Iranian Teams and their Foreign Players!!!

OldFan

Bench Warmer
Feb 4, 2005
Here:
http://www.asia-basket.com/iri/iri.asp

WHO WILL TAKE THE RESPONSIBILTY?! - Oct. 10, 2005 - by Houman Bagheri

These days, when we talk about Iranian basketball anywhere among the basketball families, the first image hits the mind, is the progressive aspect of this sport in the country which has attracted a big range and number of foreign players to the Iranian teams over the past few years. But what can keep this attraction as a stable fact?
1) The Iranian Teams understand how serious it is they learn professional attitudes toward their foreign players and keep their commitments.
2) The Iranian Basketball Federation steps in as the ruling entity, to defend the rights of both sides, including the teams and the players.

Today, unpleasant news coming from just a very few teams, makes us upset that how one or two clubs can change the face of other Iranian teams into bad. In a phone interview, Lorenzo Hall, who has joined the controversial team of Shahrdari Gorgan, said, “It is more than two weeks that I have signed my contract without being paid, and I have decided not to stay here any longer!”
In another conversation, Mike Wells, who played in Caja Rioja of Spain last season, was complaining about the same problem in Shahrdari. Mike, who has been praised by the team officials of Shahrdari Gorgan for his one-man-show role in the past two games, said, “I am just trying to find out how this team expects me to play a good game like the previous ones when they have not implemented even one single condition on the signed contract?!”

Well, it seems that the basketball federation is still probably unaware of this problem, otherwise, they wouldn’t have allowed such an embarrassing problem happens. When we have lots of Iranian teams which do their best to stay committed to all of their obligations toward the players, it is not easy at all to accept one or two teams hurt the image of Iranian basketball teams outside.