.

This should be done until all the teams that would want to participate in a future IPL own their own facilities(i don't mean a patch of grass that goes yellow as soon as a flock of pigeons take a shit on it).

Sports complex, A,B practice fields, Gyms, and an A-team match stadium with at least 20 000 capacity.

Teams in Tehran should be based on locality, i.e. Arsenal north, tottenham north, West ham east, Brenford, QPR, Fulham west etc etc...so the local youth can attend try outs and be picked.

the whole country aside from Tehran should be divided in four or five Zones where teams don't have to travel more than two hours for a match.

once this is complete in 10-15 years from now a "REAL" professional league should be installed in the country.

Player imports should be limited to Japan, Korea, Europe, US, Brazil and Argentina.

no fucking rejects from garbage holes should be brought into our league. The whole concept of importing players is to raise the game to a higher standard not to regress it to the levels we see now.

Example, Germany. Their league has been consistently getting worse since the flock of second rate Balkan, ex soviet imports. German teams used to shake other europeans now Italians, English and the spanish would dream to be drawn with German teams.

Coaching, management and sponsorship must be devised in a complete private manner. Government Agencies such as ministry of sport's hand should be cut out of privatised professional league.

It is not an easy task but it is do-able.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
You all have really good points, I most of all agree with the idea of locality within Tehran, because one of the most important assets of Iranian football is the youth: there is so much talent and potential in the country, but without any decent youth organization we can't make use of it..in potential, Iran could rise far above Asian level; in Japan & S.Korea football is not even the nr 1 sport and Saudi Arabia does not have nearly as much talent as Iran, but the potential is not fully used due to the lack of proper youth academies..look at Holland. A country of just 16 million population, reached 2 world cup finals, brought forward one of the best world cup teams of all time (1974), won one european cup, dutch clubs have won a total of 6 Champions Leagues....how? YOUTH..today, even though top european sides constantly sign the best players in the league, the dutch league is still 7th in europe, mainly thanks to its excellent youth training....now i'm not saying Iran should immediately reach that level, but much more work must be done on making use of the great potential and talent in Iran..because honestly, I'd rather have 10 Iranian talents of which 2 or 3 make it, than 10 mediocre brazilians