Iranian President selection thread

Jun 7, 2004
I don't think Rohani is Rafi's man. I think that if Khamenei et al wished to resolve the nuclear stand off then the best way is to get Rohani in there. They can say that this is what people wished for. Long before Qalibaf or others got in, Rohani was in the race.

Rohani in, would mean that Khamenei et al wish to resolve the nuclear issue.

Oct 18, 2002
I don't think Rohani is Rafi's man. I think that if Khamenei et al wished to resolve the nuclear stand off then the best way is to get Rohani in there. They can say that this is what people wished for. Long before Qalibaf or others got in, Rohani was in the race.

I am not sure Rohani could resolve this issue any time soon. Obviously it depends on Obama and Europeans, but they have the regime by the balls; why would they let it go? IRI is not in a position to negotiate anything.

Jun 18, 2005

Welcome to the club of "you dont know how politics work in Iran". In entekhabat moshte mohkami bood bar dahane Mesbah!

Oct 18, 2002
Welcome to the club of "you dont know how politics work in Iran". In entekhabat moshte mohkami bood bar dahane Mesbah!
of course when Mesbah issues a fatwa that "I think Dr. Jalili is the most qualified and voting for him is vaajeb" then if he ends up 3rd, it is a mosht mohkam bar dahan Mesbah! what else can it be?

Even if Jalili makes it to second round (which I doubt), Mesbah and Jebheh Paydari will have to shut up for awhile.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
132 pages of a thread on Iranian so called elections!! - we must have democry in Iran - it's just that we never saw or felt it - we never got the memo!! but that does not matter - does it?

Last edited:

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
132 pages of a thread on Iranian so called elections!! - we must have democry in Iran - it's just that we never saw or felt it. but that does not matter - does it?
It really does ... If Jalili becomes the president, you can grantee a war with west.

Oct 18, 2002
Newest announcement:

1- حسن روحانی 834 هزار و 859 رای

2- محمدباقر قالیباف 320 هزار و 562 رای

3- سعید جلیلی 257 هزار و 822 رای

4- محسن رضایی 214 هزار و 368 رای

5- علی***اکبر ولایتی 106 هزار و 144 رای

6- سیدمحمد غرضی 25 هزار و 324 رای