Iran's U-19's problem, IMHO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
Today our U-19 team got humiliated by a team that finds it very hard to play simple friendly games outside its country, North Korea.

did the north koreans really dominate us?
NO. I didnt see domination.

but what I saw was their organization and passing ability which got the better of our "national fasination"; "dribbling" !

I always say, "take away "dribbling" from Iranian football and we will improve by leaps and bounds."
Today's game is clear proof of this.
while the koreans passed the ball well on that un-even pitch, our youth insisted and persisted on individualistic fits of dribbling, which got them absolutely NOWHERE!

well, that clarifies why we never got a whiff at scoring a goal.
but what about the defense?

their defense was simply HORRIBLE.
PITIFUL.
DISGRACEFUL.

be heech hamleh'ee "NA" nagoftand ... no matter how watery and minimal the attack by the koreans !
absolutely shoddy defending and coverage.

THIS, I blame the coach completely.
then again, I must question the sanity of hiring a brazilian coach for our teams.
if you go up, back to my saying on 'Iranians and their zeal to dribble', you'd see; "koor az khoda chi mikhad? ye "ray-ban"-e toop" !!!!

confused?
let me expound.

we all know our traditional weakness in football, be it in clubs or national teams, is defense and defending strategies.

we also know brazil's football's traditional weakness is , lo and behold, the same "defending".

now, I question the sanity of hiring a brazilian coach who is NOT the answer to our wants and needs.
( do NOT confuse it with hiring a wimpy, gutless and negative coach from eastern europe . no need for such drastic measures)

yes, the brazilian is the type who may appreciate and even advocate a good dribble or two. he may even stand up and clap when his players do a neat "La'ee".
but come on people, is he going to solve our problems?
I doubt it.

That's why I say the best coaches for our football, who not only will add and solve our problems in defending, but also in organization and teamwork, are either french or dutch coaches.

so back to our "koor", the way to solve this poor "koor" ( :eek: ) is give him what he LACKS, not what he is wrongly obssessed with.

------------------
no disrespect to Simoez, though, whom I think is doing fine.
but then again, he hasnt been REALLY TESTED yet, has he?

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
I have said this for many years, you just cant assemble these youth teams weeks before tournamnets and then dissolve them as soon as the games has ended.

Youth teams should always be playing.
It would be like assembling a brand new national team 4 weeks before the Asian Cup.

For example, the Australian Olympic team has played over 20 games this year only, how many games has our Olympic team played? None.
Which means that even if our Olympic team has better players than the Australians, we will be 20 games behind them,
We are not even sending our Olympic team to the Asian Games beacuse half of those players will not be eligable to play in the qualifiers and Irans Olympic coaches contract is officailly ending a month before the qualifiers begin.

In regards to this game, everyone must be responsible, coaches, players and the federation.
Why was Fonseca fired after they defeated the German u-19?
Why didnt his Iranian counterpart continue?
Why did they bring in a new coach 6 weeks before the tournament?
If Zarinche has such a problem working with Oliveira and Simoes, why is he still in the team, who picked him?
Who was in charge of messing up the paperwork of 4 players including the teams big star Charmahali?

Also, who is telling the truth, the physio who says that his players are weak, under nurished and hardly have any muscle mass or Zarinche who blames this loss on 'training too hard'.
As if training too hard is the reason for our problems,no I have heard it all.

Status
Not open for further replies.