Iran's newest jet fighter - Qaher 313

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
salam BT...

yes, i've been quiet for a while - it's now over 2 years since i came back to live in iran & i have mixed feelings about it all ...

my work is in the same area as you ... ie IT (and a few other private ventures since i came to iran) ... so i have no idea idea what you are talking about - "sarcasm perhaps?" ... in the IT area, i have been rather surprised coz i've seen some excellent guys here

as for arash & hasan - i know a few hasan/hosein/ali/arash here !! i guess you are confusing me with someone else?!!!!

anyway, i just posted this as a "news" item ...that's all

cheers

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Nice looking craft , for a minute I thought they have captured a F-22 in mid flight ,now that would have been impressive ! if they could hack the flight management of the F22 and order it to go and sit down in that corner like a good boy ...there !:15:

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Iranian goverment built 1970's technology jet but cant even built airplane parts for iranAir's +40 year old Boeings planes .... makes me wonder!!!

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Where is Rasoul (Motori) when you need him!

Seriously where is he? It was a long time ago he posted. I really wanted to know his view about the helicopter as well.

reza+

Ball Boy
Feb 19, 2004
thanks zobahan for clarifying it ... actually i moved to tehran first ... now in mashad ... next stop possibly back to london if i can persuade a certain other !

anyway ... there's a lot to say but i'll be away for a few days ... will try to catch up with u all later

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Iran has been trying to reverse engineer fighter jets for a while now. First it was Azaraskhsh, a F-5 looking plane, then came the saegheh and now Qaher-313.

If you compare the Azarakhsh (2007) with the Qaher (2013), you could see they have made a lot of improvements. It seems that they can build small fighter jets now. Mind you, that a lot of parts is purchased from other countries but that is not the point. Once you find a technology, you can slowly improve it bit by bit.

This shows that if you spend time and money on anything, you can be successful. I only wished that we spent money on our own people so that we could have a prosperous nation, and I guarantee you we would have seen so much progress in science and technology ... Iranian are smart people but don't have the the right management .... all of the improvements comes in form of military equipments exactly like soviet unions and north Korea.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Silly Lockheed. Spent 20 years developing the F-22 then here comes daneshmandan Irani and voila. A shiny F-22. Could the F-35 be far behind?
You can't compare the country that spends trillions of dollars on military research with Iran . but the fact is that Iran is putting money on the army and it is seeing results. The whole purpose of IRI is to build strong army + nuclear capability and they do anything to achieve these goals

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
Actually, it looks more like the F-35 than the Raptor. It's a great looking craft and it does seem to have some stealthy features, but the billion dollar question is does it fly? If it does, it looks to be subsonic or transonic at best, but given the wing design I doubt the wing tips can handle transonic stresses. It's also too small to carry any significant armament other than maybe a couple of small AAM's or anti-tank missiles in an internal bay, although the landing gears would take up the majority of the space in the fuselage when folded up.

Given the fact that they're calling it a "fighter", it's not a surveillance plane and it's not being used for close air support which would be the role most suited for a subsonic aircraft at this day and age. That leaves only the air superiority role, but with a couple of AAM's, subsonic speed and not having great roll capability or small turn radius because of the wing design, I'm not sure it would be at all suited for that role.

I too wish Rasoul was here for some much appreciated insight.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
This is legit guys. In fact Qaher 313 is produced by the same Sepah engineering corps currently working on IR's latest Armored Personnel Carrier, Qater 3000:

Juancito.jpg

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
saffe berenje hendi ra bechasb. Ghaaher va ghaatel ra velelesh:
[video=youtube_share;e6I5j_rOOkk]http://youtu.be/e6I5j_rOOkk[/video]

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
go to minute 3:08 alireza bye
LOl the monkey reporter was hossein Bye
[video=youtube_share;zkHNLV7Peww]http://youtu.be/zkHNLV7Peww[/video]