ISP Old Timers

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
I do remember someone who was very knowledgeable about music theory and Iranian music in general. Perhaps it was him. If I am not mistaken, he had a few run ins with our unnamed friend and decided to leave. Shame really...
Yes Babr is a percussionists and a professional, it's a shame he's not here.

HalaMadrid

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver, Canada
Because he mentioned the real life names of members, but mainly because you and him had a falling out over Iranian sports etc...

(Others had done this before and not get even a warning)...
You think that was the only reason? I guess you missed all the FOSH and Insults by him then :) Or number of Fosh between him and Chinaski (hence why both were banned)

not to mention all the Fosh he sent our new admin way as well :) so easy to forget!

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
You think that was the only reason? I guess you missed all the FOSH and Insults by him then :) Or number of Fosh between him and Chinaski (hence why both were banned)

not to mention all the Fosh he sent our new admin way as well :) so easy to forget!
This doesn't make sense to me Pooya jan, because there is an active member who has been so insulting of people's families "whore is the mother who gave birth to you" so many god damn times, yet hasn't received even a warning....

Every time it is raised, it is ignored..

Oh well.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
IEI has been pretty consistent thus-far.

I still think not giving a warning to someone who horribly insults the loved ones of members in the forum, and yet permanently banning other members, just based on whether they are "friendly" to admin or not, isn't right. But then again this is a very small community now so whatever you guys think... Dametoon garm

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
So is it worth unbanning some of the permanently banned...? Maybe a norouz pardon...?
Will never happen.
I set some rules and asked for the members to review them. I added/modify few of them based on feedback's.
Rule says once you are banned for life, see you later.
If I don't follow my own rules, that would be ridiculous.

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
If rules in the past got one member permanently banned, and another not even a warning for similar levels of insults, then I guess that doesn't fit in with the "don't live in the past - let's move on". I think it's different for people who have been permanently banned since you took over of course.

Anyway that's fine, i'm not that bothered, it's up to you and how you see fit

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
If rules in the past got one member permanently banned, and another not even a warning for similar levels of insults, then I guess that doesn't fit in with the "don't live in the past - let's move on". I think it's different for people who have been permanently banned since you took over of course.

Anyway that's fine, i'm not that bothered, it's up to you and how you see fit
I have been here since 2002, I know every member in this site ;)
Again, even if I did something wrong in this site, I will ban myself lol

Tehol Bedict

Aug 6, 2021
Helvetia 🇨🇭
I have been here since 2002, I know every member in this site ;)
Again, even if I did something wrong in this site, I will ban myself lol
Great, not sure how exactly that's relevant to my point but congrats to you for a 20 year anniversary!

I've been around since 1997 and really enjoyed this site over the years from the ZAL and PGS days before it became ISN. I just want it to be a welcoming place where you can log on without someone insulting your mother or sharing personal details (and being protected because of decent relationship with admin or whatever). Who knows, maybe some members might want to come back - Fozol, Niloufar, bardia, kasra, whizz. bi-honar, brando, tajrish, esamani, motori, biAzar, ramtin, turbo, beekar, ali daei clone, eboo, alila, meyti, st_mark, sirabi, farsi zaban, kaz, ehsan, essy etc...

That's all - i've made my point, these are just my thoughts but you guys decide what you want to do in terms of community. Dametoon garm

Last edited: