La Liga 2014-15 News , Transfers , Matches and updates !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luis Enrique Martínez named new Barça boss

FC Barcelona have confirmed that Luis Enrique Martínez (b. Gijón, 1970) has signed a contract to coach the club until June 2016.
Luis Enrique, who takes over from 'Tata' Martino in the Camp Nou dugout, played for Barcelona between 1996 and 2004, and coached their B-team between 2008 and 2011.
He then went on to coach Roma, and last season, Celta de Vigo.
Luis Enrique will be presented as the club's new first-team coach on Wednesday. He is set to sign his new contract at midday before being officially unveiled to the media.

Ter Stegen joins Barça

Barcelona have announced the signing of German goalkeeper André Ter Stegen from Borussia Mönchengladbach, as well as the return of Rafinha and Gerard Deulofeu from their respective loan spells at Celta and Everton.

In a lengthy statement, the club also revealed that Pinto will not be offered a new deal. These decisions were announced after the board meeting during which technical director Andoni Zubizarreta informed the board of new plans for the first team.
Ter Stegen's presentation will more than likely take place this week. The 22-year-old keeper has already touched down in Barcelona and will be the club's first signing of the Luis Enrique era.
21-year-old Rafinha Alcántara will also come back to Barcelona to work under the new manager. The attacking midfielder returns after a great season on loan at Celta.
Another player on his way back to the Camp Nou after a season-long loan is 20-year-old Gerard Deulofeu. The young winger spent last season on loan at Roberto Martínez's Everton.

Fenerbahçe in talks with Diego Ribas

Talks have been opened with Diego Ribas's representatives regarding signing for Fenerbahçe". This simple, to-the-point statement was posted on the Turkish club's website and social media accounts on Saturday.
The Brazilian, whom Diego Simeone specifically asked the Atlético board to sign, rejoined the 'Rojiblancos' in January on loan from Wolfsburg but hasn't had the same impact as during his first stint by the Manzanares. There is no guarantee he will stay in Madrid and his contract is up in June, meaning he is free to talk to other clubs, with Fenerbahçe seemingly heading the queue for his signature.

Ter Stegen is a good signing.

I've never seen his game but the report from the Camp Nou says Cesc Fabregas, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez, Dani Alves and Adriano could leave, however, while Victor Valdes, Jose Pinto, Carles Puyol, Alex Song, Ibrahim Afellay, Cristiano Tello, Jonathan dos Santos, Isaac Cuenca and Oier are all expected to move on...

So is a busy summer for Zubi and co ,,,, Having said that Enrique plays with a real 9 and this makes a new challenge with both Messi and Neymar in the team

Celta Vigo have confirmed that former defender Eduardo Berizzo will be their new Coach. Following Luis Enrique’s departure to take over at Barcelona, the Celestes have acted quickly in naming a successor. The 44-year-old, who spent four years at the Balaidos between 2001 and 2005, has been confirmed as the new tactician on a two-year deal. Berizzo has enjoyed a fruitful coaching career since his retirement from playing in 2006. The Argentine was assistant for the Chile national team for three years, before moving to Estudiantes in 2011. It’s been at Chilean side O’Higgins however, where he’s enjoying the most success – guiding them to their first ever Primera Division title in 2013-14.

The defender's contract was due to expire in 2015 but the 27-year-old has handed the Blaugrana a post-season boost by committing his future to the club

Barcelona centre-back Gerard Pique has reached an agreement over a contract renewal which will tie him to the Catalan club until 2019.

The Blaugrana announced via their official website that the 27-year-old will put pen to paper on the new deal in the coming days.
The news comes a day after Lionel Messi signed an improved deal with the Catalan giants - who also hired former midfielder Luis Enrique as their new coach on Monday.

Pique's previous contract had been due to expire at the end of next season but is now under contract for the next five years.

The 27-year-old has spent the vast majority of his career at Camp Nou, having initially spent time in the club's youth setup.

He was signed by Manchester United as a teenager but failed to establish himself in the first team and spent a year on loan at Zaragoza.

However, he returned to Barca in 2008 and has been a key figure in the club's success in the six seasons since then.

The Spain international has played 266 games for the club, winning four La Liga titles, the Copa del Rey twice and two Champions League trophies.

However, Barca only managed to win the Supercopa de Espana this campaign as the club failed to live up to their own high standards under Gerardo Martino - who departed upon the campaign's conclusion.

They were beaten by Real Madrid in the Copa del Rey final while they were eliminated from the Champions League by Atletico Madrid at the quarter-final stage.

Atleti also denied Barca back-to-back domestic titles by winning La Liga at Camp Nou on Saturday thanks to a 1-1 draw.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
I've never seen his game but the report from the Camp Nou says Cesc Fabregas, Pedro, Alexis Sanchez, Dani Alves and Adriano could leave, however, while Victor Valdes, Jose Pinto, Carles Puyol, Alex Song, Ibrahim Afellay, Cristiano Tello, Jonathan dos Santos, Isaac Cuenca and Oier are all expected to move on...
Let's see:

Puyol and Pinto, inevitable.

Cesc, never managed to take his game to the next level. I don't know who is to blame for this. He got too comfortable playing sporadically and not being a key figure. Ambition was not his thing. He should've put up a serious challenge for the aging Xavi, but he didn't. Maybe there were other forces at play.

Pedro, I don't know about this one. He's not a Messi, but he's the kind of player that gives Barca identity. Barca academy makes Pedros. Is it a good idea to let this guy go after all the work put into him? He sure was a cornerstone of Messi's success because he was willing to play under the shadows as Messi shined. Not many players are willing to be so sacrificing.

Alexis, the guy just never stopped looking like a headless chicken. Insanely talented, incredibly fast and still one of the best in the world, but totally lost and definitely not a key player. I wish they could make better use of him. There is no one like him.

Dani Alves, well he's still great, but getting old. He plays in a position that just can't be given to older players. Having said that, I don't know who they can replace him with. He's a very very key figure in Barca's game.

Adriano, not a good sub for Jordi Alba. Barca needs another Jordi Alba and a younger equivalent of Dani Alves. Adriano ain't one.

The other ones mentioned should really go as they're not good enough for Barca.

Btw, Pique has been sucking for 3 years now. As much as I like him, I wish he hadn't stayed.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
Let's see:

Cesc, never managed to take his game to the next level. I don't know who is to blame for this. He got too comfortable playing sporadically and not being a key figure. Ambition was not his thing. He should've put up a serious challenge for the aging Xavi, but he didn't. Maybe there were other forces at play.

Pedro, I don't know about this one. He's not a Messi, but he's the kind of player that gives Barca identity. Barca academy makes Pedros. Is it a good idea to let this guy go after all the work put into him? He sure was a cornerstone of Messi's success because he was willing to play under the shadows as Messi shined. Not many players are willing to be so sacrificing.
It seems that Cesc and Pedro has done what they should, by playing most games (Pedro) and making most assists (Cesc)
Please look at Messi and Ney shit!
At least Messi came out and appoligiesed for his lack of scoring this season... I mean 28? for Messi?.. is a very very bad season. Not to mention his ball lost! He just turned the best paid player..
What is he thinking? I loose balls and Busi most just recover them?
And look at Ney with his freekicks? He act smart.. loses the ball bc La liga is no brasilian mickey mouse liga. So in order to recover the lost ball he commits a foul!.. And we payed 100 mill Euro plus for this guy?

Attachments

The problem with Most Barca fans is that they believe or think Barca's pep is there forever,,, in the inauguration of the new la Masia , pep said it clearly that such a thing won't happen again in years from now , it was or is an Era and it will fade sooner or later ... some didn't believe it and ignored what he said and they kept demanding the same from tito and tata and now Enrique ....

Messi's head was in Brazil form the day 2013-14 was kicked off , Xavi getting older and older , Valdes been disconnected with the club for couple of years , the club started prompting players like tello , Roberto, Bartra with the hope of the same blood line as Messi or Iniesta ...

i still doubt over the combo of Messi and Neymar as the field is too small for both of them playing at the same time

Alves is 31 and if they want to make something out of him then now is the time

Cesc was never consistent form the Day 1 for 25-30 Mil I would sell him like tonight ....

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
It seems that Cesc and Pedro has done what they should, by playing most games (Pedro) and making most assists (Cesc)
Please look at Messi and Ney shit!
At least Messi came out and appoligiesed for his lack of scoring this season... I mean 28? for Messi?.. is a very very bad season. Not to mention his ball lost! He just turned the best paid player..
What is he thinking? I loose balls and Busi most just recover them?
And look at Ney with his freekicks? He act smart.. loses the ball bc La liga is no brasilian mickey mouse liga. So in order to recover the lost ball he commits a foul!.. And we payed 100 mill Euro plus for this guy?

I totally agree about Messi and Neymar. Messi really fucked around for most of the year and Neymar is not a $100 million Euro player by any stretch.

If Messi wants to continue to play like this, there's no reason for the team to be so forgiving of his turnovers and lack of pressing. The game should also not be centralized around his 'walking'. The guy used to make a dozen runs a game in the past. These days, it's barely once per game. That's unacceptable. He's gotten too used to being carried by his mates.

Ronaldo on the other hand understood that he couldn't count on his teammates all the time and upped his game (only to fail as much as he succeded mind you). Messi hasn't had to do that for much of his career. It's time.

Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
The problem with Most Barca fans is that they believe or think Barca's pep is there forever,,, in the inauguration of the new la Masia , pep said it clearly that such a thing won't happen again in years from now , it was or is an Era and it will fade sooner or later ... some didn't believe it and ignored what he said and they kept demanding the same from tito and tata and now Enrique ....

Messi's head was in Brazil form the day 2013-14 was kicked off , Xavi getting older and older , Valdes been disconnected with the club for couple of years , the club started prompting players like tello , Roberto, Bartra with the hope of the same blood line as Messi or Iniesta ...

i still doubt over the combo of Messi and Neymar as the field is too small for both of them playing at the same time

Alves is 31 and if they want to make something out of him then now is the time

Cesc was never consistent form the Day 1 for 25-30 Mil I would sell him like tonight ....
Yazid to ham faghat montazere forsate ke be ma bechasbooni :)
It wasn't an "Era"... its a system... They play it at Barca B, and they play it very well, so beautiful and so fast, just like Barca in 2009. Just too bad, Tata never looked inside Barca for solutions!
Sure Barca players getting older, but next generation, Denis Suarez, Dani Nieto, Edu Bedia, Adama, Espinosa all knocking the doors of the A team!
Remember Barca youngsters are 3rd in Segunda....While Madrid B is sailing the seas of Cheese down in relegation zone :)

Yazid to ham faghat montazere forsate ke be ma bechasbooni :)
It wasn't an "Era"... its a system... They play it at Barca B, and they play it very well, so beautiful and so fast, just like Barca in 2009. Just too bad, Tata never looked inside Barca for solutions!
Sure Barca players getting older, but next generation, Denis Suarez, Dani Nieto, Edu Bedia, Adama, Espinosa all knocking the doors of the A team!
Remember Barca youngsters are 3rd in Segunda....While Madrid B is sailing the seas of Cheese down in relegation zone :)

First of all if we are close to the bottom is just because we prompted Jese , Morata and nacho to begin with and they all shone with the first team .... we also loaned Cheryshev to Sevilla but the poor guy was injured earlier in the season and he was so good that Capello called him up to play with Russia in the qualification .. We also lost toril in November which was a sad news and over all It really doesn't matter if you make it first or tenth , they are there to learn

Regarding those names you named it won't happen as you are already offloading a bunch of them I named earlier ... :)

and here some goodies for you

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2006
Copenhagen-Denmark
First of all if we are close to the bottom is just because we prompted Jese , Morata and nacho to begin with and they all shone with the first team ....
Pardonemé but all 3 were promoted to first team before the season was kicked off!?
Yani begheyr az in 3-4 ta bazikon nadarid? Khob dar o peykar in klubo bebandid ke behtare? We also lost Deulofeu, Rafinha and Araujo. So what? We are still 3rd.
Regurd your latest win 3-1 in feb.. easy buddy! 3 of key players were called up for A team.

Pardonemé but all 3 were promoted to first team before the season was kicked off!?
Yani begheyr az in 3-4 ta bazikon nadarid? Khob dar o peykar in klubo bebandid ke behtare? We also lost Deulofeu, Rafinha and Araujo. So what? We are still 3rd.
Regurd your latest win 3-1 in feb.. easy buddy! 3 of key players were called up for A team.
Exactly and with them we finished above Barca when we came back to segunda in 2012 . But then we started to offloading them and after toril left then we went down and now sitting on the edge... regardless I really don't care if they finish first or last , Segunda is a farm so let them grow as long as they remain in the farm

Luis Enrique promises exciting Barcelona

Barcelona's new first-team manager Luis Enrique is relishing his chance and has vowed to build a side that will "excite" the fans.

The 44-year-old was appointed as Gerardo Martino's replacement on Monday and has signed a two-year deal since leaving Celta Vigo.

Luis Enrique's return extends his association with the club, having represented them as a player for eight years and formerly coaching Barcelona B.

The former midfielder intends to implement his own style at Barcelona and hopes to bring back an attacking style of play that will thrill supporters, after a disappointing campaign ended without a major trophy this season.

"Today is a very exciting day for me, a very special day, a day we start to build a new Barca. A Barca that can excite people," he told reporters.

"I am very happy to be here, the new season begins here, we've got things to decide, I am hoping we have got a great season ahead, but I know I have got a big task ahead of me.

"I am more than a manager, I am a leader, I am here to lead, leadership skills are very important.

"Attacking football is what Barca identifies with, that's what we play, what people have fallen in love with but we need to defend well too.

"Obviously I will bring things to the team because I have got my own ideas, but I am hoping for an attractive and effective Barcelona."

1 team, 10 coaches

Luis Enrique (new Barcelona manager), Pep Guardiola (Bayern), Mourinho (Chelsea), Blanc (PSG), Lopetegui (new Porto manager), Pizzi (Valencia), Celades (new Spain Under-21 manager), Ferrer (Córdoba), Sergi (Recreativo de Huelva) and Abelardo (Sporting de Gijón) celebrated the 1996 Spanish Super Cup as players in this photo (except for Mourinho, who was part of Bobby Robson's coaching staff), after beating Atlético de Madrid at La Peineta Stadium.
This squad also featured coaches such as Hristo Stoichkov, Jose Mari Bakero and Óscar García Junyent - these last two not present in the snap.

The tiny Basque club have secured a spot in Spain's top flight next term but must still meet financial requirements if they are to be allowed to compete in 2014-15

Eibar have sealed promotion to La Liga for the first time in their history following Sunday's round of fixtures in the Segunda Division.

The Basque minnows mantained their slender lead over Deportivo la Coruna at the top of the table with a 1-0 win over Deportivo Alaves and a home defeat for Las Palmas means they now hold an unassailable seven-point advantage over the sides outisde the two automatic promotion places.

Eibar, who have now secured two-straight promotions having only gained reached the Segunda at the end of last season, will now play in Spain's top flight for the first time in their history - provided they can meet the financial requirements of the division.

Despite being a debt-free club, Eibar boast a stadium capacity of just a fraction over 5,000 and are struggling to reach the required level of share capital which would allow them to compete alongside the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid.

Spain international Xabi Alonso - along with Madrid team-mate Asier Illarramendi - have been supporting a campaign aimed at helping to raise €1.7 million in bought shares which Eibar need to have secured by August 6 this year.

"It is contradictory that a club who has an enviable financial health and with zero debts is obliged to do this, when there are others who have much deeper problems. I hope we can put in a big push to keep them where they deserve to be," said Alonso, who spent time on loan at the club in the 2000-01 season.

Club president Alex Aranzabal admitted earlier this year that "the clock is ticking" if his side is to secure the necessary funds to avoid being forced back down into the Segunda Division B next term.

"Eibar has, in these moments, two great challenges to take on. One is on the pitch, one off it," he said before his side sealed promotion.

"For a while people have been talking about Eibar as a model of good sporting and above all, financial management. But the clock is ticking now.”

Status
Not open for further replies.