jabbari is suspended

Agha Shojaa

Elite Member
Nov 8, 2002
Canada
What ever had happened behind the scenes between Jabbari and GN, must have stayed behind the scenes. What Jabbari did was wrong and he should be punished for it. He could go to PP tomorrow for all I care. Just because you are Jabbari, it does not mean you can behave like that especially at international stage. GN is no polite super classy guy by any means either, but he is in charge and he has every right to teach a lesson or two to who ever that violates the basic rules.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2005
yeah ! as if Ghalenoie akhare akhlaagh va dicipline boode va hast ,haala mikhad yaade jabbari bede ..........
Actually, as a coach, GN is a stickler and an authoritarian.

What were Esteghlal supposed to do? Not punish him? Does Roy Keane then not punish his players? Should Jose Mourinho not yield power over his? Because as far as akhlaagh goes, they are sefr.

This is bordering on the ridiculous now. I wonder why so many backed a certain Emperator for banning players who were undermining him. Hypocritical to say the least.

What ever happens behind the scenes between Jabbari and GN, must have stayed behind the scenes. What Jabbari did was wrong and he should be punished for it. He could go to PP tomorrow for all I care. Just because you are Jabbari, it does not mean you can behave like that especially at international stage. GN is no polite super classy guy by any means either, but he is in charge and he has every right to teach a lesson or two to who ever that violates the basic rules.
Amen.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Actually, as a coach, GN is a stickler and an authoritarian.

What were Esteghlal supposed to do? Not punish him? Does Roy Keane then not punish his players? Should Jose Mourinho not yield power over his? Because as far as akhlaagh goes, they are sefr.

This is bordering on the ridiculous now. I wonder why so many backed a certain Emperator for banning players who were undermining him. Hypocritical to say the least.

Amen.
Thanks for the hypocrite comment mate ,perhaps I deserve it .

Especially for backing this character when he became team melli coach despite my belief .

I think bringing in Roy keane and Jose and comparing them to a character like Ghalenoie is ridiculous ...

jabbari was out of order but he could have been disciplined with a fine or something in that line since we are in the middle of Asian cup games but obviously not for Mr. Ghalenoie who himself had and has impeccable manners and conduct and never been a sour loser himself .

I wonder what you would have said if Hejazi was the coach last week and lost like that against saudis with 5 minutes to go ...

I wonder what you have said if he had kept Borhani on the bench for 70 minutes and then made those changes ....

Yes mate hypocritical to say the least ...

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Well, I retract my last post...this is the dumbest thing I've heard in a while.

So GN purposely wants to omit Jabbari so that he can have an excuse to lose? LOL

When is he supposed to be banned? A year later in pre-season so it has no effect on the team?

Since you've played football on playstation only, I'll just advise: what Jabbari did is quite disgraceful. He disrespected his fellow teammate, his team and his coach. No player is above reproach for that kind of behaviour. Not Messi, not Gerrard, not Fabregas...nobody.

And people are still surprised at the state of Iranian football. When idol-worship and concentration of the self go above team-work and appreciation of others, there is no mystery why we are where we are. And some of our fans are just a reflection of that.

Really disappointed at that bullshit reply - pardon my french.
I dont care if u think if its a dumb reply or not.. but when ur team is very dependent on a quality player that makes a difference in big games for u and his absence too influences ur game(as it clearly did vs Al Ittihad),ES officials should have tried their best to PREVENT getting to a point that he'd be banned for ES' crucial ACL games.
Im not justifying Jabbari's disrespect, it surely deserves punishment but be it fine or talk it out or ban him in IPL games but not in time for ACL games.

and that "since u've played playstation football only" was the dumbest thing I heard from u. u know it that Ive played football both in and outside Iran, so dont bring up that bs lies vaghti kam miari..

Aug 26, 2005
Thanks for the hypocrite comment mate ,perhaps I deserve it .
It wasn't directed at you.

Especially for backing this character when he became team melli coach despite my belief .

I think bringing in Roy keane and Jose and comparing them to a character like Ghalenoie is ridiculous ...
No, it's not. You said because GN doesn't have a good "akhlaagh" that he somehow shouldn't punish Jabbari for disrespecting his team. If that was the case, I gave you two examples of people with worse "akhlaagh"; people who have been banned/fined for purposely trying to brake another player's legs or insulting other people through the media. And yet this would never be an issue if one of their players did such a thing.

jabbari was out of order but he could have been disciplined with a fine or something in that line since we are in the middle of Asian cup games but obviously not for Mr. Ghalenoie who himself had and has impeccable manners and conduct and never been a sour loser himself .
It's standard prodecure. You get a ban on the sidelines for things of this nature.

It wasn't just GN that decided it; but it's irrelevant if you think he has to have impeccable manners. He is not obliged to be a bastion of behaviour. He doesn't have to follow anyone else, everyone else has to follow him.

I wonder what you would have said if Hejazi was the coach last week and lost like that against saudis with 5 minutes to go ...
I would have probably blamed it on him, because it wouldn't have been a one-off.

I wonder what you have said if he had kept Borhani on the bench for 70 minutes and then made those changes ....

Yes mate hypocritical to say the least ...
Hejazi played Borhani and couldn't get the best out of him. It's time you got over Hejazi. He failed, it's done; it's finished.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
I don't know who those people are....I wouldn't for once say such a thing. To me it's always a matter of talking things out, specially if the player is the central piece of your team.

A major problem in Iranian football is that people can't talk things out...

Anyway, GN really blew this one....
Thats right. If this is a player who has created many side issues (say Nikbakht), you can ban him but if this is a classy player, you sit down and sort things out.

What Jabbari did was not ok but Jabbari is a class act. He has always been a stand up guy for the clubb and fans.
This is the same guy who won the cup final the same day his father died. same guy who had better finicial offers from Saba & Pers but decided to stay. Esteghlal ows him alot of money as well.
I think that this situation could have been handled a bit better but it seems that there are other issues as well.

But I guess the same GN fans who called Karimi a hero for doing something similar during World Cup cannot stand Jabbari for going up against the "General".

Aug 26, 2005
I dont care if u think if its a dumb reply or not.. but when ur team is very dependent on a quality player that makes a difference in big games for u and his absence too influences ur game(as it clearly did vs Al Ittihad),ES officials should have tried their best to PREVENT getting to a point that he'd be banned for ES' crucial ACL games.
Im not justifying Jabbari's disrespect, it surely deserves punishment but be it fine or talk it out or ban him in IPL games not in time for ACL games.
The whole point of punishing a player is to show him the error of his ways and that he is NOT above the team. When you purposely fix his ban so he CAN play that shows he IS above the team because they NEED him. Essentially, it defeats the original purpose.

and that "since u've played playstation football only" was the dumbest thing I heard from u. u know it that Ive played football both in and outside Iran, so dont bring up that bs lies vaghti kam miari..
Playing in the backyard with your cats doesn't count. LOL

Aug 26, 2005
Thats right. If this is a player who has created many side issues (say Nikbakht), you can ban him but if this is a classy player, you sit down and sort things out.

What Jabbari did was not ok but Jabbari is a class act. He has always been a stand up guy for the clubb and fans.
This is the same guy who won the cup final the same day his father died. same guy who had better finicial offers from Saba & Pers but decided to stay. Esteghlal ows him alot of money as well.
I think that this situation could have been handled a bit better but it seems that there are other issues as well.
Who says Jabbari is a classy player? He has turned his back on the club more than once.

But I guess the same GN fans who called Karimi a hero for doing something similar during World Cup cannot stand Jabbari for going up against the "General".
Sure...because this is the same exact thing. :rolleyes:

But the irony is that I called for him to not play. You were the one saying he should play. So that means you wanted an "unclassy" player to play here too ;).

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
The whole point of punishing a player is to show him the error of his ways and that he is NOT above the team. When you purposely fix his ban so he CAN play that shows he IS above the team because they NEED him. Essentially, it defeats the original purpose.
and banning him was the ONLY solution out there? did they try other solutions and it didnt work? Does Jabbari act like this all the time? NO.

Playing in the backyard with your cats doesn't count. LOL
bamazeh!! when I was playing in our Uni team, where were u kuchulu?!

Aug 26, 2005
and banning him was the ONLY solution out there? did they try other solutions and it didnt work? Does Jabbari act like this all the time? NO.
The usual solution is to suspend him for the following game. This is not unusual. Yet you came in with your tripe about how our coach purposely did this to have an excuse to lose. We have played much of the season without him and can do so again. Putting him in his place is more important than inflating his ego.

bamazeh!! when I was playing in our Uni team, where were u kuchulu?!
When I was playing for school and state teams, you didn't know Mahdavikia's unibrow existed.

Last edited:

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
It wasn't directed at you.

Oh no ? thanks for clarification !:eek:

No, it's not. You said because GN doesn't have a good "akhlaagh" that he somehow shouldn't punish Jabbari for disrespecting his team. If that was the case, I gave you two examples of people with worse "akhlaagh"; people who have been banned/fined for purposely trying to brake another player's legs or insulting other people through the media. And yet this would never be an issue if one of their players did such a thing.

Oh yes it is ! comparing a pro football to our circus with lowlives like ...:eek:

It's standard prodecure. You get a ban on the sidelines for things of this nature.

It wasn't just GN that decided it; but it's irrelevant if you think he has to have impeccable manners. He is not obliged to be a bastion of behaviour. He doesn't have to follow anyone else, everyone else has to follow him.

Since when Iran football and politics is standard ?:eek:

I would have probably blamed it on him, because it wouldn't have been a one-off.

yes I know you would have ,but not Ghalenoie ... since his was a one off ,right ?! :eek:

Hejazi played Borhani and couldn't get the best out of him. It's time you got over Hejazi. He failed, it's done; it's finished.

yeah ! maybe is time for you to take those glasses off and see Ghalenoie as a dismal failure ,someone out of his depth on international stage ...:RIP:

Last edited:

westwienmaskulin

News Team, ISP Managers Team, ISP Podcast Team
Oct 18, 2002
Av. Aristide Maillol, BCN

excellent post..very well said.

St_Mark

IPL Player
Oct 30, 2004
USA

You justify bad behavior and a misconduct. What Jabari did was wrong, there is no If.Or But ....

Aug 26, 2005
yeah ! maybe is time for you to take those glasses off and see Ghalenoie as a dismal failure ,someone out of his depth on international stage ...
So because he is a dismal failure, he shouldn't punish a disgraceful act by one of his players? And the reason he does this is so he can blame it on that player when he loses? These were your words. I thought they were Niloufar's, and I'm used to her rants...but from you this is unexpected.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
So because he is a dismal failure, he shouldn't punish a disgraceful act by one of his players? And the reason he does this is so he can blame it on that player when he loses? These were your words. I thought they were Niloufar's, and I'm used to her rants...but from you this is unexpected.
Because he is a disgrace himself :sad3:

yes they were my words and I stand by them ... even if you call them dumb or call me a hypocrite ... thanks I take it on the chin :crutch:

that was a poke at him for blaming everything for a loss apart from himself ... from the ref ,to the pitch and so ...

like he is never wrong with his player selection and tactics and substitution ,and you never admit to his mistakes , but lets crucify jabbari ... easy way out !

Aug 26, 2005
Because he is a disgrace himself :sad3:

yes they were my words and I stand by them ... even if you call them dumb or call me a hypocrite ... thanks I take it on the chin :crutch:

that was a poke at him for blaming everything for a loss apart from himself ... from the ref ,to the pitch and so ...

like he is never wrong with his player selection and tactics and substitution ,and you never admit to his mistakes , but lets crucify jabbari ... easy way out !
Shahriar jan, you're bringing irrelevant matters into the fold. Ok, he is a failure. Ok, he is rude. So what? Jabbari should be punished and him being punished has nothing to do with GN wanting an excuse for a loss, that he won't want anyway.

Sorry, but this is bias spilling over into libel. You're above that.

xoraster

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Who says Jabbari is a classy player? He has turned his back on the club more than once.

Sure...because this is the same exact thing. :rolleyes:

But the irony is that I called for him to not play. You were the one saying he should play. So that means you wanted an "unclassy" player to play here too ;).
There is no surprises here. GN is NEVER wrong. Just as Oghab said, if anyother coach would have made the same mistakes in the Ittihad game and hand away the game like GN did, you would cut his throat here.

Compared to other players, Jabbari is a class act, the same cannot be said about GN. He never turned his back on the club but since Esteghlal has owned him alot of money, he has at times been upset.

Anyway, I hope that they through him out. I hope that he bags his bags and plays in Europe next season.