Iranian President selection thread

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Bi honar .. its rigged?? just because you say so??
No bro, it's rigged because in non-rigged elections, the results would be announced as they're counted. Worst case scenario, they would be announced a few hours later when they were supposed to be announced. When you go into 4 hours past the interior ministry's own deadline and the results of not a single polling station have been announced, it's rather obvious that something's very fishy!

feyenoord

Bench Warmer
Aug 23, 2005
lol at this comment on fb:

من که میگم ﺩﺳﺖ خط ﺁﻗﺎ ﺭﻭ ﻧﻤﯿﺘﻮﻧﻦ ﺑﺨﻮﻭﻧﻦ ﺗﺨﻢ ﻫﻢ ﻧﻤﯿﮑﻨﻦ ﺑﯿﺪﺍﺭﺵ ﮐﻨﻦ

I thought Qalibaf was a certain thing. Didn't you say that couple days back? :)
A certain thing as in he's certain to get more votes than the actual number of his voters.

The problem for regime (the only problem), is after AN they cannot come up with a single figure who could even remotely compete with a reformist candidate. Qalibaf is their best hope and even HE cannot beat a half-ass reformist like Rohani.

To make it less embarrassing, they will either take this to the 2nd round, or simply tell the nation to fuck off and announce Qalibaf as the president elect.

Of course, the most comical thing would be for them to go for Jalili, but I don't think they're that VAGHIGH (though, I'm sure they're more than capable of surprising all of us).

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
No bro, it's rigged because in non-rigged elections, the results would be announced as they're counted. Worst case scenario, they would be announced a few hours later when they were supposed to be announced. When you go into 4 hours past the interior ministry's own deadline and the results of not a single polling station have been announced, it's rather obvious that something's very fishy!
But 4 years ago they announced the result on time and it was rigged.. maybe they are being careful not to make mistakes again

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
The main reason they haven't announced the results is that participation was nowhere near 37 million - nor was it around that number last time. It was pretty much in the 29 million range in the last 3 elections before last time and I'm confident that the claim of 10 million votes being stuffed last time to boost AN's votes is accurate, because without that the turnout would again have been around the 29 million it has been consistently.

That causes a serious dilemma for the regime this time and now that all eyes are on the results, particularly as being monitored by the candidates. If they don't rig them and announce 29 million participation, it shows that voter turnout was 30% less than last time with 10% population growth! If they announce a higher voter turnout, then the results will be deemed rigged automatically - that's most important for the candidates who believe the last election was not rigged. That just reinforces Mousavi and Karroubi's case. So. they're just trying to figure out how to get themselves out of this mess.