La Liga and All Spanish related Matches,Schedules , News, Transfers and Updates ( 2016-17 ) !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The 2015/16 season to kick off on 15/16 August

The Spanish Professional Football League has proposed to the Federation that the new season should begin on the weekend of 15/16 August – one week earlier than last year’s edition. That was the decision made by the clubs at today’s assembly in Madrid and which will be approved by the RFEF Board in Madrid today.

The LFP’s proposal takes into account the dates for the Spanish Supercup and the UEFA Super Cup – recently-crowned Europa League winners Sevilla being the first finalist for the final in Tiflis, Georgia on 11 August.

The dates for Spanish Supercup final between Barcelona and Athletic Club have yet to be finalized and while both clubs have submitted their preferences, Barça must wait to see who they fare in next week’s Champions League final; until then, they are unable to set clear dates when they have no commitments.

In theory, the RFEF should approve the LFP’s proposal for the start of the new season, seeing as it would mean the season would end earlier and ease the calendar ahead of next year’s EURO 2016. A number of Liga Adelante clubs have expressed their concern of the new, early start – especially those who could be involved in next month’s Play-Offs for promotion to the top flight, as it means their holidays and pre-season will be shortened

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Madrid doesn't need a tactician coach or someone with a certain style. All that we need is a coach with authority and strong personality to tell the players who the boss is... Someone who is not afraid to bench players when they don't perform.

I don't know if Rafa can play that role or not. But If he can then we are guaranteed some trophies.

Is Rafa confirmed for Madrid? LOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!! This is gonna be a fun season!
Now some of you guys are really exaggerating about him. As a coach he has won every trophy. In a league what so called two horse race League he won twice with Valencia. He has won the FA , champions league , Europa league and many others .... I am not saying he is a perfect or an ideal coach but he is not Ranieri or Harry redknapp. He is the 4th homegrown coach we have ever hired so let's see what he has to offer .

You guys remember how harsh Valencia and Spartak were on Emery ? Now here you go with sevilla he won the back to back Europa league and took them to the champions league ...

Last edited:

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Now some of you guys are really exaggerating about him. As a coach he has won every trophy. In a league what so called two horse race League he won twice with Valencia. He has won the FA , champions league , Europa league and many others .... I am not saying he is a perfect or an ideal coach but he is not Ranieri or Harry redknapp. He is the 4th homegrown coach we have ever hired so let's see what he has to offer .

You guys remember how harsh Valencia and Spartak were on Emery ? Now here you go with sevilla he won the back to back Europa league and took them to the champions league ...
There are coaches who don't get the credit they deserve, and then there are those who get faaaaar more than they deserve. Rafa is of the latter group and perhaps the champion of salesmanship. The guy could paint a dove and sell it as an eagle. That's essentially what he has done all his career.

I don't see him lasting more than half a season.

There are coaches who don't get the credit they deserve, and then there are those who get faaaaar more than they deserve. Rafa is of the latter group and perhaps the champion of salesmanship. The guy could paint a dove and sell it as an eagle. That's essentially what he has done all his career.

I don't see him lasting more than half a season.
Again I don't say he is the best or he will survive for years or maybe he does who knows ? coaches end up differently with different squads and teams... but for now I don't call this a no-hoper

and this is louis Van gaal resume

Last edited:

saeed agha

IPL Player
Oct 20, 2002
UAE
Well Carlo Ancceloti won 3 league titles in 20 years. That is not a good record by any measure especially if you look at the teams he coached. Ok he is a gentleman but to me he was more lucky than good.

Only time will tell if Rafa is going to be good for Real or not. As I said that will depend on how he manages the stars.
How is our coach now, so he got my support.

byebyenow

Elite Member
Jun 3, 2006
Well Carlo Ancceloti won 3 league titles in 20 years. That is not a good record by any measure especially if you look at the teams he coached. Ok he is a gentleman but to me he was more lucky than good.

Only time will tell if Rafa is going to be good for Real or not. As I said that will depend on how he manages the stars.
How is our coach now, so he got my support.
At least Ancelotti won SerieA and Premier League once each as Rafa was not able to. I'm sure if Carlo was given more time he would have won the La Liga also. During time Angelotti managed Milan, Milan was one of the best team in Europe and won two CL with three finals and four semifinals. He was always the best team in Italy after Juventus up until the calciopoli and both Juve and Milan dominated Series A in mid 2000's. He also won the EPL for Chelsea being there for only two seasons something Rafa never managed in England.
Rafa record in Italy is dasastrous both in Inter and Napoli. He took over a strong Inter team after Mourinho and was fired after only few months because Inter was in the bottom half of the table, Leonardo with only one year of coaching experience took over and finished the season as runner up for Inter. He also underachieved in Napoli after the club spent so much money to compete for the scudetto and be a regular in CL, Napoli under him never challenged for scudetto and missed out on CL two seasons in the row. Rafa record compare to Carlo is much worse as that lucky day in Istanbul really made the name for him but Carlo has won that trophy three times to show it wasn't based on luck.
Having said all these, Rafa do have a boss mentality though and I don't think he let no star get too big. This also would be the biggest club he will ever manage so he does have the tools like he never did before but I also think he is too conservative for Real Madrid to survive for long time and this is no surprise to me as I knew one day he will take the Real job.

Last edited:

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Again I don't say he is the best or he will survive for years or maybe he does who knows ? coaches end up differently with different squads and teams... but for now I don't call this a no-hoper

and this is louis Van gaal resume

If your point with this comparison was to show that LVG has a much more impressive resume, then you have succeeded I have nothing to say against it :D :D

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
Well, I was kidding I knew what point you were trying to make.

But to give a serious answer I would say that the only trophies that rafa has won that he could "brag" about so to say, are his titles with Valencia (2la liga titles and 1 uefa cup) and also his cl title with liverpool. The rest are donald duck trophies more or less. Now thing is I really dislike LVG and Im not a fan of him at all, but objectively speaking only his records and trophies in ajax and az alone stand at least equal or stronger than all of rafas titles, the rest would just be bonus.

Benitez excited by Madrid opportunity

Rafael Benitez left Naples on Monday, declaring his excitement at the prospect of taking charge at Real Madrid.

Benitez confirmed last week that he would leave Napoli after two seasons at Stadio San Paolo - having been installed as the firm favourite to succeed Carlo Ancelotti as the Santiago Bernabeu.

The Spaniard's final game in Serie A was a disappointing 4-2 defeat to Lazio, which saw Gonzalo Higuain's missed penalty spark a late collapse as Napoli missed out on UEFA Champions League qualification.

Less than 24 hours after that defeat, Benitez set off for Madrid, where he is set to be confirmed as Ancelotti's successor.

AS quote Benitez as saying: "I am ready, I can't wait to be there."

A former youth coach at Real, Benitez led Valencia to two Spanish titles prior to a six-year stint at Liverpool highlighted by a memorable Champions League triumph in 2005.

He went on to take charge of Inter and Chelsea, winning the UEFA Europa League with the English club, and then guided Napoli to Coppa Italia glory 12 months ago in his first campaign at the San Paolo.

We´ll see what happens with my future´ - De Gea
Manchester United goalkeeper David de Gea has refused to play down reports linking him with a move to Real Madrid.

De Gea is tipped to swap Manchester in favour of a return to his native Madrid during the off-season, though the Spain international has been tight-lipped amid the speculation.

The 24-year-old offered a non-committal response to questions over his future on Sunday - with his words likely to do little to dampen talk of a move.

"We'll see what happens with my future. Now I am on holiday," De Gea is quoted as saying by AS at an event in his home province of Toledo.

De Gea, who moved to Old Trafford from Atletico Madrid in 2011, kept 10 clean sheets in 37 Premier League appearances as United finished fourth in 2014-15.

Bache Tehroon

Elite Member
Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
People keep bashing Ancelotti for not winning La Liga as if the poor guy almost relegated Madrid!

Give me a break. He lost the league by 4 points to arguably the best football team ever seen in history.

You tell me which team in history could sustain a breathtakingly close pace with this year's Barcelona? Only an only Carlo's Real Madrid. No other team could keep up. In any other condition Barca would've won the title with 10 weeks to go. Madrid did just fine for the most part. They simply gave up a few too many goals, and should've probably beaten Atletico. That's all. There wasn't much more to it.

Now they want to overcome this incredibly small margin behind Barcelona by appointing a fucking comedian in Rafa in place of someone like Ancelotti!

As a Barca fan, I don't get upset at Madrid going all kos-khol, but WOW! I thought the whole galacticos crap was bad, but now they've outdone themselves. A true 'shoot yourself in the leg' moment for Madrid.

What Benitez did with Valencia is completely irrelevant. His recent conduct and record speaks of nothing but total failure.

Azhidahak

Bench Warmer
May 30, 2005
People keep bashing Ancelotti for not winning La Liga as if the poor guy almost relegated Madrid!

Give me a break. He lost the league by 4 points to arguably the best football team ever seen in history.

You tell me which team in history could sustain a breathtakingly close pace with this year's Barcelona? Only an only Carlo's Real Madrid. No other team could keep up. In any other condition Barca would've won the title with 10 weeks to go. Madrid did just fine for the most part. They simply gave up a few too many goals, and should've probably beaten Atletico. That's all. There wasn't much more to it.

Now they want to overcome this incredibly small margin behind Barcelona by appointing a fucking comedian in Rafa in place of someone like Ancelotti!

As a Barca fan, I don't get upset at Madrid going all kos-khol, but WOW! I thought the whole galacticos crap was bad, but now they've outdone themselves. A true 'shoot yourself in the leg' moment for Madrid.

What Benitez did with Valencia is completely irrelevant. His recent conduct and record speaks of nothing but total failure.
Well said I think you put it well and I agree with almost everything, except that for no other team part as I would argue Mourinhous Madrid would do be able to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.