Jahanbakhsh

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
What do you think of Jahanbakhsh starting against Bosnia? He is young and might be lacking in experience, but I have been impressed by his ball control and speed in the few minutes that he has played in both games, especially, the Nigeria game.

I must admit that Shojaei, who I have been traditionally critical of, did not let us down in the Argentina game. However, I am afraid that he does not have the speed or gumption to serve as an aggressive playmaker or right winger of the type that we will need to win the Bosnia game.

Starting Jahanbakhsh might be putting too much responsibility on his young shoulders, but then the Bosnia game will be the time for CQ to take risks and do something different to make our attacking plays more credible and potent. What is clear is that Jahanbakhsh is energetic and ambitious, exactly the kind of traits that we need from our offensive players against Bosnia. I am dreaming and hoping that fully unleashing Jahanbakhsh against Bosnia might bring us a fairy tale ending, like when in the 1997 WCQ against China in Beijing, MK's unleashing of the young and hungry Mahdavikia resulted in two spectacular goals.

Last edited:
May 12, 2007
When Iran uses Shojaei & Jahanbakhsh we are better in Offense but when we use Hajsafi and Heidari we play better defensivly. Shojaei made some fouls close to our penalty area which was dangerouse. I am sure Iran will start Shojaei and Jahanbakhsh against Bosnia.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
When Iran uses Shojaei & Jahanbakhsh we are better in Offense but when we use Hajsafi and Heidari we play better defensivly. Shojaei made some fouls close to our penalty area which was dangerouse. I am sure Iran will start Shojaei and Jahanbakhsh against Bosnia.
I doubt we would have them both in , Hajsafi is doing well and does his duty very well , jahanbakhsh looks composed and in my view he can start ahead of Shojaee , later on Shojaee could replace him or Dejagah if need be .

May 12, 2007
I doubt we would have them both in , Hajsafi is doing well and does his duty very well , jahanbakhsh looks composed and in my view he can start ahead of Shojaee , later on Shojaee could replace him or Dejagah if need be .
Oghab Jan I thought CQ's substitutions were too risky. Messi scored when Hajsafi was out. JB created a greate opportunity but Gucci missed
it. We started with shojaei because Arg was not so strong in the right side. About Bosnia we need two goals. I think he has no options than
taking risk. Because Hajsafi or Heidari can not contribute any thing to our man in offense. That is our problem. JB and shojaei are out our defense sucks. They are out offense suck. I think we may even start Ansarifard since Gucci is not scoring. We need to win.

Oct 18, 2002
Antelope Valley,California
I just watched the game again. Messi scored because Haj safi went out and JB came in.
JB did not replace Haj Safi. Haghighi did.
JB came in for ashcan.

It is true though according to Haj Safi's heat map ,the area that messi scored from was Haj Safi's area of active presence. If haghighi failed by not being present at the spot or if he had different instructions by the coach when he came in, is a different story..

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Hajsafi impresses me alot! Only 24 years old and already third captain of TM after Nekounam and Hosseini! He really deserves to play in Europe. Too bad he didn't already when he was a 20 year old talent.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Speaking about Europe, if Sadeghi, Montazeri & Hosseini were not 30+ all 3 of them would have had several European suitors after this World Cup without a doubt..

I remember reading somewhere, can't remember who, but someone said if these 3 were African or South American they would all be chased by huge clubs by now with their impressive performances..

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
had that one on one chance Gucci had happened a bit earlier in the game he would most likely leave those defenders for dead and score ,he was just too tired to go full steam in ...
can't get over this game , we should have walked out with at least a point .

May 12, 2007
JB did not replace Haj Safi. Haghighi did.
JB came in for ashcan.

It is true though according to Haj Safi's heat map ,the area that messi scored from was Haj Safi's area of active presence. If haghighi failed by not being present at the spot or if he had different instructions by the coach when he came in, is a different story..
True But do you see why Ashkan go out and Haghighi should start? Ashkan was doing fine IMO. With all due respect to CQ
His substitutions messed the team.
A better idea was that Ashkan starts in right wing instead of shojaei/heidari. Simply 4-4-2 with JB and Gucci forward. Then
we can try Ansarifard if Gucci misses opportunity.

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
he will likely come in the second half.

I think Iran will be playing a semi defensive game in first half. and in the second half we will try to push all up.

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Hajsafi impresses me alot! Only 24 years old and already third captain of TM after Nekounam and Hosseini! He really deserves to play in Europe. Too bad he didn't already when he was a 20 year old talent.
Me too man I didn't know much about him before this WC but he is going to be our next big star it shows that the coaches respect him if he is the 3rd captain at the age of 24. As for JB so far he didn't do much to impress me he didn't do anything which stood out but I"ll say his grade is an incomplete. I will give a final grade after the Bosnia game he is still young and picking up experience. I'm glad we are giving our young guns some experience because they are our future.

Nov 24, 2002
Shojae after while had a good game yestarday and hajsafi was pk too ! As i said before i really doubt we play an open game we will play same style and may bring jahanbakhsh or even ansarifard in last 15-20 minutes if score is still a draw

Feb 22, 2005
Still hurting too but everyone I know is too. A hard one to take.

Did you guys think substitution of Dejagah was a good one? Thought he always ran out and helped defense with Messi. Did not know it was Haj Safi that made the difference there. I felt uneasy about the substitutions too as Iran seemed to be doing well.

I thought the Iranian attacks started from shojaie as he did some great dripping and passing and suddenly team was going on attack and had several opportunities.

Last edited: