Iranian Star Kaebi Linked With Wigan, Leicester

2phan

Football Fan
Jun 3, 2007
Leicester is kind of a disgrace for kaebi or the ipl league cause it shows that they think one of ipls best players is willing to take an offer from a 2nd, wat 3rd division league. Huge disgrace even being interested for kaebi.

But wigan would be a good move

Apr 19, 2004
Kabi vs Lee pyong

No one has mentioned Kabi is a better wingback than Lee (former PSV) and spurs regular!

If lee can be starter in EPL then so can Kabi!

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Leicester is kind of a disgrace for kaebi or the ipl league cause it shows that they think one of ipls best players is willing to take an offer from a 2nd, wat 3rd division league. Huge disgrace even being interested for kaebi.

But wigan would be a good move
Sorry, I don't understand your argument. Do you think IPL is equivalent to the Bundesliga or something? Who are we kidding? The IPL is not even a 5th rated league.

There are players from for example, the French, Ducth and the Belgian league who join the English Championship teams. Is that a disgrace? Compared to these leagues the IPL is nothing. Compared to the English Championship and even League1, the IPL is nothing. It's very much a step up for Kaebi to leave IPL for any team in the lower English leagues. The quality of the IPL players too is totally unknown to the market in England.
So most players in our league have to start at lower levels if they want to play abraod. If Kaebi is serious and if he is worth better than Leicester, he will prove it and gets his opportunity to play at a bigger English club in the Premiership.

For the record, Leicester is a much bigger club with a bigger premiership history and pedigree than Wigan, who just joing the top flight of English football for the first time two summers ago.

Last edited:

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
sure, but the point is he was, so then, so can kabi..
he was, but he wasnt exactly a good full back, coz if he was, spurs wouldnt have got a replacement for him. and dont forget, spurs have been looking for a left back since january (and even last summer). Lee only played because we couldnt find anyone half good.

comparing kabi with lee wont exactly mean much. lee is neither good in defending or attacking, and hasnt got any skills which help him in attack. he cant use his left foot, not good in crossing the ball, and hes short, so not a good header of the ball either. on top of that hes not exactly fast!

lee is an average player. hes more of a championship player than premiership if we are going to be realistic. yeah he tries hard, but he cant always give 100%, and on those days he looks very average. so if u want to compare kabi with him, then go ahead, but it would only make kabi look bad lol

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Lee an average player? I just dont get it..PSV fans would kill to have him back in Eindhoven. He was a brilliant left back for us, especially in his last season. And u can't really say PSV is Championship level ;)

Ali(ISP)

Tottenham till I die
Oct 16, 2002
Southampton, UK
And u can't really say PSV is Championship level ;)
no but ur league probably is championship level, isnt it? ;)

maybe it would be best for lee to go back to holland. because in england people have figured him out. he had an ok first season, because no one knew him really. but after that everyone figured that he has no left foot, and all he does is to cut inside. so they didnt let him to cut inside, and let him go on the outside, and the guy cant send one good cross on his left foot. same again with his defending. people have worked out his weakness, and there is nothing he can do about it.

2phan

Football Fan
Jun 3, 2007
Sorry, I don't understand your argument. Do you think IPL is equivalent to the Bundesliga or something? Who are we kidding? The IPL is not even a 5th rated league.

There are players from for example, the French, Ducth and the Belgian league who join the English Championship teams. Is that a disgrace? Compared to these leagues the IPL is nothing. Compared to the English Championship and even League1, the IPL is nothing. It's very much a step up for Kaebi to leave IPL for any team in the lower English leagues. The quality of the IPL players too is totally unknown to the market in England.
So most players in our league have to start at lower levels if they want to play abraod. If Kaebi is serious and if he is worth better than Leicester, he will prove it and gets his opportunity to play at a bigger English club in the Premiership.

For the record, Leicester is a much bigger club with a bigger premiership history and pedigree than Wigan, who just joing the top flight of English football for the first time two summers ago.
i never thought of it that way, but i stil think its better if he goes straight to epl than just 2 star in the champions league and hustle his way through the top which prob requires alot more work

but like u said Leicester is perhaps the better last option than anything else, even though i think he deserves allot more better than what hes getting

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
i never thought of it that way, but i stil think its better if he goes straight to epl than just 2 star in the champions league and hustle his way through the top which prob requires alot more work

but like u said Leicester is perhaps the better last option than anything else, even though i think he deserves allot more better than what hes getting
The EPL (or any other top league in europe) is a lot trickier than it meets the eyes. There have been a lot of high profile failures. Like Ali says about Lee, it's one thing to do it in less competetive leagues like Holland and France and another to do it in England, Spain, Italy. Don't even mention the Iranian league. Being the best in the IPL don't bring you anywhere close to playing in the top European leagues.

Kaebi and Iranian players in general are very much unknown quantities. Their experinces in the IPL is no indication of their general ability. So they have togo to small teams and lower leagues and start working from there upwards. If they are good enough to replace what's already here then they will get their chances.