Iranian soccer player Christian star of World Cup

Aug 26, 2005
Also says Iran won in the WC against Angola. Not very accurate if you ask me...

Speaking in Germany, where Iran was eliminated after a single victory against Angola, Teymourian told Agence France-Presse on 4 June he had "no problem being a religious minority", adding that relations were "really good at the heart of the team".

VivaTM

Ball Boy
Jun 10, 2005
He is as Iranan as anyone within or ouside Iran, and we should all be proud of him as he is great player for the TM. Beleiving or not believing in a religion has nothing to do with a person's nationality.

Feb 22, 2005
I love this guy. He played amazing.

As who gives a shit that he is Christian, last time I checked Iran is called Islamic republic of Iran. Right there there is prejudice and unfairness against the minorities.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has there not being prejudice against non-muslim players beign called to Team Meli in last few years? Did not Perspolis have a great non-muslim striker who was the best scorer in IPL and would never get called?

Dont we have Brancko to thank for bringing Teymorian to the team? Would other IPL coaches would have taken the chance?

Oct 1, 2004
lordofmordor said:
I love this guy. He played amazing.

As who gives a shit that he is Christian, last time I checked Iran is called Islamic republic of Iran. Right there there is prejudice and unfairness against the minorities.

Correct me if I am wrong, but has there not being prejudice against non-muslim players beign called to Team Meli in last few years? Did not Perspolis have a great non-muslim striker who was the best scorer in IPL and would never get called?

Dont we have Brancko to thank for bringing Teymorian to the team? Would other IPL coaches would have taken the chance?
What the hell are you talking about? If there had been an award for Muslims fooballer of the year, you would have been cursing them.