Iranian Pizza vs Khareji Pizza

Which pizzas do you prefer

• Total voters
Aug 29, 2005
IMO the pizza in Iran was way superior to the pizzas I'v tried anywhere else in the world. Sure the size of the pizzas here in North America are bigger but they have no taste.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
nothing beats Italian pizza in Italy and also Pizza Hut pizzas in Europe but Iranian pizza are yummi too!they just make the bread too thick there. mesle nun barbari shodeh!!lol

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
Iranian pizza
1-Mostly deep pan..thats why niloo found the similarity with noon barbari but Im 100% sure that they use the same KHAMIR as noon barbari..IT REMINDS ME OF ABBGOOSHT

2-The thin version or ITALIAN STYLE is the one I prefer in iran
3-they have 3 major pizza in iran,,,

a-VEGI which basically is putting every thing vegi on the top( swear to god once i tried baked beans on my pizza and it was awful)...it should be light and easier to digest but its not

b-MAKHLOOT....which is mushrooms and salamy( iranian kalbas)
c-MAKHSOOS which is the same as makhloot but higher price

I invented the 4th version which is combination of b and c...I simply called it
MAKH MOOOS loooooooooooooooooool
this is an original name...

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
nothing beats Italian pizza in Italy and also Pizza Hut pizzas in Europe but Iranian pizza are yummi too!they just make the bread too thick there. mesle nun barbari shodeh!!lol
Italian Pizza is the best, with very thin crust baked in brake or clay ovens, but I'm sorry Pizza Hut is terrible it's too greasy and cheesy. Pizzaye iranyham mishe joyeed.

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Pizza's in Iran, SUCK. They have no REAL salami or pepperoni, the sauce sucks as there is none, so yeah did i mention it sucks?

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN
Iranian pizza is cool..but it's not really pizza.

Just as American pizza is not pizza..

Pizza is the thing you get in Rome...but I had the best pizza ever in Perugia(well..when it comes to food..actually you can get the best in Perugia in everything).

Khoshteep

National Team Player
May 11, 2003
Ye rooz inja Ye rooz oonjaa
Most Pizzas in Iran is variation of deep dish or the chicago style, a good pizza you need to make a good crust and sauce, sauce is normally ketchup which is rather an insult to all itallians and the dough needs to be developed, for example to make it crustier u need egg white and to make it chewy and soft u would use egg yolk, yes most people making pizzas dont know nothing about making a dough or what kind of flour to use.

Although there are new places who come close, for example there is this Italian pizza place called Pizza Napoli who makes thin crust pizza with pizza sauce, I like their Chano which is thin slices of marinated steak with Blue cheese and recentley I had a very good deep dish in surprisingley Karaj which was non greasy and both chewy and crusty with good sauce and cheese. Rest though usually is rafeh kotty

alila

National Team Player
Jun 9, 2006
a galaxy far far away
Most Pizzas in Iran is variation of deep dish or the chicago style, a good pizza you need to make a good crust and sauce, sauce is normally ketchup which is rather an insult to all itallians and the dough needs to be developed, for example to make it crustier u need egg white and to make it chewy and soft u would use egg yolk, yes most people making pizzas dont know nothing about making a dough or what kind of flour to use.

Although there are new places who come close, for example there is this Italian pizza place called Pizza Napoli who makes thin crust pizza with pizza sauce, I like their Chano which is thin slices of marinated steak with Blue cheese and recentley I had a very good deep dish in surprisingley Karaj which was non greasy and both chewy and crusty with good sauce and cheese. Rest though usually is rafeh kotty
have u tried CALZONE???

R

rugsnotbombs

italian pizza is such sissy pizza. maybe that's why all the men wear tight jeans

iranian and american pizza fill you up, i eat to because i'm hungry, not because i love the taste of basil

anoush

Bench Warmer
Aug 14, 2004
Iranian pizza is so weird. They put all the toppings underneath some kind of cheese substitute, then grill it to oblivion. The "meat" is strange too, like something that comes out of a can, and the whole ketchup thing is just too much. Definitely a taste I have failed to acquire.