Is Ashura becoming Iran's version of Halloween?

Jun 18, 2005
Look at some of these pictures. Some of these guys wake up on the day of Ashoora or Tasooa and they are like hmmm, I am just going out of the house and be be shemr today or dress up ridiculously as some Bedouin Arab and walk around looking like an idiot...

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
tazieh has been around for many years.

It is actually pretty entertaining part of ashoora.

but going to rozeh is where you hear alot of unreasonable things such "emam hossein enghadar shamshir zad ta khoon ta paye asbash umad bala."

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Oh..man..i got back around 1 am..it was basically a big street party...attended by all walks of life....professional models ....ahhh...people gettn high around the Tekeeye...lol..really ..it was a site to see...

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Yep...but the There 100's of Tekeeye everywhere.&much like a street Party yet with another 3 days off.everyone already in the partying mood.Imam Hussein would be proud at the effort put forth by all I-ranian youth..lol....

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Yep...but the There 100's of Tekeeye everywhere.&much like a street Party yet with another 3 days off.everyone already in the partying mood.Imam Hussein would be proud at the effort put forth by all I-ranian youth..lol....
Any of these gatherings becoming political?

Dec 12, 2002
usa
those theatric is entertaining for people .in the first picture they look like ghezelbash who actually were soldier of shaigary but when they turned their back to safavid iranian made them like yezid looking .
but the taziye khooni became of essense of simging in spain which we know as flamenco singing .

Aug 21, 2005
next door
Look at some of these pictures. Some of these guys wake up on the day of Ashoora or Tasooa and they are like hmmm, I am just going out of the house and be be shemr today or dress up ridiculously as some Bedouin Arab and walk around looking like an idiot...

you should came to mexico and see the stuff they do for the ´´peregrinacion de guadalupe`` or ``pilgrimage of guadalupe`` this is religion and the concept is the same in iran and all around the world.

Aug 27, 2005
Band e 209
I'm a big fan of Shemr (s.a). He was a true gentleman, a poet and one helava military commander.

But I don't like that idiot Harmaleh (?), an avid archer (sniper) like him should always target the Commander of adversary forces instead of the throat of a 6 month old prince.

May 12, 2007
I'm a big fan of Shemr (s.a). He was a true gentleman, a poet and one helava military commander.
When I drink water I always say salam bar Jazid laanaet bar Hosein.
What would have happened if shemr lost that war? They would probebly
have forced west to accept Islam. Edison were hanged before he
finds electrocity.

beystr 2.0

Bench Warmer
Jul 9, 2006
Zob jon..I didn't see or hear any joint / tekieye gettin' political..

i've seen this scene for some 8 yrs now..and i can tell u for sure this yr looked more like partying or sort of carnival and lot less azAdari than yrs before...one thing that seemed has gone thru much change was Mad'dahi..I mean this yrs songs & beats were much more rythmic and i'd say dance / movement oriented..let me just say that for a older guy (me) it wasn't boring at all..

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
ta jahalat hast, oza hamineye ke hast..

and here is the hi-tech version of Ashura this year. "if u dont answer, I'll send you a text message"!!!
هر شب به شما من تک می***زنم٬ تو جواب ندی پیامک می***زنم

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LU4o-pczTE&feature=player_embedded[/media]