iran's f-14 tomcat fighter pilots documentary

Oct 18, 2010
make sure to watch all 3 parts [video=youtube;sya-9XDpfiM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sya-9XDpfiM&feature=g-u-u[/video]

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
Thanks for posting this, I just watched all 3. They brought back plenty of sweet/bitter memories. I stll believe and claim that without F-14s (aka iraqi air force nightmare) outcome of war could way too grim.

BTW: Back then revolutionary Gov. of Iran had a mandate for not publicizing Iranian F-14 incredible achievements based on the reasoning that American corporation Grumman manufacturer of F-14 And Hughes Aerospace builder of AIM-54 Phoenix might use our report for advertisement purposes. In all wars reports outlining the achievements of armed forces in and beyond front lines are essential for up keeping the overall moral of those citizens behind front lines who support the warriors up front.

Feb 22, 2005
Did Islamic republic supreme leaders (way more powerful and dictatorial than a king), or their sheep followers and murderers ever apologized to the nation and to Shah and to the people of Iran for attacking them and mocking them for buying the planes back in the 70s?

Did our own site's regime supporters of the supreme leader, Ashtar, General, Reza, and others, ever appraised Shah for buying them?

Oct 18, 2010
actually iranians should thank richard nixon and henry kissinger who understood iran and it's potential.they were the most pro-iranian politicians ever in the us and despite vehement opposition from both arab and jew lobbies in congress pushed through with the sale of f-14s to iran.it may not be an accident that watergate happened just after this sale was finalized.unfortunately the shah was not able to play his historical role to fulfill the true potential of iran which was to be the regional superpower based on nixon & kissinger doctorine.

Jun 7, 2004
More than anything this documentary is about the honesty of these Iranian pilots that chose to honestly give credit to the genius of American engineering in particular over the Russians, be koori cheshme Rasputin and his petty groupies.

ferdosi

Bench Warmer
Apr 21, 2004
I'm not sure exactly how the story went or what kind of plane it was, but my father was telling me in the beginning of revolution someone from IRI had called one of these Fantoms as JUNK (Ahanpareh); supposedly Iran was to get alot more planes (I'm not sure if it was F-4 or 5 or 14) from USA, but they cancelled the order. Anybody knows about that and who was behind cancelling the order?

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Iran was getting 304 F-16's, additional 84 Tomcats plus the rights to start building FA/18 Hornets in Iran by the mid-80's. Also other deals like reverse engineerd F-5E's by the early 80's with Iranian modifications. If the revolution hadnt happen, today iran would have a world class aviation industry where we would be making world class fighters probaly something close to the level of France and England if not better.Read Tom Coopers thoughts regarding Shahs grand plans for the Iranian armed forces to be tottalt self sufficient.

Feb 17, 2009
Iran was getting 304 F-16's, additional 84 Tomcats plus the rights to start building FA/18 Hornets in Iran by the mid-80's. Also other deals like reverse engineerd F-5E's by the early 80's with Iranian modifications. If the revolution hadnt happen, today iran would have a world class aviation industry where we would be making world class fighters probaly something close to the level of France and England if not better.Read Tom Coopers thoughts regarding Shahs grand plans for the Iranian armed forces to be tottalt self sufficient.
all good and well those numbers but Iran would be dependenat on lockheed martins and other american companies... and if you have a issue with uncle sam they wll stop the sales of everything. Now that is pretty embarassing ehh ? like a child you must listen to them or you dont get your promised candies... same goes to filthy russia as they basckstabbed iran with s300.

I am for a national domestic jet instead of buying foreign crap, relying on yourself is the best thing you can do... but with management of IR its something hard to achieve

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
The term self-sufficient means IIAF would not have needed any more american help or assistance anymore by 1985 meaning Iran could build and produce these fighters without any foreign help.That was the goal shah had given the IIAF.

Feb 17, 2009
The term self-sufficient means IIAF would not have needed any more american help or assistance anymore by 1985 meaning Iran could build and produce these fighters without any foreign help.That was the goal shah had given the IIAF.
are you sure ? man, were the americans that naive to arm a huge and strategic nation like iran to the point of no return ? i doubt it man... superpowers look for their own interests and they are not naive

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
all good and well those numbers but Iran would be dependenat on lockheed martins and other american companies... and if you have a issue with uncle sam they wll stop the sales of everything.
Standard come back anytime joint development with foreign companies come up. Tell my how the US can stop Hyundai from making their fabulous cars. Tell me how the US can make Samsung stop making Galaxy. This is so 1960s.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Standard come back anytime joint development with foreign companies come up. Tell my how the US can stop Hyundai from making their fabulous cars. Tell me how the US can make Samsung stop making Galaxy. This is so 1960s.
Not challenging your point but I am just curious what you find so fabulous in a Hyundai!!

parham79

Bench Warmer
Dec 5, 2009
Read tom coopers book and it will give a detailed insight. Shah was building a armed forces with a 25 year plan of equipping iran with nuke capable subs, a strategic bomber fleet, 2 to 4 aircraft carriers and 12 kidd class destroyers to rule the blue ocean and perserve irans interests.Shah wanted the west to help iran build the base and from there iran could do the rest. He was slowly from the early 70s and in a much faster speed by 1977 was cutting the oreign assistance lower. IIAF in the 70s needed to tran enough pilots to equipp the huge fleet of fighters and in the 1980's it would start maintaing everything herself.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Not challenging your point but I am just curious what you find so fabulous in a Hyundai!!
I think they have done a bang up job of their current line up. New Sonatas and Elantras are night and day compared to previous generation. Genesis coupe look awfully sexy. Check out Veloster too. Same goes for the new Kia models. The point is that the 60s mantra that nokareh America will never get anywhere is just plain wrong. We have been "on our own" for 30 years and all we have to show for are Prides and Samands.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Rasoul jan , do you remember a while ago I was asking you for this particular song from shahram Nazeri ? well here it is thanks to Mahbod who put it up for our heroic

olympians in London , but I would also like to dedicate it to the brave and skillful Tomcat pilots who did a great service to their nation ...

Just a shame that the beginning of the song is missing becuase it has a great zarb that takes into the circle of the zoorkhaneh !

[video=youtube_share;06xW28bVzwQ]http://youtu.be/06xW28bVzwQ[/video]

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2005
Yeah, but did people have free water and electricity that Khamonie and Khamanie and Islamic government has given people? Did god talk to shah like he talks to Khamanie? Did God put Halos around Iranian leaders like he puts around Ahamdnejad? And more importantly, did the county run and manage based on a book written by an average man 1300 years ago? That is right, the answer is no.

Read tom coopers book and it will give a detailed insight. Shah was building a armed forces with a 25 year plan of equipping iran with nuke capable subs, a strategic bomber fleet, 2 to 4 aircraft carriers and 12 kidd class destroyers to rule the blue ocean and perserve irans interests.Shah wanted the west to help iran build the base and from there iran could do the rest. He was slowly from the early 70s and in a much faster speed by 1977 was cutting the oreign assistance lower. IIAF in the 70s needed to tran enough pilots to equipp the huge fleet of fighters and in the 1980's it would start maintaing everything herself.

May 12, 2007
Part of me says don,t get excited. Super powers used this war to test their military technonogies.
1-But Why should Iran stop attacking Iraq inside their teritory?
2-They suddenly see an Iraqi airoplane coming from Hamedan!!