ISP New Moderation system [Please Read]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 30, 2009
Dear All,

We would like to bring to your attention a new method of moderation of our forums, in order to bring more consistency to the way we moderate the site.

We have had quite a lot of feedback from our members regarding the way we moderate ISP, and we fully agree that at times we have not been consistent in the way we have taken actions against different members.

Hence we have put together an automatic warning system (points based) which should be clear for everyone.

Advertising/Spamming: 1 point
other: 1 point
Signature Rule Violation: 1 point
Inappropriate Language: 2 points
Insulted Other Member(s): 2 points
Racist remark: 2 points

Inappropriate language, personal attacks and racist remarks would give you two warning points, and advertising, spamming, etc will give you one warning points. Once you reach 4 points, you would automatically receive a 15 day ban.

Warning points are valid for two months, and would expire after this period. ie, if a member is warned once in a two month period, this warning would be wiped off after two months, and hence their warning points would go back to 0.

The site would be moderated by two moderators and two admins.

Moderators: Arian and Niloufar
Admins: Pooya and Ali

Members are encouraged to report any problems by pressing the alert button, or emailing admin@iransportspress.com.

Kind regards
ISP

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
ولایت یک زن (نیلوفر) بر مرد شرعا و عرفا به صلاح این وبسایت نیست.

تازه زنی که از کشور خود گریخته و به دامن ملکه الیزابت پناه برده

May 9, 2004
خوب با این حساب
قبلا یکی مثل بنده یک بار فحش می خورد و طرف بن می شد
الان باید حداقل دو بار فحش بخوریم تا بن شود

ولی متشکر از ادمین های گرامی
:)

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
خوب با این حساب
قبلا یکی مثل بنده یک بار فحش می خورد و طرف بن می شد
الان باید حداقل دو بار فحش بخوریم تا بن شود

ولی متشکر از ادمین های گرامی
:)
shayad ham yek bar fosh bokhori va dige nakhori, GP jaan nimeye pore livan ro bebin !

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
Dear All,

We would like to bring to your attention a new method of moderation of our forums, in order to bring more consistency to the way we moderate the site.

We have had quite a lot of feedback from our members regarding the way we moderate ISP, and we fully agree that at times we have not been consistent in the way we have taken actions against different members.
Still no mention of trolling after receiving all those feebacks! Quite amazing!

What is "signature rule" violation btw?

Here's a 3 pointer:

بر پدر و مادر کسی لعنت که در این مکان آشغال بریزد

LOOOOOOL!

Last edited:

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
What is "signature rule" violation btw?
It means putting expressions such "dalghak haro migiran" or "shashidam beh hezbe mehr" as your signature.

Feel free if you want me to be more explicit. I can explain it better by picking a member and saying it right to his face. Begam? khoda vakili tarof nakoni ha. faghat eshare kon.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
It means putting expressions such "dalghak haro migiran" or "shashidam beh hezbe mehr" as your signature.

Feel free if you want me to be more explicit. I can explain it better by picking a member and saying it right to his face. Begam? khoda vakili tarof nakoni ha. faghat eshare kon.
:4kerim: Kazemjan. Shoma "tof" kon maa shirje mirim :)

That dalghak, almost single-handedly, has damaged the reputation of this forum over the last few years. And unfortunately, despite the insistence of so many valuable members, the ISP admins and moderators have been unable to make a very simple judgement-call. We have already discussed about this issue extensively and I don't want to continue talking about it. But ISP will pay for this, more than what it already has paid in losing so many great members.

Oct 20, 2003
Does the new rules mean a member can technically insult another member twice before he is banned? If the answer is yes, I like the old rules better.
Secondly, I think you ought to define what "inappropriate language" is. What might be inappropriate to Hassoun might be considered God given "freedom of speech" ;) by Jassem. While I commend ISP for their efforts, I humbly suggest, the offenses be a little better defined so there will not be ambiguity.
My last question is, how many time can a member get banned and reappear under the same handle, or different one ;) before he becomes Persona non grata.

May 9, 2004
بنده می خواستم یک مطلبی را عرض کنم
و ان اینکه
ایا توهین به مقدسات اشخاص را هم حساب می کنید؟
واگر حساب می کنید
چه چیز را مقدسات اشخاص می نامیم ؟
اگر ادمین گرامی لطف کنند و شرح دهند متشکر خواهم شد
در مورد ان شخصی که اسم خود را قهرمااان گذاشته بود و بنده می دانم چه کسی بود و بعد بن شد
می خواستم سئوال کنم
ایا قوانین سایت اینطور نیست که این شخص حداقل باید برای سه ماه بن شود

متشکرم

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
I am going to go out on a limb and tell you that this is going to fail promptly. I don't see how any good can come from this approach. While it attempts to be impartial by introducing a point system, the subjective matter of "insults" remains, so a moderator has to determine what is an insult and what isn't. The people who are the most detrimental to this site are those who tend not to use profanity, but with screwed up logic and taunts, goad others into using insults. What will happen, for example, people like GP will go on posting BS, and a whole bunch of people who respond to their propaganda will get banned for insulting him. Sorry, guys, but nothing good is going to come from this approach that isn't already possible under the current rules.

May 12, 2007
Instead of this I think a good idea is that each poster can block unwanted poster. Each poster is member of a group of people he likes to comunicate with. The poster can start a thread for member of that group.

Pooya

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 23, 2004
Vancouver, Canada
www.IranSportsPress.com
I am going to go out on a limb and tell you that this is going to fail promptly. I don't see how any good can come from this approach. While it attempts to be impartial by introducing a point system, the subjective matter of "insults" remains, so a moderator has to determine what is an insult and what isn't. The people who are the most detrimental to this site are those who tend not to use profanity, but with screwed up logic and taunts, goad others into using insults. What will happen, for example, people like GP will go on posting BS, and a whole bunch of people who respond to their propaganda will get banned for insulting him. Sorry, guys, but nothing good is going to come from this approach that isn't already possible under the current rules.
that is exactly why we also introduced Ignore list. :) add whoever you like on your ignore list and you will never ever read a line of their posts !!!

Khorus

National Team Player
Oct 25, 2002
CA
that is exactly why we also introduced Ignore list. :) add whoever you like on your ignore list and you will never ever read a line of their posts !!!
Yes, thank you for the ignore list and I am already using it. My point was that the new system is not going to introduce anything better than what we already have, and in fact may result in some good members getting banned, so I can't think of it as a positive change. Maybe I am wrong, maybe the good people here will start using the ignore list more after they get banned a couple of times, if they decide to come back.

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
So does using multiple handles fall in the other category?:)....

The only thing this new system does is make a flawed system more consistent, but it does nothing to eliminate the root of the problem. As long as the Admins remain in denial about the damage certain trolls have caused to this site, the quality and reputation of this board will continue to go down the drain.

You need to understand something: When people abuse this board by posting under various handles, you are the ones they are mocking. The members are annoyed by it, but they have no power to stop it. The admins and mods are the gate-keepers of a site, and when they refuse to see what's right in front of them, they allow themselves to be played and manipulated. If that doesn't bother you, then by all means good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.