Javad Nekounam is back to Osasuna?

Nov 24, 2002
to help the club to promote them to La Liga . Apparently he decided to join them for way less money than what some Iranians and Arab teams offered him.This can be a good news a head of Asian Cup . we all know this is Javad's last major tournament and seeing him in better league will help both him and TM

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2002
Look like Javad agreed with something like 250.000 /yr . he could easy make 3 times more even in IPL . Good gesture

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
I wish he did this before the World Cup . He went to Kuwait before the World Cup because of more $ and now after the World Cup he want to go to Europe for less $.

Nov 24, 2002
I wish he did this before the World Cup . He went to Kuwait before the World Cup because of more $ and now after the World Cup he want to go to Europe for less $.
Osa was in La Liga back time so probably it wasn't much interest for him , also Osa is in financial crisis .I don't know how much minimum is for a la liga squad player but if they were offering him 250k in La Liga that was pretty low money for a squad and experience player like him , in second division is understandable ..

maziar95

Elite Member
Oct 20, 2002
Baltimore, MD
Osa was in La Liga back time so probably it wasn't much interest for him , also Osa is in financial crisis .I don't know how much minimum is for a la liga squad player but if they were offering him 250k in La Liga that was pretty low money for a squad and experience player like him , in second division is understandable ..
I don't know if it was true or not but I do remember reading an article last year about Osausna wanting Nekounam back but Javad not being interested because of contact amount. Either way , playing a in Kuwait right before the World Cup was not the smartest decision because we saw how much he sucked in the 3 WC games.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
He sucks anyways now so who cares... I think he is going to go more downhill from here.

I hope he at least retires from tm and gives young players a chance..

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
His biggest mistake was leaving La liga..He could have signed with another team with less money.. But he had to go with Arab money and return to IPL. Now he returns to his former team who are playing in second division in Spain. His quality will drop further from here.. Its a terrible idea. If he wants to he should sign with a La liga team not play in the second division!

Masoud is playing great in his club but look at how much his quality has dropped in tm.. Because the competition in second division is not strong enough and Masoud can score and assist left and right with ease..

Last edited:
His biggest mistake was leaving La liga..He could have signed with another team with less money.. But he had to go with Arab money and return to IPL. Now he returns to his former team who are playing in second division in Spain. His quality will drop further from here.. Its a terrible idea. If he wants to he should sign with a La liga team not play in the second division!

Masoud is playing great in his club but look at how much his quality has dropped in tm.. Because the competition in second division is not strong enough and Masoud can score and assist left and right with ease..
No Offense at all but bro talk about a player signing with another club for less or more is like you are working as an agent and been transferring players for years and years. What serious offer Masoud really had before joining Las Palmas and now ? and if you really believe Segunda is a piece of cake that Masoud can score left and right then you probably follow the league closely ....

Last edited:

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
yes I have watched most of the games Masoud played in.. I don't know what serious offers Masoud had.. But staying in Segunda division is really hurting him!

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
Imo playing in IPL is better than playing in Segunda division.. There are not many quality players in Segunda division and it is not competitive like La liga..

Hooshmand

Elite Member
Oct 12, 2011
UK
Spanish second division is much better than IPL and that shitty Kuwaiti league

Nekounam is a legend in Pamplona

Good move imo

Khabalood

Elite Member
Sep 26, 2004
Toronto
This board is full of haters. This is good news for Javad. With any luck he gets back in his best shape and retires with more respect and recognition than he would have got playing in the middle east.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
This board is full of haters. This is good news for Javad. With any luck he gets back in his best shape and retires with more respect and recognition than he would have got playing in the middle east.
I don't hate any one I'm just a realist! And not living in a fantasy world where everywhere is yellow and green... But unfortunately many of you want to keep staying in this fantasy land forever.. Nekounam played bad in all three games in the WC, what that means is he is done and should retire now!... Age is catching up to him fast, he should go into coaching.

Nov 24, 2002
look like is not confirmed yet . so mods can probably change the name of title or put question mark at the end ..