Japan vs. Greece I wonder if you feel the same

LDPC

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2003
I am not a good analyser of the game but watching Japan vs. Greece yesterday I felt the whole game was very low quality. Bad passes, bad finishing and ... I was wondering Iran could have beeten this Greece as well. Whole the time I was thinking well our players can make crosses better than what greeks were doing (if any). Aslo given such a space in mid-field, our mid field would have played better than Japan. Do you guys think the same? or I am being too nationalistic

Babak G

News Team, ISP Managers Team
Feb 13, 2003
Parts Unknown
No we wouldnt have beaten them.

Not cause they are better, but that we havent had major international experience against top opposition outside Asia, whilst Japan and South Korea have been doing it for 6 years at least so they are used to it and are not overrawed. We will find it difficult against continental teams, and thats why its imperative we play many many friendlies in the coming months, and even if we lose them all, it doesnt matter. It will benefit us in the long run.

Oct 19, 2002
I have seen a lot of Japan games lately and this one for sure was one of their better ones during the last few years! It was a good game with good quality but Japan always lack quality in finishing, but that doesn't bring down their overall performance which was awesome! They totally controlled the game, ball posession, and created tons of good chances...

Greece though is out of shape compared to the Euro 04...

Bong

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
I actually think Iran can play high quality opposition better than Japan and South Korea.

Naveed M said:
I have seen a lot of Japan games lately and this one for sure was one of their better ones during the last few years! It was a good game with good quality but Japan always lack quality in finishing, but that doesn't bring down their overall performance which was awesome! They totally controlled the game, ball posession, and created tons of good chances...

Greece though is out of shape compared to the Euro 04...
Agreed....

Rehhagel praised the Japanese side, They had every thing but the last touch in the Penalty box. Tamada and nakamura (man of the match) handled a lot, as Nakata provided a good backbone in the Center. Over all this was one of the best japanese game since quite a while ....

peyz

Bench Warmer
Oct 11, 2004
I think we could beat the greek.

BUT in reality, we wouldnt "DARE" !!
why?
coz we'd play defensive and a very cautious game ( since they are europeans !!! dont ask me. ask branko and his ultra cautious mentality ), and the game would be even MORE boring !!
one team incapable of producing.
the other , capable, but paralyzed by the fear ( injected by its coach's conservative mentality ) !!