It hurts to say thing but..

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
what do you like about it?
There is nothing to like about it unless your a Mexican . Its unfair to us , those Mexicans are getting a free ticket for breaking the law and illegally entering this country while thousands of Iranians who try to enter this country legally are treated like terrorists and are being denied every day

The_Referee

National Team Player
Mar 26, 2005
Jabolqa Opposite Jabolsa
There is nothing to like about it unless your a Mexican . Its unfair to us , those Mexicans are getting a free ticket for breaking the law and illegally entering this country while thousands of Iranians who try to enter this country legally are treated like terrorists and are being denied every day
Well, Mexicans are US neighbors and we are not. That is a big
big big difference.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Well, Mexicans are US neighbors and we are not. That is a big
big big difference.
Last time I checked it was against the law to enter the United States illegally. It doesnt matter if your Americas neighbor or not. But with that being said , why is it so much easier for a Canadian to come to the U.S. and not for a Mexican? They are both Americas neighbor right?

All I am saying is that its not right to reward millions of people for breaking the law . This will only encourage more people to the same.

ardy

Legionnaire
Nov 25, 2004
San Diego Armando Maradona, CA
They are a huge part of U.S. history man. California, New Mexico, and Arizona used to be their territory. In addition, there were no law restriction for them to enter U.S. just until about 40 years ago. U.S. has took advantage of them to the maximum limit. I've got sympathy for them on this issue.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
It makes me sick that there are Iranians as well as other immigrants who willingly participate in this immigrant bashing campaign. This is not about "illegal" immigration. This is about all immigration. It's just easier and more acceptable to attack those who are living in shadows in our society and are defenseless. You think the Lou Dobbs of this world care for you any more than they care for the illegal Mexicans? You are stupid. He has no sympathy for you. He hates you with every fiber of his being. Wake up and smell the coffee. If you don't stand up for yourself, no one will. It's illegals today and tomorrow it's you. You are a willing participant in relegating yourself to second class citizenship.

Behrang(ISP)

King of Posts
Oct 16, 2002
www.iransportspress.com
Personally I don't like it that much because it does not do enough for these immigrants. So many people cross the boarder in hopes of changing their lives. They work harder than others and live in cramped spaces so they can survive and at the same time send money home to their families. Take the world illegal out of immigration. When the Europeans were coming over to the USA on ships the "Mexicans" lived and owned the land that the American's then took away from them.

In my opinion they should have just as many rights as anyone else who lives in the United States and works. They are underpaid and taken advantage of on a daily basis. If you go to work you expect to be paid; a lot of times these guys get day jobs and they don't get paid... who are they going to turn to? NO ONE... because if they do they will be deported.

From young to old they come and they work. As long as you learn the language of the country you are living in and paying the taxes I have no problem where you are and how you got to where you are now living. You ban them from entering than say good by to 50% of anything you enjoy.

nadie es ilegal

Meehandoost

Bench Warmer
Sep 4, 2005
In the broad sense, Mexicans to Americans are as Afghans to Persians; that coupled with the provisions of NAFTA may give some validity to the perception that they are neighbours and have "special" status I suppose. However, I agree that the issue of immigration should be treated equally across the board.

Politicians, unfortunately have reactive approach to most problems as opposed to being pro-active. Therefore, they sometimes try to score some points with other countries and parties and so on, and in order to achieve political longevity, they often do the "popular" thing, as opposed to the "right" thing which will offer lasting solutions.

Immigration in general is a broader global issue and has to do with uneven distribution of wealth. This is why people from poor countries try to immigrate to wealthier countries in order to secure better financial fortunes for themselves and particularly for their children. Admittedly we have no choice in the place of our birth which is also tied with certain fortunes or misfortunes. Since there certainly is no justification for a superior race, nationality, religion, gender, or people, therefore it is "unjust" for anyone who is born into one of these misfortunate regions to be relegated to third world class citizenship and abolished to a lower form of life.

The solutions proposed so far have all been treating the symptoms of this unequal distribution of wealth as opposed to eradicating the root cause, otherwise inhabitants of this global village should be free to choose where they live and a make a contribution to human civilization.

Jun 18, 2005
They are going to grant citizenships to illegal immigrants and we as Iranians should be happy about that or even support it?

How many of you do have families who have to keep worrying about overstaying their Visa? How many of you do have relatives who are limited by where they can work because of their visa?

I have no sympathy for the illegal immigrants and nor do I approve of em being awarded citizenship when our families have to be frustrated by the legal and immigration policies of this country.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
It makes me sick that there are Iranians as well as other immigrants who willingly participate in this immigrant bashing campaign. This is not about "illegal" immigration. This is about all immigration. It's just easier and more acceptable to attack those who are living in shadows in our society and are defenseless. You think the Lou Dobbs of this world care for you any more than they care for the illegal Mexicans? You are stupid. He has no sympathy for you. He hates you with every fiber of his being. Wake up and smell the coffee. If you don't stand up for yourself, no one will. It's illegals today and tomorrow it's you. You are a willing participant in relegating yourself to second class citizenship.
Call me stupid but Lou Dobbs is much more credible than you on this issue . This is about illegal immigration and nothing else. This isn’t any different than having millions of Afghans illegally coming to Iran . How would you like it if the Iranian government tomorrow announced that all Afghans who entered Iran illegally can have the same rights as you and I? This might not be your mother country but issues like this are important so its unfair to reward people for committing a crime ( illegally entering this country ). And I think your paranoid, why would Lou Dubs come after me and you tomorrow? Did you jump the border? If you come to the U.S. legally than there is nothing to worry about .

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
You think they're gonna grant the orange picker from Mexico a working visa? It's funny how everyone here is pretending that Iranians have all been on the up and up about this immigration issue. I personally know of numerous instances where Iranians have lied to either get into this country, extend their visas or get a green card. Let's kick them all out. Bet that includes many of you or your parents.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
They are a huge part of U.S. history man. California, New Mexico, and Arizona used to be their territory. In addition, there were no law restriction for them to enter U.S. just until about 40 years ago. U.S. has took advantage of them to the maximum limit. I've got sympathy for them on this issue.
Just because Mexico use to be part of California , Texas doesn’t mean they have the right to jump a internationally recognized border and come here . If we go by your logic than people should be jumping borders all over the world . Plus this isn’t just about Mexicans , thousands of people from El Salvador and other Latin countries are going to qualify for this .

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Call me stupid but Lou Dobbs is much more credible than you on this issue . This is about illegal immigration and nothing else. This isn’t any different than having millions of Afghans illegally coming to Iran . How would you like it if the Iranian government tomorrow announced that all Afghans who entered Iran illegally can have the same rights as you and I? This might not be your mother country but issues like this are important so its unfair to reward people for committing a crime ( illegally entering this country ). And I think your paranoid, why would Lou Dubs come after me and you tomorrow? Did you jump the border? If you come to the U.S. legally than there is nothing to worry about .
No, I'm not paranoid. It's Lou Dobbs and his fan club who are paranoid. These are the people who blame every freaking problem in this country on illegals. As far as I'm concerned those afghans should get citizenship. At least those were born in our borders. The Afghan treatment in Iran is a human tragedy. Their kids don't even get an education. How are they at fault for their parents fleeing their war torn country?

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
You think they're gonna grant the orange picker from Mexico a working visa? It's funny how everyone here is pretending that Iranians have all been on the up and up about this immigration issue. I personally know of numerous instances where Iranians have lied to either get into this country, extend their visas or get a green card. Let's kick them all out. Bet that includes many of you or your parents.
What does being Iranian have to do with this issue? Since I am Iranian should automatically support people entering this country illegally? I have the same rights as Lou dobbs and millions of other Americans . If a Iranian did enter this country illegally than they should be kicked out , its simple as that .

I bet if you didn’t have Iranian friends who lied to get into this country and are at risk you wouldn’t be saying the stuff your saying right now .

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
No, I'm not paranoid. It's Lou Dobbs and his fan club who are paranoid. These are the people who blame every freaking problem in this country on illegals. As far as I'm concerned those afghans should get citizenship. At least those were born in our borders. The Afghan treatment in Iran is a human tragedy. Their kids don't even get an education. How are they at fault for their parents fleeing their war torn country?
I disagree with Lou Dobbs on many issues but on illegal immigration he is right but according to you I am stupid for thinking that , right?
Your out of touch with reality . Any sane person wouldn’t give 1.5 million Afghan refugees citizenship when his own country is going down the shithole. And you shouldn’t be complaining about the Afghan treatment in Iran when Iranians are treated like second class citizens in their own country . First lets try to fix our own problems and then lets think about helping our neighbors .

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
I disagree with Lou Dobbs on many issues but on illegal immigration he is right but according to you I am stupid for thinking that , right?
Your out of touch with reality . Any sane person wouldn’t give 1.5 million Afghan refugees citizenship when his own country is going down the shithole. And you shouldn’t be complaining about the Afghan treatment in Iran when Iranians are treated like second class citizens in their own country . First lets try to fix our own problems and then lets think about helping our neighbors .
So Chad is a super rich country since their are providing Darfur refugees with shelters? No they're doing it because it's standard practice. Iran is most likely a signatory to the generic UN treaty on human rights pertaining to the status of refugees and should therefore allow these people entry. None of the afghans has broken law. Study the literature before you make such statements.

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
So Chad is a super rich country since their are providing Darfur refugees with shelters? No they're doing it because it's standard practice. Iran is most likely a signatory to the generic UN treaty on human rights pertaining to the status of refugees and should therefore allow these people entry. None of the afghans has broken law. Study the literature before you make such statements.
Your comparison is pathetic . Chad and Sudan are not that far apart as far as living standards go but Iran and Afghanistan are years apart. And the situation in Darfur is just incomparable to the situation in Afghanistan. After the overthrow of the Taliban things have been improving in Afghanistan , there is no real threat like there was when the Taliban were in power. How do you expect them to rebuild their country when they are living in Iran? They have to go back gradually and rebuild their country , letting them stay in Iran will just lead to more problems down the road. And I am not sure a UN law can be categorized as literature.