It's official: Pep Guardiola to take over at Byern

kasra1930

National Team Player
Dec 30, 2011
Great,but now,is,his turn to show us,how he is a great coach.to be honest,still,I think,if mou is not better than pep,he is not worse than him too...because of his great achievement in porto,chelsea,and ......pepe is great coach too,but we should see how he does in Bayern.....if he can revoloutionize Bayern,then,he will be my first choice.

OSTAD POOYA

National Team Player
Jan 26, 2004
Pep is a great coach but he has only coached at Barca. We have to wait and see how he will perform at Bayern and this may take a few years but I wish him the best. I am very glad he went somewhere that the passion is there and has that deep culture and discipline to apply something worthy. He did not go to the Arab money or some Mafia boss to be bossed around. He is somewhere that he can truly build something amazing. He is someone that fine tuned Barcelona and their play to perfection and all his trophies and records speak for it self. Plus he gave something that was beautiful more beauty and made them the team to stand for ages. In terms of JM he has proven himself for many years going back to the early 2000's by winning CL and UEFA with Porto and then his later spells with Chelsea, Inter, and Real. Those results speaks volumes and I think in terms of success from going to club and making them good and winners there is no question with his abilities and talents to win.

Nov 24, 2002
i beleive there is too much hype around him , to me , it was more about barca as team than him as coach , maybe i am wrong , lets see what he does in bayern( which has also pretty strong squad and one of best bayern team in last 10 years or so !)

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Bayern has too many egos in suits sitting behind desks. I don't know if Guardiola (or whoever else) can really make that big of an impact. The problem is, Bayern is not exactly in a catastrophic state (relegation or big losing streaks) for the status quo to change.

Bayern reminds me of Toronto Maple Leafs. They will make money and attract crowds no matter how pathetic they are (similar to Real Madrid). This really works against a coach who is trying to take his team's motivation to the next level, and that's exactly what Guardiola is good at.

Guardiola's Barcelona very much depended on over-the-top brilliance of its players (when they failed to be brilliant, the team looked pathetic). I don't know if Bayern has enough brilliant and consistent players for Pep's presence to be felt.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
i beleive there is too much hype around him , to me , it was more about barca as team than him as coach , maybe i am wrong , lets see what he does in bayern( which has also pretty strong squad and one of best bayern team in last 10 years or so !)
Sure, it were the players that had finished 18 points behind an average Madrid team and didn't produce a single shot on target against ManU in 2 games, and not the coach who transformed players and club to a level that his work is still paying dividends as it's just carried on.

I get it...Mourinho and Magath are the only 2 real coaches on earth and everyone else is just hype.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Bayern has too many egos in suits sitting behind desks. I don't know if Guardiola (or whoever else) can really make that big of an impact. The problem is, Bayern is not exactly in a catastrophic state (relegation or big losing streaks) for the status quo to change.
And Barcelona has/had what exactly?

Bayern reminds me of Toronto Maple Leafs. They will make money and attract crowds no matter how pathetic they are (similar to Real Madrid). This really works against a coach who is trying to take his team's motivation to the next level, and that's exactly what Guardiola is good at.
They have made it to the CL finals twice in the last 3 years, though admittedly, they were kind of pathetic in both and I still don't know how they made it there. From their first XI they have with Lahm, Alaba, Badstuber, Schweinsteiger, Luiz Gustavo and Müller 6 players that grew up in their own youth, which is not Barca numbers yet still impressive. And if you think that Pep is only good at motivating players, sorry, you missed out like 4 years of Barca.

Guardiola's Barcelona very much depended on over-the-top brilliance of its players (when they failed to be brilliant, the team looked pathetic). I don't know if Bayern has enough brilliant and consistent players for Pep's presence to be felt.
Well, when did Barca fail to be brilliant though? Or better said, which game did Barca look pathetic? Their worst defeats in 2 years were 3-1 defeats and that happened a handful of times. Seriously, thank God you all had TV and could watch the last 4 years..

Anyway, it doesn't matter. I'm so rooting for Bayern next season and I will come back and laugh at all of you when Bayern win Champions League.

Nov 24, 2002
Sure, it were the players that had finished 18 points behind an average Madrid team and didn't produce a single shot on target against ManU in 2 games, and not the coach who transformed players and club to a level that his work is still paying dividends as it's just carried on.

I get it...Mourinho and Magath are the only 2 real coaches on earth and everyone else is just hype.
LOLLL!
I Knew mahdi would attack me :)
azize del , lets see what he does outside barca ! how you can be sure he will do great ? look at barca succes it continues even since he left , you can argue they play same style but each coach has his own way of coaching even they can be similar
and about murinho and maghat . well murinho proved himself with different club and i never rate maghat top top coach but he did decent job in Germany

Nov 24, 2002

never put bayern and toronto maple LAUGH in same sentence ! Never!

Nov 24, 2002
Great, i think all football fans have been waiting for this. IF Pep can repeat even 50% of the things he did with Barca, I think no one can deny the fact he is the greatest coach this game has ever witnessed.

someone getting way too emotional ;)

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
LOLLL!
I Knew mahdi would attack me :)
azize del , lets see what he does outside barca ! how you can be sure he will do great ?
what do you mean "what he does outside Barca"? Sure, he knew the club, but he brought a new element to the team on many levels. Tactically, the pressing, the way the team defended, the way they attacked all changed. He brought the 4+1 defending used in Serie A, he changed the players diet, he made them play faster in the final third.

But let's switch it around, HOW ARE YOU SURE THAT HE WON'T DO GREAT?

look at barca succes it continues even since he left ,

which might just be the greatest argument in a whole line of great arguments :) So a great coach is the one who whenever he leaves the team breaks apart, one who didn't prepare for the future, and oh btw. one who doesn't have his assistant run things the way he ran it more or less? I guess Arrigo Sacchi was also a rubbish coach, because well, Capello came in and Milan still had success. Once you understand that Pep laid the framework and foundation for what the team is now, you have made a step forward

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
Look, he won the title 3 years in a row, might have won it a 4th time with a more healthy squad and a bit worse Madrid....if he was a one-trick-whatever pony, he wouldn't have done it. Mourinho failed to win it twice in a row with Madrid since he lost touch with his team, he did it three times, built the greatest team of all...just saying, maybe you guys have no fucking clue what you're talking about? how about that? no disrespect though..

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
Man...how could he go to this fucked up club. Thats a weird situation, i like Pep but i whole heartedly despise the Bayern. Sorry my sympathies for Pep are not strong enough to all of a sudden wish his Bayern all the best. Sorry Pep, i like you but you dont know where you are going to. Conservative Bavarians with bunch of old fucks like that Hoeness who is suffering from Intermittent explosive disorder and you will have a hard time changing that traditional boring brand of football thats been a Bayern trademark for decades.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
just saying, maybe you guys have no fucking clue what you're talking about? how about that? no disrespect though..
but how can you even compare the mutual understanding between Pep and Barcelona with Pep and BM? Do you honestly feel that confident about Pep's success at Hollywood FC?

I like Pep and I also used to like BM to a point, but something tells me they don't really go together.

Put Pep in charge of clubs like Juventus, Man U, even Dortmund and he will surely succeed, but Bayern...I don't know. There's something shitty about Munich. They just don't look brilliant even when they are brilliant.

You think he will change that? I hope so.