Iranian Sattelite TV Stations !

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Are they actualy helping to free Iran ?
Can they do anything towards the Freedom of Iranians ?
That is not the job of a for-profit TV station. They can put out news, views and information that is not available from inside Iran. The rest is up to the people. One of the most valuable services that these TV stations have done is to keep our music and entertainment culture alive. The entire music scene in Iran now comes from abroad, thanks entirely to the TV stations.

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Is this thread doing anything to free Iran?
Believe it or not - many Iranians believe these TV stations are the main reason a meaningful opposition has not been formed outside Iran yet. Do you think the fact that IRI lobbysts like Trita Parsi of NIAC (with no more than 100 members) who is representing millions of Iranians living in USA has something to do with prolongation of IRI ?

artavile

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
MD, USA
I don't get the satellite service :) but watch it once in a while when visiting in laws. Other than a few programs and personalities, I believe overwhelming majority of satellite programs don't add any benefit nor they have much of entertainment value. :shake:

....and then you have characters like Hakha that by design end up making a mockery out of legitimate and caring opposition. :work-hard:

masoudA

Legionnaire
Oct 16, 2008
Arti - ouch - but I won't get into Dr. yazdi in this thread.

That is not the job of a for-profit TV station.
Great point - but let's not forget some of these "For Profit" stations make their $$ out of the pose they are here to save Iran, hence frustrating funds which could have been used to realy organize and do something.

But my question is: Can these TV's be used for at least creating a valid Iranian organization FREE of IRI influence. Of-Course the only way for this organization to remain FREE of IRI is to:
1- Have low enough overhead to be financialy independent.
2- Have high enough number of members to be financialy independent.
3- Have no desire to generate donations or Ads to expand. Donations and Ads means IRI or other foreign influences.

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
Are they actualy helping to free Iran ?
Hahaha free Iran? Most of the time they are selling Persian carpets or showing some bad Prsian music. I usually only go to my Iranian satellite to catch the football games.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Arti - ouch - but I won't get into Dr. yazdi in this thread.

Great point - but let's not forget some of these "For Profit" stations make their $$ out of the pose they are here to save Iran, hence frustrating funds which could have been used to realy organize and do something.

But my question is: Can these TV's be used for at least creating a valid Iranian organization FREE of IRI influence. Of-Course the only way for this organization to remain FREE of IRI is to:
1- Have low enough overhead to be financialy independent.
2- Have high enough number of members to be financialy independent.
3- Have no desire to generate donations or Ads to expand. Donations and Ads means IRI or other foreign influences.
I remember people wee unaware of street demonstrations few blocks away form their house and only knew about it when they head about it on Channel One. People calling stations on their cell phone while standing in the streets is invaluable. If they were ineffective they would not be jammed so consistently. But my point is not to expect too much.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Yes they have just helped portray anything Iranian out of IR as stupid, short sighted and retarded.
loool, well said!!

There are def some IR-supported TV stations there. When Tapesh promotes Moharram and Mah Ramezan, all wear black, dont show hit music during that time, and show every single Mahramezan-Mohram TV series that its shown in Iran, thats a good sign of it.

Anyways, as long as these stations dont have Unity with each other, dont get enough financial support by people/sponsors, and as long as Iranian people look for an IDOL before they support an opposition(thats the case inside Iran too), we'll have no real opposition outside Iran!

Oct 18, 2002
here
www.apfn.org
Are they actually helping to free Iran ?
No!
I do not know even one single channel that has Iran on mind!
They get money from illegitimate sources (such as israeli) and hinder the process.(of getting informed)
You can tell places like VOA which is supposed to be credible getting their news from zionist-owned agencies. (like Reuters) and spew the same old bullshi* over and over again. and their guest the same crap.
this is the zionist game they been playing for ages and unfortunately none of those so-called Iranians have the balls to tell the truth!
In any case Masoud jaan the genie is out of the bottle so to speak, I am more proud of American reporters such as Alex Jones, Jordan Maxwell, William Cooper , Jack Otto, and even David Ike (a british) etc. etc. than any of those Iranian liars and/or idiots!
In fact I am more proud of American people right now that my own ppl!
And I never in my life thought I'd ever say that....
Americans are waking up while we just sleep and sit there and wait for some one else to come and do the dirty work for us. We are too damn selfish, afraid/chicken, opportunist, dumb and arrogant to do any thing major for ourselves.
I mean I can understand the media inside of Iran being under tight control but here in the west there are opportunities to tell the truth and they wont do it ..something's wrong!

Jan 28, 2005
Stockholm
...I am more proud of American reporters such as Alex Jones, Jordan Maxwell, William Cooper , Jack Otto, and even David Ike (a british) etc. etc. than any of those Iranian liars and/or idiots!
Damet garm Meyti jan, the iranian people are asleep, Im glad to see that some are awake at least. I wish more iranians would wake up and do theire homework as Maxwell always says!

Sherwin

Bench Warmer
Oct 26, 2004
USA
No!
I do not know even one single channel that has Iran on mind!
They get money from illegitimate sources (such as israeli) and hinder the process.(of getting informed)
You can tell places like VOA which is supposed to be credible getting their news from zionist-owned agencies. (like Reuters) and spew the same old bullshi* over and over again. and their guest the same crap.
this is the zionist game they been playing for ages and unfortunately none of those so-called Iranians have the balls to tell the truth!
In any case Masoud jaan the genie is out of the bottle so to speak, I am more proud of American reporters such as Alex Jones, Jordan Maxwell, William Cooper , Jack Otto, and even David Ike (a british) etc. etc. than any of those Iranian liars and/or idiots!
In fact I am more proud of American people right now that my own ppl!
And I never in my life thought I'd ever say that....
Americans are waking up while we just sleep and sit there and wait for some one else to come and do the dirty work for us. We are too damn selfish, afraid/chicken, opportunist, dumb and arrogant to do any thing major for ourselves.
I mean I can understand the media inside of Iran being under tight control but here in the west there are opportunities to tell the truth and they wont do it ..something's wrong!
Damet garm buddy well said. This is from an Iranian American perspective(yours truly) I totally agree with you. In 1979 the revolution was successful because the people of Iran wanted it(not that it was a good thing). If the people of Iran want change it needs to come from within once again. It really makes me sad to see the Ir just bullying Iranian citizens, and sadly they are just taking it because right now they feel as if there is nothing they can do. I've been to Iran in 2006 right after the World Cup and witnessed it myself first hand.

Really the mentality of Iranians is "Hey why should I get involved and risk the life of my fmaily and myself when someone else can do it?" I can't blame them for thinking like this but that is why IR has so much power.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
loool, well said!!

Anyways, as long as these stations don’t have Unity with each other,

Nilou jan, with all due respect. I really think this idea of Unity among TV station is the most ludicrous notion I have ever heard of. I don’t understand why folks that have commercial aspirations should be uniting with one another. Their only purpose is to be there and gain market share against the other so they can eventually gain a better sum of advertising dollars. The notion of unity only makes sense to me when your country is attacked and you need to set aside your irreconcilable differences on temporary bases until such a time arrives that your country is free.

I don’t even understand the basis if argument for unity among political factions. I will cherish respectful civil language. But unity among folks who have completely different agendas seems like goal that one will never meet.

For the record if I were to ever open a company that would sell merchandise to Iranian clientele, I would hire Shahram Homayoon as vice president of Sales. The fellow is absolutely masterful in his ways of selling those flags, pins and rugs. If Shahram homayoon was born in America he would built something better than wal-mart.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
[/color]

Nilou jan, with all due respect. I really think this idea of Unity among TV station is the most ludicrous notion I have ever heard of. I don’t understand why folks that have commercial aspirations should be uniting with one another. Their only purpose is to be there and gain market share against the other so they can eventually gain a better sum of advertising dollars. The notion of unity only makes sense to me when your country is attacked and you need to set aside your irreconcilable differences on temporary bases until such a time arrives that your country is free.

I don’t even understand the basis if argument for unity among political factions. I will cherish respectful civil language. But unity among folks who have completely different agendas seems like goal that one will never meet.

For the record if I were to ever open a company that would sell merchandise to Iranian clientele, I would hire Shahram Homayoon as vice president of Sales. The fellow is absolutely masterful in his ways of selling those flags, pins and rugs. If Shahram homayoon was born in America he would built something better than wal-mart.
LOL@ shahram homayoun one!! soo true!! and if he was still in Iran, he could be as good as Rafsanjani in making $!

Back to the unity issue, no I didnt mean all persuing the same ideology/opinion, but they should all get along with each other well despite all the differences they have(which is not the case now), and when it comes to imp issues regarding Iran, such as diff media mentioning "Gulf" instead of "Persian Gulf",etc they all be able to tackle the issue together at once. when something like that happens, one channel is talking about Entertainment, the other is talking about Iran's role in Iraq, another begs for funding/financial help and so forth. So they dont have a common voice even on imp issues. Their view is so short-sighted and harki yek sazi mizane vase khodesh..

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
...The notion of unity only makes sense to me when your country is attacked and you need to set aside your irreconcilable differences on temporary bases until such a time arrives that your country is free...
It seems that you have provided the reason yourself!!