Iranian Sausages

Aug 26, 2005
At the risk of inviting a gay overtone...I really miss Iranian sausages. The generic kind that could be found in any small sandwich shop. The best to make eggs and sausages with. I am going nuts for them recently. Does anyone remember them, and know where, if, they're available to purchase online?

Aug 26, 2005
Shahriar jan it isn't about quality or anything like that. The sausages probably are unhealthy and low grade meat... but shit they were delicious. When I go to Iran I am going to stuff myself silly. But seriously, does anyone know if they're gettable from here?

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
^^Totally agree! Specially the ones they sold in the 80's. Dirty and probably bad for you but maaan they were delicious. However there are rumours that a trunk was caught having dead cats hanging inside and apparently they were selling the meet to a lot of different sausage companies in Iran. That has prevented me from eating sausages every time I've gone to Iran for a while. But anyways, I don't know about Australia but you can always order stuff from Shahrvand if you're in Iran. http://www.shahrvand.ir I doubt they send the stuff outside Iran.

Oct 1, 2004
A rule I've found to generally be true about food around the word: the dirtier the restaurant, the more questionable the ingredients, the better the food will taste.
I still remember buying sandwiches in Iran that would leave me sick for a day, but taste so good I can still remember.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Nothing ever replaced those sausages for me.

Here in Toronto, we have access to all sorts of Iranian goodies (things that would be unthinkable!), but still haven't found anything that resembles the taste of those unhealthy sausages back in Iran. I don't even know if they're still available in Iran.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Shahriar jan it isn't about quality or anything like that. The sausages probably are unhealthy and low grade meat... but shit they were delicious. When I go to Iran I am going to stuff myself silly. But seriously, does anyone know if they're gettable from here?
I know mate ...I understand , I used to love those sossis almani myself ...and those germ infested kalbas sandwiches of Amjadieh !

I am yet to taste any Ham like the ones we used to have in Iran .Those jambons were made with wild bore meat ...the taste was out of this world ...

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Last time I was in Iran I tried some that had cheese in it but wouldn't pop out until you cooked the sosis. They called it Koktel.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Kaz, you must have not been back to Iran recently. What you are drooling over doesn't exist anymore. In fact, a lot of the food we grew up on do not exist anymore or taste nothing like they used to. They don't even know how to make a proper sandwich. The stick one skinny hot dog in a roll that is three times as wide. All you end up eating is bread.

Oct 1, 2004
Flint is right. Sosis Almani has basically disappeared in Iran. Its now all Sosis coktel and other wrongly labelled sausages and cold cuts.

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Flint is right. Sosis Almani has basically disappeared in Iran. Its now all Sosis coktel and other wrongly labelled sausages and cold cuts.
The cold cuts have actually impoved since 1360s. Their chicken and gharch cold cuts are great. The sosis I agree have gone down hill.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I was at this Pizza place in Tehran (before the revolution), someone came in, ordered a Pizza and asked for noon ezafe.
I've seen quite a few people eat Pizza with noon! There's a well known high-class Persian restaurant in Toronto. One day I saw the owner and the chef having pizza at the back and they were both eating NOON with it! It was the funniest thing :)

tajrish

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, California
The closest to our Sosis Almani is found at Costco. Their all beef sausage is so yummy. I made a large sausage sandwich with sabzi khordan (reyhoon, shahi, nàna and piazche) yesterday with a bit of mayo, ketchup and tabasco sauce in Sangak bread and it was so good that I ate the whole damn sangak in one outing. Wondering why the gut keeps growing un-proportionally, well, there you have it.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
The closest to our Sosis Almani is found at Costco. Their all beef sausage is so yummy. I made a large sausage sandwich with sabzi khordan (reyhoon, shahi, nàna and piazche) yesterday with a bit of mayo, ketchup and tabasco sauce in Sangak bread and it was so good that I ate the whole damn sangak in one outing. Wondering why the gut keeps growing un-proportionally, well, there you have it.
Since your name is Tajrish do you remember Cafe Villa at sareh poleh tarish or parsian a bit further up in Pahlavi opposite Super Fard talayee ? they were my hang outs when I was a kid , I once got terribly sick from a Kalbas sandwich from mousio villa's sandwich as he was known by that name ,it wasn't just me but a whole lot of people got sick for some reason , but I eat in those places for years ....

Aug 26, 2005
Kaz, you must have not been back to Iran recently. What you are drooling over doesn't exist anymore. In fact, a lot of the food we grew up on do not exist anymore or taste nothing like they used to. They don't even know how to make a proper sandwich. The stick one skinny hot dog in a roll that is three times as wide. All you end up eating is bread.
Possibly. Last time I was in Iran was 02. I remember that one of my last meals were those sausages that I had for breakfast before leaving to the airport.

Shahriar jan, man I miss those jambons too. The sandwiches with healthy dollop of mayo. I loved living in Iran. Delivery koobideh or sandwich and so cheap.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Possibly. Last time I was in Iran was 02. I remember that one of my last meals were those sausages that I had for breakfast before leaving to the airport.
wholie molie... you haven't been to Iran for 10 years?? Time to pay a visit man! Why don't you go during the Christmas holidays? See you there...

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I've seen quite a few people eat Pizza with noon! There's a well known high-class Persian restaurant in Toronto. One day I saw the owner and the chef having pizza at the back and they were both eating NOON with it! It was the funniest thing :)
Some years ago we were sitting around 3 or 4 friends and talking about every thing from every where.

One guy started talking about his newly met girlfriend and said " bAvaretoon nemisheh man har she ghadr oon jAyeh doost dokhtaramo mikhoram sir nemisham.

Without a pause another guy replied to him "bA noon bokhor".