Iranian player in the MLS... Suspended and fined...

Farzadoo

Bench Warmer
Oct 22, 2002
Washington DC
Just read this in today's Washington Post...

"Colorado Rapids midfielder MEHDI BALLOUCHY was suspended two games and fined $1000 by Major League Soccer yesterday for elbowing an opponent earlier this month..."

I've never heard of him, but his name sounds totally irooni....

a_m

Bench Warmer
Nov 9, 2004
boston
Just read this in today's Washington Post...

"Colorado Rapids midfielder MEHDI BALLOUCHY was suspended two games and fined $1000 by Major League Soccer yesterday for elbowing an opponent earlier this month..."

I've never heard of him, but his name sounds totally irooni....

he is not iranian he is morroccian.....t

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
it is strange indeed
in the first place the arabi nations call our Mehdi Mahdi
2nd ...balooch-stan is in Iran??!
so both his 1st and last names are definitely Iranian.

they might have migrated to moroco then usa?

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
I always wondered about the Iraqis guy name Ahmad Chalabi.
Iraqis have plenty of Persian names, Moroccans don't. It wouldn't be an oddity even if Chalabi was not of the Kurds, who speak an Iranian and not Semitic language.

They pronounce that name Shalabi

Oct 27, 2004
Football
Iraqis have plenty of Persian names, Moroccans don't. It wouldn't be an oddity even if Chalabi was not of the Kurds, who speak an Iranian and not Semitic language.

They pronounce that name Shalabi
Actually Iraqis do pronounce it Chalabi. Iraqis pronounce P, Ch, etc. because of Persian and Turkish influence. Iraqi Arabic is quite unique.

Faran

Bench Warmer
Jan 4, 2007
USA
Actually Iraqis do pronounce it Chalabi. Iraqis pronounce P, Ch, etc. because of Persian and Turkish influence. Iraqi Arabic is quite unique.
oops, my mistake. I was aware that Iraqi Arabic and nomenclature is quite unique from the rest of the Arab World but I wasn't aware that you pronounced the sounds that Persian has and Arabic doesn't, so I was just assuming you'd pronounce his name like Al Jazeera/Al Arabiya commentators.

Thanks for the correction

Congratulations on Asian Cup!!!!!!!

Oct 27, 2004
Football
oops, my mistake. I was aware that Iraqi Arabic and nomenclature is quite unique from the rest of the Arab World but I wasn't aware that you pronounced the sounds that Persian has and Arabic doesn't, so I was just assuming you'd pronounce his name like Al Jazeera/Al Arabiya commentators.

Thanks for the correction

Congratulations on Asian Cup!!!!!!!
No problem bro. Thanks man, and inshAllah your Europ stars will shine in the upcoming season. Unfortunately all our players who were linked with Europe are now signing contracts in UAE, Qatar, etc.

Btw, do you say Pacha in Farsi? Pacha is sheep head, ehh, it's quite a nasty delicacy. :D