Italy v. New Zealand (R)

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Montolivo hits the post with a long distance shot

NZ with a clear line of 3 in front of the goal, a line of 4 a very short distance in front of them, and 3 'attackers' defending halfway in their half..looks like a sort of 7-3-0 formation :D

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Smith was pulling his shirt so it was a foul, but De Rossi did fall too eagerly. Still, that's De Rossi's experience doing the work ;)
Iaquinta scores the penalty, 1-1

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Whether it was a penalty or not, the goal was gonna come at some point. U can't play with a 7-3-0 for 90 minutes and not concede, unless you're very very very very lucky ;)

Oct 18, 2002
Sydney, Australia
Whether it was a penalty or not, the goal was gonna come at some point. U can't play with a 7-3-0 for 90 minutes and not concede, unless you're very very very very lucky ;)

I know mate NZ is not going to win in a million years, but you'd expect the "world champions" to at least not rely on their diving skills against a football minnow!

Feb 17, 2009
Only cause De Rossi went down like a cheap hooker! If he'd stayed on his feet like a man maybe the free kick would've gone the other way like the USA-Slovenia game!
De Rossi is a professional footballer who used his professionalism in the right place and time, the NZ defender shouldnt have done that. professionalism prevails over amateurism

Feb 17, 2009
You're right, but if we stopped glorifying CHEATING by referring to it as "professionalism" then maybe we could stop it from happening!
Sporthead jan, this is no cheating, the NZ defender clearly hold De Rossis shirt and he used the oppurtinity and fell down, this is mistake from the part of the NZ defender.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
give me a draw. if new zealand wins, i will have a blue swan event in my bookmaking funds at work. but obviously, I don't want this italy with cuntavaro as captain going through.