Iran's fake Aircraft carrier! lol

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
This is not for real, is it? You'd thing you could find such a thing of this size in the satellite view of the Google map but it's not there! How often is the Google map updated?

Fatso

Captain
Oct 1, 2004
Its for a movie about Iran Air Flight 655. Apparently Oliver Stone's son will be in it. No, I'm not joking.

May 9, 2004
این مال پارساله توی همین فوروم هم درموردش بحث شد
ایران گفت که برای صحنه یک فیلم ساخته

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Its for a movie about Iran Air Flight 655. Apparently Oliver Stone's son will be in it. No, I'm not joking.
I heard that too. the issue is USS Vincennes was not part of an striker group.

It was part of battle group.

so I am not sure what a mock up of the aircraft career would be needed for that movie (it just seems to expensive)

it seems more suitable for propaganda films. testing capability Torpedoes and land to sea missiles.

InDaMoneyz

IPL Player
Mar 13, 2007
movie or not, one way or another it is obviously constructed for propaganda purposes and hence the most ridiculous moronic waste of money.

Its not like it is done by independent movie studios in Iran where they will release the movie internationally and make up 10 times more than they spend. It is a government sponsored movie set (if it is) for a propaganda movie no one will ever see domestically or internationaly - unless they have a deal with a major studio which is not likely.

so once again they are wasting people's time and money on nothing but fluf.

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
I suppose if they wanted to make Titanic the movie in Iran they would build the Titanic the ship all over again and take it out to North Atlantic and slam it into an iceberg. They might actually kill 2200 people too. Someone tell them about Pixar.