Jewish community in Iran condemns riots

Feb 14, 2006
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3733474,00.html

Jewish community in Iran condemns riots
The Jewish community in Iran has denounced the riots that have taken place throughout the country in recent days. The community also expressed its "aversion to any sort of undignified behavior."

The announcement issued by community leaders went on to say that "given the supreme leader's call for unity, the Jews of Iran emphasize the need to maintain the calm." (Dudi Cohen)

Mehran(ISP)

<b>Administrator</b>
Oct 16, 2002
MD, USA
LOL If they support the movement it an automatic death sentence for them if it stops without results. So I can see why their saying what their saying.

May 12, 2007
And Ahamdai nejad won the election. Only 70,000,000 disagree.
They´just send a few cars with some bassijis ask what the comunity means.

Nov 29, 2002
Foreveriranian, your first post about these events is very disappointing

I thought you showed so much promise a couple of years back, I can't believe what happened to you...:confused::confused:

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Moris Motamed is the representative and speaker for Iranian jews so do not consider any other source speaking for them.
I have no doubt the isrealites love AN but Iranian jews are in the same boat as their other countrymen.

please becareful with news are being posted specially from Arab and Israeli media who favour AN because he is ruining Iran in an unprecedented rate.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
According to my family, our jewish neighbors in tehran are saying "Ya Hossein Mir Hossein" every night w/ other ppl!

sirabi

News Team
Sep 19, 2005
That's the point. I doubt he will but even if he does, he is just protecting a community that is a big target so he cannot be blamed even if he does say something because he is doing it to defend them not because he believes it.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
That's the point. I doubt he will but even if he does, he is just protecting a community that is a big target so he cannot be blamed even if he does say something because he is doing it to defend them not because he believes it.
No doubt all Iranian most of the time will not speak their mind specially when government is involved but almost Iranian jews look at themselves as Iranians and patriats. sadly it is most of the rest of us that look at them as jews first.
Anyway, they are as concerned about the country abd what AN has inflicted on he as the rest of us.