Language used in this forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amirrr

Bench Warmer
Jun 8, 2005
Toronto
im sorry for the language that is being used in a public forum like ISP..being one of the biggest Persian sport forums i think you guys need to have more control over your members..and what surprises me even more is none of the admins do anything about these posts. I have been following ISP for a long time but havent been posting and im glad i havent because some members here really need to show some respect to each other. checking the france game thread i was hoping to see some good discussion on the game but all i saw was foshe khahar madar.

Last edited:

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
im sorry for the language that is being used in a public forum like ISP..being one of the biggest Persian sport forums i think you guys need to have more control over your members..and what surprises me even more is none of the admins do anything about these posts. I have been following ISP for a long time but havent been posting and im glad i havent because some members here really need to show some respect to each other. checking the france game thread i was hoping to see some good discussion on the game but all i saw was foshe khahar madar.
have a classier avatar then u can talk

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
the whole thread broke loose in a matter of minutes. The violating members have been dealt with. What more exactly do you expect from the moderators?

Amirrr

Bench Warmer
Jun 8, 2005
Toronto
the whole thread broke loose in a matter of minutes. The violating members have been dealt with. What more exactly do you expect from the moderators?
ostad i saw the whole thread. While the two members were foshe khahar madaring one of the moderators was posting in between the posts So the moderator was right there doing nothing for a good 15-20 minutes. How do i know this? i checked the thread at the 82 minute of the france game and i saw all the swearing and it continued till 20 minute after the game. i dont expect anything from the moderators all i expect is when i come to a forum to read about soccer i dont end up going through 4 pages of fosh. And the moderator was there all that time posting.

Oct 20, 2003
A forum should not be dependent on the moderators alone, it also be the responsibility of the members to police the discussions and the language used and keep it clean. I have witnessed foul language and offensive posts recently by a few members. What I think should be done by the members is to report language that is inappropriate and posts that are clearly against the ISP rules. I do not know what happened in the France Vs Uruguay thread as I have recorded the game, but the moderators IMHO should delete the offensive language, thread, or posts when violations are brought up to their attention with a clear warning to the offender(s). What is the use of a warning if the offensive language, or post(s) remains.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
ostad i saw the whole thread. While the two members were foshe khahar madaring one of the moderators was posting in between the posts So the moderator was right there doing nothing for a good 15-20 minutes. How do i know this? i checked the thread at the 82 minute of the france game and i saw all the swearing and it continued till 20 minute after the game. i dont expect anything from the moderators all i expect is when i come to a forum to read about soccer i dont end up going through 4 pages of fosh. And the moderator was there all that time posting in between the foshe khahar madar.
That's because we normally don't delete posts. It's a promise we made to ourselves and the members to not delete or edit posts no matter what.

If the members feel like ISP should delete and edit posts they should let ISP know.

Amirrr

Bench Warmer
Jun 8, 2005
Toronto
A forum should not be dependent on the moderators alone, it also be the responsibility of the members to police the discussions and the language used and keep it clean. I have witnessed foul language and offensive posts recently by a few members. What I think should be done by the members is to report language that is inappropriate and posts that are clearly against the ISP rules. I do not know what happened in the France Vs Uruguay thread as I have recorded the game, but the moderators IMHO should delete the offensive language, thread, or posts when violations are brought up to their attention with a clear warning to the offender(s). What is the use of a warning if the offensive language, or post(s) remains.
well what happened in France Vs Uruguay was a mess! (u can still go that thread and see for urself) its good that moderators try to not delete any posts or threads but when it gets out of control like 4 pages of swearing i think thats when the moderators need to do something about it. dont get me wrong i know moderators do a lot for this forum and i really like ISP and this thread is not criticize any of the mods or the forum, i'm just trying to say there needs to be a more solid rule to deal with members insulting each other makhsosan vaghti ke dige be khaharo madare adam mirese. Anyways i still thank you Bache-Tehroon and other mods for doing all you can for this post and i hope you dont take my post in a wrong way.

Oct 20, 2003
Agha Soroush and Amir Khan, If a post or language used is considered too offensive to cause the poster to be warned or banned, it would make no sense to me to leave what is "offensive" out there and not deleted.

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Agha Soroush and Amir Khan, If a post or language used is considered too offensive to cause the poster to be warned or banned, it would make no sense to me to leave what is "offensive" out there and not deleted.
I agree in this case. There are other cases that I personally prefer to see the post untouched even if a member ends up getting banned for it.

Amirrr

Bench Warmer
Jun 8, 2005
Toronto
have a classier avatar then u can talk
this is exactly why i dont post in this forum.if you dont know me please do not judge me by my avatar.when i joined this website i was known by my avatars and it meant to be something funny and u can go on profile and see how members in this forum used to make jokes about it. the moderator of this site 'pooya' had an boob avatar for a while does that mean hes not able to talk because he has an avatar showing boobs? like where is your logic. This is a free site and i can have whatever avatar i want and you are no one to tell me if its classy or not. Its also not classy to tell someone to not talk. stop living in a cage being classy is not based on an avatar and i dont consider this avatar unclassy unless im living in a cage!

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
if avatars like yours are being shown, then i think the language here is ok...

i wouldnt complain to much about rated r language, when u have some girls butt up there.

not to sure why u start name dropping, but that goes for everyone not just you.

Amirrr

Bench Warmer
Jun 8, 2005
Toronto
if avatars like yours are being shown, then i think the language here is ok...

i wouldnt complain to much about rated r language, when u have some girls butt up there.

not to sure why u start name dropping, but that goes for everyone not just you.
so "kose nanat khar kose nane jende kir to dahane mamanet" is ok bcs my avatar is showing a girl posing?

im sorry for the lang but thats exactly what they were saying..

ehsan

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
so "kose nanat khar kose nane jende kir to dahane mamanet" is ok bcs my avatar is showing a girl posing?

im sorry for the lang but thats exactly what they were saying..
your personally offended by two other members insulting each other?

What if I was some hezbollah with a beard with two wives with hejabs.
and i saw your avatar? how offended would I be?

Amirrr

Bench Warmer
Jun 8, 2005
Toronto
your personally offended by two other members insulting each other?

get your facts right.i wasnt offended but thats not what i expect seeing coming to a sport forum.u compared the insults to my avatar which was the most stupid comparison.foshe khahar madar dadane ona is not same as me having a girl on my avatar and you cant tell me to change my avatar then talk..and just by your comments i wont be surprise if you are actually what you said at the end of your post.

Oct 20, 2003
Exactly how do you know for sure that hezollahi would be offended :)?

On a serious note, a community should honor what is the norm and not go by the exceptions.

Status
Not open for further replies.