Iran's response to the german cartoonist

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
I don't doubt that this is idiotic and I think Ali said it best. Condemning it would have given us the moral high ground, but this response just makes us look like a bunch of simpletons and makes us look as bad, if not worse. We should also keep in mind what Bayern Munich did when all the world said that they shouldn't play in Iran, and they ignored that pressure and played for the people. This kind of thing will just convince enlightened choices like that not to be made in the future.

I don't buy that explanation given by the Germans for the cartoon for one second though. And I think both headcounciluta and soccerboy have some good points. This is freedom of speech, so let people write what they want and draw what they want, and we are free to call them idiots. The most disturbing thing I see is how easily Iranians kill themselves to defend Westerners. Khareji parasti is a disease in our country and Iranians will humiliate their own family for a westerner, but will readily accuse, insult, and attack fellow Iranians, let alone other non-westerners. There is something about seeing white people that makes Iranians weak in the legs, actually the best way to describe them is be-lond people.

azaad2004

Bench Warmer
Jul 29, 2005
It's called freedom of speech, this guy is just expressing his opinion in a peaceful manner and he is not the official representative of Iranians either, so why overreacte? Is this a more shameful response than burning embassies?

ghilich

Bench Warmer
Oct 12, 2004
usa
First of all the German editor and the cartoonist have definitely not apologized. They have "spun" and made a lame excuse for their cartoon, but they have 100% not apologized. If it is otherwise, post it on this site, so we can all agree to that... The auto-reply of the editor to all who emailed him in protest, was to say the cartoon was intended (wink wink) to poke fun at German minister's statement of how they would deal with Iranian fanatics coming to WC...

SO, by THAT kind of logic, OBVIOUSLY the Iranian response cartoon is ACTUALLY intended to protest the behavior of Islamic fanatics!

- Second, we all DO believe in freedom of speech, RIGHT? so the Iranian cartoonist is just excercising his freedom of speech, on BEHALF of the wronged German nation, OF COURSE!

- Third, this gives the Germans to practice their tolerance of other's opinions and put to the test their STRONG BELIEF in the FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

- Fourth, I much rather see this, than violent action. SURELY Germans can not get offended for having their players portrayed as Nazis in the SAME SPIRIT that they did not expect US to get offended by the cartoon their popular newspaper published. Right?

- Fifth, I would like to say, that should any Germans MISTAKENLY take this as an offensive comment by a SINGLE Iranian newspaper, we can all surely "apologize" in the same manner as the German editor and cartoonist.

- GET OVER IT!! it was a simple wit match and the Iranian cartoonist proved that we don't take a back seat to anyone, when it comes to "tanz" and wit. He must be an Esfoohooni.... (an oh so politically incorrect comment! SHAME SHAME SHAME on me!)

Last edited:
Oct 1, 2004
Dameshoon garm.
The cartoon doesn't mean to insult the nation of Germany, it's just saying how illogical it would be to have Nazi's in the stadium.
Sometimes bullshit has to answer bullshit. This is the same type of excuse the Germans came up with when they drew the first cartoon.
Also the artwork on this one is much nicer.

ball_hugger

Bench Warmer
Feb 11, 2005
pretty funny cartoon! and yes its ok and its a decent response to the german cartoon, you guys got to stop being hypocrits allow freedom of speech a chance. but as other members said earlier most iranians cant help being khareji parast even when they are insulted by them(exptremly pethatic)

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
sirabi said:
I don't doubt that this is idiotic and I think Ali said it best. Condemning it would have given us the moral high ground, but this response just makes us look like a bunch of simpletons and makes us look as bad, if not worse. We should also keep in mind what Bayern Munich did when all the world said that they shouldn't play in Iran, and they ignored that pressure and played for the people. This kind of thing will just convince enlightened choices like that not to be made in the future.

I don't buy that explanation given by the Germans for the cartoon for one second though. And I think both headcounciluta and soccerboy have some good points. This is freedom of speech, so let people write what they want and draw what they want, and we are free to call them idiots. The most disturbing thing I see is how easily Iranians kill themselves to defend Westerners. Khareji parasti is a disease in our country and Iranians will humiliate their own family for a westerner, but will readily accuse, insult, and attack fellow Iranians, let alone other non-westerners. There is something about seeing white people that makes Iranians weak in the legs, actually the best way to describe them is be-lond people.
this is not about 'Khareji parasti' as you put it. Didn't the same German team came to Azadi to help the Bam victims or not? didn't Kilinsman donated alot of money to the Iranian charity or not? and you go ahead and insult them directly by calling them to worst thing they can be called in German, just because someone in Germany printed something? what are we 2 years old, you call me something I have to comeback and call you something worst? Is that how we thank people who come to help us? we are bunch of ungrateful people, we deserve whatever we get. I am ashamed to be an Iranian at this moment, and I am more sad that people actually approve this shit.

and why are people in Iran are offended anyways? Isn't being myrter and a sucide bomber the greatest honor in Islam according to IR? and if you want to make fun of someone make fun of the cartoonist, make him the Hitler drawing the Iranian cartoon!

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Did you even read my post? Did I ever say I agreed with the cartoon? Let me assure you of one thing, if the initial cartoon (the German one) had been done by some Arab cartoonist, everybody would be on the board screaming about dirty Arabs and making all kinds of racist comments (and that's with the same explanation given by that German guy). And I further assure you that if the Iranian response had been something similar to this Hitler thing, everyone would chime in with their comments about being proud and how funny it was. However, because this is German and be-lond, suddenly everyone is up in arms and shocked. I know we're not Arabs so please spare me that speech, my point when talking about khareji paresti is the way Iranians fight for Western causes and "be-lond" people, which are often against Iranian ones, with a far greater passion than any Westerner- kase daghtar az ash. And just to let you know, I am completely for democracy, women's rights, religious freedom, and all the other ingredients of a fair and free society, so please don't start the arguments that I am somehow against all these things.

Have you been to Iran ever or recently? I haven't met too many people who want to kill themselves. And anyway, that has nothing to do with it. People are offended, both inside and outside Iran because an offensive stereotype was used to generalize about all Iranians (and I read the explanation but I don't buy it).

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
sirabi said:
Did you even read my post? Did I ever say I agreed with the cartoon? Let me assure you of one thing, if the initial cartoon (the German one) had been done by some Arab cartoonist, everybody would be on the board screaming about dirty Arabs and making all kinds of racist comments (and that's with the same explanation given by that German guy). And I further assure you that if the Iranian response had been something similar to this Hitler thing, everyone would chime in with their comments about being proud and how funny it was. However, because this is German and be-lond, suddenly everyone is up in arms and shocked. I know we're not Arabs so please spare me that speech, my point when talking about khareji paresti is the way Iranians fight for Western causes and "be-lond" people, which are often against Iranian ones, with a far greater passion than any Westerner- kase daghtar az ash. And just to let you know, I am completely for democracy, women's rights, religious freedom, and all the other ingredients of a fair and free society, so please don't start the arguments that I am somehow against all these things.

Have you been to Iran ever or recently? I haven't met too many people who want to kill themselves. And anyway, that has nothing to do with it. People are offended, both inside and outside Iran because an offensive stereotype was used to generalize about all Iranians (and I read the explanation but I don't buy it).
let say the guy who made those cartoons in Germany was a A-hole racist, is the best way to response to such people? act like kids?

2nd how this a khareji paresti shit? you tell me DID the GERMAN NATIONAL TEAM CAME TO IRAN TO HELP THE BAM DISASTER OR NOT? if appreciating what the Germans did for Iran is kharaj-parasti than call me kharj-parast.
and yes I am with the "be-londs" people, which are totally against Iran with their racist people and players.

3rd don't complian about the sterotype when our beloved government proudly brodcast to the world the line up for sucide bombers in our cities to the world. Germans didn't create the sterotype Iranians did it. Yes we Iranian are 'ghyrati' as long as its a cartoon, God forbid we show the same 'ghyrat' when teenagers are hanged in public squares and our women are sold in arab countries and our youth use drugs more and more and our government support terrorism and re-name streets after terrorist and put their pictures all over Iran, no these issues doesn't not matter but when a "Be-Lond" in Germany draws a cartoon that make us angry and our ghyrat kicks in.
Does the German government proudly display picture of Hitler to the world?

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
Like I said, read my original post and see what I said about the cartoon. Did you even read it? Did you see what I said about Munich? Read the post and then preach to the converted.

Look I'm not going to continue this longer than this post because it is getting political and away from the topic, but what the government of Iran does and what the people do are two completely different things. Generalizing about the people because the government is a certain way is absolutely racist and typically imperialist behavior. And please don't give me the speech about the people in Iran deserve this because they don't do anything about it. If you think that's true, buy yourself a plane ticket and you go and change things. Don't comment when you are a thousand miles away in a comfortable place, because unless you are there, you have no idea what the reality is for people there, especially the reality for people fighting for freedom who are in jail. Instead of talking a big game, go and lead the fight.

I suppose you are referring to Palestinian suicide bombers when you mention this stuff because I don't remember a single Iranian suicide bomber anywhere, no matter who the government supports. I am completely against any form of violence especially killing innocent people, but I suppose you will support Israel if they fling some missiles into Iran, saying that Iran deserves it, regardless of the lives lost by innocent people. Furthermore, do you really think Israelis see most Iranians as any different than the Palestinians that they treat like garbage? They are probably more racist towards us than Europeans are, but I suppose that's our fault as well according to you. Even those of us (the majority of Iranians by the way) who have not done a damn thing to them.

Look man, I'm not going to change your mind, and you definitely won't change mine, so good luck I just can't be bothered with this discussion anymore. Just read my original post before you claim that I somehow support the response to the cartoon.

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
just a note it wasn't palestinan people who were signing up for a sucide mission to save ghods from the zionists, at the namoz jomeh in Tehran.

Here you go buddy Fresh off the press. of course they are not Iranians they are palestinan and Geraman should know the difference between Iranians and regular Iranians.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060219...WNI2ocA;_ylu=X3oDMTA5aHJvMDdwBHNlYwN5bmNhdA--

DAMN YOU GERMAN RACISTS WITH YOUR STEROTYPE BS DESTROYING IRANIAN REPITATIONS WORLDWIDE. BUNCH OF NAZI SOBS.

Last edited:

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
"dear reader, thank you for your rightful concern about our cartoon.
we do feel sympathetic and regretful to any person who has perceived the cartoon to be insulting.
the creator of the cartoon was trying to characterize the iranian football players facial expressions of surprise if they had a nightmare that they were playing against adolf hitler and was not meant to insult the people of germany.

yours truly,

hezbolla magazine"

goosht

Ball Boy
May 27, 2005
averageniceguy said:
"dear reader, thank you for your rightful concern about our cartoon.
we do feel sympathetic and regretful to any person who has perceived the cartoon to be insulting.
the creator of the cartoon was trying to characterize the iranian football players facial expressions of surprise if they had a nightmare that they were playing against adolf hitler and was not meant to insult the people of germany.

yours truly,

hezbolla magazine"
:1::1::1: hahahahahahaha , nice one !

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Funnhe-Rudeboy said:
Hmm,,,so I guess this doesn't fall under the category of "Freedom of Speech".
it would if we didn't bitch first and if it wasn't the German national team. If it was US or someone else(not someone who comes and helps you when you needed the most), and not in a country where its prison is full of journalists.

averageniceguy

National Team Player
Apr 14, 2003
north pole (almost)
westwienmaskulin said:
geez....did anyone care about the fact that Hitler was not German??
well it doesnt matter to the one who drew his. he wanted to punch them below the belt, just as the german cartoonist did; and this is the germans' weak spot.
but the header leaves me in doubt. "hitler irani bood ya almani?" :)

Nov 21, 2004
uk
i think ghilich said it best. our country is just minding it's own business and the german come and draw the tm as suicide bombers. then they don't even apologise. if they apologised then we shouldn't have drawn their team as nazis. anyway what gos around comes around if their goona draw us as suicide bombers and not apologise to us then will remind them of the ass holes they used to be. If u call the what the germans did freedom of speech the what we did is also a freedom of speech.