Jian Ghomeshi is no more

ChaharMahal

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
He said in his facebook post that he was fired because of his sexual life.
I guess that means the ex-girlfriend was about to have a public law suit.

I guess the morale of the story is don't have unconventional sex.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/cbc-cuts-ties-with-jian-ghomeshi/article21308822/

The CBC has ended its relationship with renowned broadcaster Jian Ghomeshi after receiving information that “precludes” the corporation from continuing to employ one of its biggest stars.
In an e-mail, CBC spokesman Chuck Thompson said “Information came to our attention recently, that in CBC's judgement, precludes us from continuing our relationship with Jian Ghomeshi.”

“The CBC is saddened to announce its relationship with Jian Ghomeshi has come to an end,” the corporation said in an earlier statement. “This decision was not made without serious deliberation and careful consideration. Jian has made an immense contribution to the CBC and we wish him well.”
In a statement posted to Facebook, Mr. Ghomeshi provided his version of events that led to his dismissal, claiming he was “fired” despite doing “nothing wrong” over fears that details of his sexual behaviour would be made public.
“I’ve been fired from the CBC because of the risk of my private sex life being made public as a result of a campaign of false allegations pursued by a jilted ex-girlfriend and a freelance writer,” he wrote.
Warning that it “may be shocking to some,” Mr. Ghomeshi’s statement details a sexual relationship with a woman that included “role play, dominance and submission” as well as “forms of BDSM.”
He goes on to say “the implication may be made that this happens non-consensually. And that will be a lie.”
The CBC has not provided an account of the information that led to its decision to dismiss its former host. The news comes just two days after the CBC announced that Mr. Ghomeshi, who hosted the cultural affairs show Q on CBC radio, was taking an indefinite leave to address personal issues.
Lawyers for Mr. Ghomeshi say he intends to sue the CBC for $50-million when courts open Monday morning.
The law firm Dentons Canada LLP is representing Mr. Ghomeshi. In a statement on Sunday, the firm said the lawsuit “will claim general and punitive damages for among other things, breach of confidence and bad faith in the amount of $50 million.” He also plans to file a grievance for reinstatement under the CBC’s collective agreement, according to his lawyers.
Mr. Ghomeshi has also hired the services of Navigator, a prominent company that describes itself as a “high-stakes public strategy and communications firm.”
His departure leaves a major hole that will not easily be filled. He was among the public broadcaster’s most recognizable figures, particularly among younger listeners, and Q has international reach through a deal that broadcasts the show to radio stations across the U.S.
Late on Friday afternoon, Mr. Thompson told the Canadian press that Mr. Ghomeshi was taking an “undetermined” amount of time away from the show to deal with “personal issues.” Shortly after that, Mr. Ghomeshi confirmed his leave on Twitter.
“Thanks for all the well wishes, you guys. I’m ok. Just taking some much needed personal time,” he wrote on the social networking site.
Last Thursday, Mr. Ghomeshi opened his show with a spoken essay about the shootings that had shaken Ottawa a day earlier, then interviewed ex-NHL player Clint Malarchuk about the goaltender’s new memoir detailing his struggles with mental illness. Mr. Ghomeshi was not on air Friday, and Piya Chattopadhyay filled in as host.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
He deserves it, fucking idiot is weird...
Fucking idiot?! LOL! If this guy is a fucking idiot, I guess the rest of the population are all baboons right? What makes him an idiot? His clear wisdom, professionalism or talent?

This was more like a political move. This country (Canada) has gone to shits. CBC is now a conservative-owned entity and people like Ghomeishi don't belong. I used to be a fan of Harper, but now I see how he has sold this country out. He's the Canadian version of Dick Cheney. Everyone he hires and everything he does ends up hurting Canada.

I don't think Ghomeishi's dismissal had anything to do with his bedroom habits.

Chinaski

Elite Member
Jun 14, 2005
What makes him an idiot? His clear wisdom, professionalism or talent?
Yes. Didnt know that? We are iranians mate. Killing wisdom and talent is in our blood. All the good people we had got killed, jailed, character assasinated, beheaded, exiled, betrayed and eliminated by iranians. The list is long...Mazdak, Mani, Babak, Maziar, Yaghoob Leis, shah, amir kabir, agha khan kermani, mossadegh, bakhtiar, ...and hundreds of others. If you are talented, naturally gifted, a free thinker...you will have to watch your back among iranians and i think our friend here has shown the same characteristics from day one.

Mar 13, 2007
He deserves it, fucking idiot is weird...
No you are a weirdo and everyone here knows it.

What sexual acts someone (who is not even married nor has kids or anything) does consentually with his/her partner in his private life is no one's business.

We have mayors and politicans and clerics who abuse kids, smoke crack and screw whores and they still keep doing what they do and you fire some signle guy for being into bondage with his GF!? lol

Feb 22, 2005
It is unfortunate. What he does is his business. Right wing, conservatives, republicans, tea partiers, religious fanatics, Islamists, and those close minded anuses who thinks they know what is good for themselves and everyone else want to put their nose into other people's lives and tell them how to live it. Unfortunately, majority of the Iranians fall into the above.

Hope he wins his case unless he forcefully did something to the girls and they come forward. Otherwise, any angry ex girl friend can destroy anyone to teach them a lesson for breaking up with them.

The Matrix

Bench Warmer
Jul 25, 2007
No this is just my personal opinion. I just think anyone who is into these lifestyles are weird and for all of you saying Im not a free thinker or whatever you have no idea what I have seen or done so stop talking out of your asses... But I do agree he is a professional and wise journalist and I dont understand why he had to tell everyone of his sex life when he knows fully well that people don't find these things normal and will judge him heavily.

Feb 22, 2005
Because what he did is his business. Yeah everyone talks about being so sexually modest, but we saw the effect of shades of Grey.

Fact is when you oppress anything for a specific reason, you create the opposite. That is what narrow mind people dont get it.

No this is just my personal opinion. I just think anyone who is into these lifestyles are weird and for all of you saying
Im not a free thinker or whatever you have no idea what I have seen or done so stop talking out of your asses... But I do agree he is a professional and wise journalist and I dont understand why he had to tell everyone of his sex life when he knows fully well that people don't find these things normal and will judge him heavily.

Oct 18, 2010
i have no idea who this guy is but i don't think people commenting here even
bothered to read the article in the first post,typically iranian i must say.
anyway,this is why he is being canned for now per the article:

The Toronto Star reported late Sunday that three women have made allegations of violent, non-consensual assaults by Mr. Ghomeshi, while noting that none had reported their claims to police. The Star further reported that a former employee of the CBC claimed to have been sexually harassed by Mr. Ghomeshi.