Learn people, LEARN[R]

troyhero01

Football Fan
Jun 10, 2004
Earth
Watching Korean football and their pace, I must admit that they are way ahead of us. Iran's style of football is beyond rediculous. We fool ouselves if we don't admit that we do not actuall play football. We play YE-GHOL-DO-GHOL. We have to deeply do soul searching and quit living in denial.

Anyways, congratulations to Korea and their fans.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Fatso said:
Why does Korea beat European teams and not us?
Because Iran has fear of names, also I think alot of them think negatively and pessimistically like alot of our fans.
The players shouldn't fool themselves into thinking they can win the World Cup, but instead believe that on any given day, if they try their hardest and play their game, no matter who the opponent is, they can win.
Baba, Korea tied the game today, they didnt win. Still, Kudos to them, but they are still the same Korea that was trounced by Holland 5-0 in WC 98. You cant generalize here.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Coming to the world cup, I thought that we were a great team. We also did not play bad in our friendlies ... But teams don't play with the same intensity in friendlies as in the world cup ...

We are much slower than korean ? Yes, but our style of football is different ...
When I was a kid, I watched the game between korea and Iran in semi-final of the asian games. (1992) we won that game in over-time... but I thought, how fast they were in that game .. (we eneded up beating north korea in penalties in the final) so historically they are a very fast team ...

However ... based on performance ... they are much better team than us ...
The best victory is to accept the defeat ... we were pretty bad ... football is a game of 90 minute not 45 ...

The asian games will be pretty exciting ... let's see how iran does in front of korea and Japan

Jun 6, 2005
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
Because WC requires its own level of dedication and concentration. Because WC is in a different class than Asian Cup. Because World-Cup is where you can't settle for 100%. You must go beyond your own limits in order to achieve anything.

We're still stuck finding out what exactly our limit is.

For teams like Korea and Ghana, sky is the limit because they manage to discover more bits and pieces of energy and motivation in every breath.

From what I saw , in the WC for TM their limit is either losing and try to lose by not so many points to teams like Mexico and Portugal or a tie and that would make them happy... Iran didn't deserve to be in this world cup, and I hope Angola teaches them a lesson.

WC 98 Iran deserved it and they were hungry for a win and they did it, today they are a different team and I didn't see that hunger in them.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Its funny how everybody tries to belittle Irans victories against Japan and Korea (as in considering them a fluke) in the same breath they talk about the amazing display of the Asian teams so far at this World cup. (which is far from amazin in my opinion)

No Asian team will go through to the next round, and only one African team will. Mark my words.

Mar 30, 2006
Sabzi said:
How about watching the game again?
adameh bikari mesleh to mitoneh bereh dobareh baziye ashghaleh teameh maro bebineh... We didn't have a single attack on thier goal all our players were doing was playing with each other's balls instead of running and pressing like koreans...

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
Sabzi said:
Its funny how everybody tries to belittle Irans victories against Japan and Korea (as in considering them a fluke) in the same breath they talk about the amazing display of the Asian teams so far at this World cup. (which is far from amazin in my opinion)

No Asian team will go through to the next round, and only one African team will. Mark my words.
Korea will beat switzerlan and go to the next round ... mark my word ...

Mar 30, 2006
Sabzi said:

LOL.... korea is the next run for sure... so will be the saudies.. khak too sareh teameh ma again...

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
BT jaan, I agree on all those teams but South Korea was lucky to win this game but in Australia's case they were unlucky to lose just like Ivory Coast.

Switzerland will make Korea look like Swiss cheese man.

Messi19

National Team Player
Oct 18, 2002
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
Learn from Koreans. Learn from Ghana. Learn from Australia.

These are teams that on any given day we expect TM to beat them. these are teams that we disregard as powerhouses. These are teams in our calibre.

Yet they play football like we are centuries behind them. They run as if they're all on drugs. They sweat like they're ready to die for their team.

Korea just made a fool out of France. Yes, the French team that if Iran was to play, we would all be happy with a 3-0 loss. The French team that has Zidane, Henry, Barthez, Wiltord, and Trezeguet in it. Korea made them look like a medicore team. Could Iran's national team even dream of doing such a thing with all its so called stars in shape and on top of their game?

I don't think so.

I'm so disappointed. disappointed beyond belief. Never have I felt so jelous of Koreans. Even when they reached the WC semifinals. Their fans are astonishing. They make me feel so ashamed of myself and my countrymen.

There's more to come. There's more lessons to learn. There's more to feel disappointed about.
well said man. couldn't agree more. its a joke to say Iran is the best team in the Asia. they are not intimidated by FRANCE and its stars and they are not there to lose by 1 or 2 goals and be happy. they are there to win the game and advance. and bravo to their fans, just UNBELIEBAVLE. dameshon garam. they deserve the point.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
shawshank said:
BT jaan, I agree on all those teams but South Korea was lucky to win this game but in Australia's case they were unlucky to lose just like Ivory Coast.

Switzerland will make Korea look like Swiss cheese man.
Perfect example for psychology. Arguments (or lack of) given in this thread certainly give the impression that Korea dominated and won the match today.

But actually, they were harmless for most of the game and luckily tied.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Sabzi said:
Perfect example for psychology. Arguments (or lack of) given in this thread certainly give the impression that Korea dominated and won the match today.

But actually, they were harmless for most of the game and luckily tied.
Their fans were great and yes it does disappoint us but Korea didn't make France look like mediocore team, France was a mediocore team even throughout qualification they tied Israel, Switzerland and Ireland every game.

Now South Korea against this shitty but big-named France didn't pose any threat, in fact once again the refree came to their help again and didn't count France's goal. Again, I'm not comparing Iran and South Korea but BT the way you describe it , it sounds like Korea came and dominated France and was unlucky not to win.

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Bache Tehroon(ISP) said:
Yeah Korea is lucky. Iran is unlucky. Iran could've destroyed Mexico and Portugal. hell, if Iran played France today, we could beat them.

Branko is the man.
Iran isn't unlucky, Iran could've never destroyed Mexico and Portugal but rather gotten better results from them. If Iran played France it wouldn't be as hard as the Portugal or Mexico game.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
shawshank said:
Their fans were great and yes it does disappoint us but Korea didn't make France look like mediocore team, France was a mediocore team even throughout qualification they tied Israel, Switzerland and Ireland every game.

Now South Korea against this shitty but big-named France didn't pose any threat, in fact once again the refree came to their help again and didn't count France's goal. Again, I'm not comparing Iran and South Korea but BT the way you describe it , it sounds like Korea came and dominated France and was unlucky not to win.
That was in-conclusive ... you can't really say whether the ball past the line or not ... the whole ball must pass the line ... even the slow motion was in-conclusive ... so I dont know how youc an say referee was with them

Sep 25, 2004
Toronto
Iran-Esteghlal-Inter said:
That was in-conclusive ... you can't really say whether the ball past the line or not ... the whole ball must pass the line ... even the slow motion was in-conclusive ... so I dont know how youc an say referee was with them
Ey baba, are you joking me. Why don't you change your name to Iran-Esteghlal-Inter-Korea ?

Ok, the refree made a mistake but how can you say that ball didn't pass the line man. Just watch yourself.

Also watch the Korean player go down worse than Bahraini players.

Sabzi

Bench Warmer
Oct 18, 2002
Iran-Esteghlal-Inter said:
ey baba... the ball was 100000 percent behind the line. Even the goalie is behind the line and his arms are behind the line, too.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
shawshank said:
Ey baba, are you joking me. Why don't you change your name to Iran-Esteghlal-Inter-Korea ?

Ok, the refree made a mistake but how can you say that ball didn't pass the line man. Just watch yourself
I don't like korea that much to change my name to that ... or maybe you have to change your name to shawshank-Viva-France (just kidding) but honestly, I looked at the slow motion many times and I couldn't say for 100 percent if the whole ball passed the line ...

Jan 23, 2003
In terms of spirit and self belief I think currently Iran can learn something from Laos and Maldives, let alone Australia, Korea and Ghana. We were terrible at that. Maybe the feud in the camp had something to do with it. It was only 2 years ago that we went at Korea for 90 mins. We started against Mexico with a similar attitude so I dont know whats wrong. (I know Korea are not Protugal but still at the time it was refreshing to see TM kept pressing even as Asian giant)

If the theory of "We were scared and were looking to draw against Mexico" was 100% true we wouldnt have gone at them from the first whistle.

I think fitness and Branko's tactics and Karimi/Daei feud all combined to make it a dismal world cup for us.

Sometimes success and complete failure can be separated by only a few factors. For eg if Karimi was the Karimi of AC2004 and Daei wasnt there, most probably we wouldve got a result against Mexico which in turn wouldve galvanised us to probably better things.