Legionnaires Thread 2013-2014

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
According to Russian website Russia Sport! Azmoun was named as the best young player of the 2013/2014 Russian season. (I will try and find the Russian source of this from the website)

Congratulations to Sardar Azmoun!

Shahram

Elite Member
Oct 21, 2002
According to Russian website Russia Sport! Azmoun was named as the best young player of the 2013/2014 Russian season. (I will try and find the Russian source of this from the website)

Congratulations to Sardar Azmoun!

That is fantastic, he was wearing number 8 yesterday. So, this is what he wrote on his facebook page:
[h=5] [/h]

Ali agha Karimi ba ejaze bkhatere shomarat k dase mane kochiketim ... 6 tofangdar

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
That is fantastic, he was wearing number 8 yesterday. So, this is what he wrote on his facebook page:
[h=5] [/h]

Ali agha Karimi ba ejaze bkhatere shomarat k dase mane kochiketim ... 6 tofangdar

Which means he could get the CAM position rather than striker.

I guess this could be our lineup:

Dejagah---------Azmoun---------Jahanbakhsh/Shojaei
-----------------Gucci------------------

He's too young and inexperienced for that position though?

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
That is great news Azmoun out of all of those great young players, won the award and there are a good number of young foreign players who are in Russia and they are good players. Russia is defiantly a good league and they pay you a nice salary I don't know his contract but I'm sure he is getting paid. It is also a good transition league before you transfer to a big four and again you play against decent competition. I don't know who is on top but usually CSKA Moscow is the best club. I only want him to transfer if he will be able to start and play for at least a middle of the road squad it does you no good if you get wasted sitting on the bench. I know some big clubs are interested like Arsenal. I wish him the best of luck in his career development.

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005

Massoud Shojaee was in action yesterday for Las Palmas in their 3-2 away loss to Real Madrid II.

With 3 games left in Spanish Segunda Division , Las Palmas are in 4th place , 6 points behind table leaders Deportivo La Coruna & 4 points behind 2nd place Eibar. top 2 teams will get direct promotion to La Liga while 4 other lower ranked teams go to play-offs to determine the 3rd promotion spot to La Liga.

Match highlights

[video=youtube;HAwHvNu15Q0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAwHvNu15Q0[/video]

May 12, 2007
Which means he could get the CAM position rather than striker.

I guess this could be our lineup:

Dejagah---------Azmoun---------Jahanbakhsh/Shojaei
-----------------Gucci------------------

He's too young and inexperienced for that position though?
It is still not certain he will play that position. I personally think he will be usefull against Bosnia. I don't know about Nigeria.

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland
Some important news about NEC and Jahanbakhsh:
- Coach Anton Janssen has been fired by NEC after the poor performances leading to relegation to the Jupiler League.
- NEC will be trying to sell a whole bunch of players. There's interest in quite a few players and Jahanbakhsh is one of them: according to Voetbal International clubs inside and outside of Holland have been following his performances for quite a while now and the interest can only increase if he performs well in the World Cup. Sounds like there's a big chance he'll play somewhere else next season.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Rumours are that FC Groningen is one of clubs seriously following Jahanbakhsh.
Groningen would be a sweet move, they will be playing Europa League next season.

Foo jan, any news regarding Reza? Last i heard was that a couple of Dutch clubs are going to have their eyes on his performances during the World Cup..(personally i really hopes he gets out of Charlton) And i think he would be an influential player for either of his old clubs SC Cambuur or Go Ahead Eagles...

I actually hope that Jahanbakhs can open up the door for a couple more Iranians joining the Dutch league. I think the Dutch league compliments our players very well.

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Groningen would be a sweet move, they will be playing Europa League next season.

Foo jan, any news regarding Reza? Last i heard was that a couple of Dutch clubs are going to have their eyes on his performances during the World Cup..(personally i really hopes he gets out of Charlton) And i think he would be an influential player for either of his old clubs SC Cambuur or Go Ahead Eagles...

I actually hope that Jahanbakhs can open up the door for a couple more Iranians joining the Dutch league. I think the Dutch league compliments our players very well.
Reza Gucci will be a Chelsea played next season ....his surname fits in so does his football.

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
According to Swiss sources it seems like Davari might join Grasshoppers Zurich next season, their 1st keeper left the club to join Freiburg, and it seems like Davari is the managers nr1 choice to replace him. Initial agreement's have seemingly been made and he will sign his contract after the World Cup most likely.

Werder Bremen are also touted to be interested in Davari. Interesting thing here is that, if Davari was to join Grasshoppers he will be playing Champions League football next season, with Grasshoppers having qualified for the qualifying stages of the Champions League.

http://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/nach-spross-rueckzug-sinkt-jetzt-das-gc-schiff-id2873584.html

Last edited:
Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
Takes this news with a grain of salt. But it seems like Tottenham are the newest customers for acquiring Sardar Azmoun, several reports are even quoting sporting director Baldini who hopes Azmoun chooses Tottenham over Arsenal/Liverpool etc. Tottenham are putting aside what seems to be around 2.5million pound to secure the services of Azmoun.

Meanwhile, a couple of days ago his coach in Rubin Kazan came out and said that the club will do everything in their power to get Azmoun to renew his contract for next season, he believes Azmoun will be a key player for Rubin next season and that he will benefit from at least 1 more season in Russia before making the move to another European league. He also speaks about how well he adapted to the Russian league and that he overcame obstacles throughout the season (injuries+family) to become a key player for Rubin and have a successful season.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...dar-azmoun-transfer-arsenal-liverpool-3593434
http://liverpooloffside.sbnation.co...l-and-arsenal-target-dubbed-the-iranian-messi

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
According to Swiss sources it seems like Davari might join Grasshoppers Zurich next season, their 1st keeper left the club to join Freiburg, and it seems like Davari is the managers nr1 choice to replace him. Initial agreement's have seemingly been made and he will sign his contract after the World Cup most likely.

Werder Bremen are also touted to be interested in Davari. Interesting thing here is that, if Davari was to join Grasshoppers he will be playing Champions League football next season, with Grasshoppers having qualified for the qualifying stages of the Champions League.

http://www.blick.ch/sport/fussball/nach-spross-rueckzug-sinkt-jetzt-das-gc-schiff-id2873584.html
Grasshoppers finished 2nd in this season's Swiss Super League.

Michael Skibbe is Grasshoppers coach with an extensive experience in coaching at Schalke , Dortmund , Leverkusen , Galatasaray , Eintracht Frankfurt , Hertha & assistant to Rudi Voller with German national team.

If Davari moves to Grasshoppers then we'll be watching and reporting more of Swiss Super League next season. :)

Foo

Elite Member
Feb 12, 2006
Den Haag, Holland

To be honest I haven't heard any news about Reza, but it's very possible that Dutch clubs like the ones u mentioned are following him. I hope the two play in the Eredivisie next year as well, that would be great for their development.

Nov 24, 2002
look like Davari is linked with Grasshopper club in Swiss . they finished second in swiss league and qualified for CL p-o . still a very poor league outside Basel and Grasshopper .

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
And Spanish 2nd division keeps going and going deep into the World Cup.

Massoud Shojaee's Las Palmas has defeated Sporting Gijon in the first round of playoffs by 2-0 (1-0 & 1-0) and will play against Cordoba for promotion to LaLiga. it's a 2 legged affair and the first leg will be played today (Thursday 19 June 20114) at 18:00 GMT.

Highlights

Las Palmas 1 Sporting Gijon 0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0amQjIu1xE&list=PLxn0kSqrnVQ_8KJHuHwXHq8_3u-dvsIQi

Sporting Gijon 0 Las Palmas 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJbMqtqMQpk

mashdi

Football Legend
Sep 29, 2005
Spanish 2nd Division promotion playoff

Las Palmas managed to get a 0-0 away draw at Cordoba yesterday. 2nd leg will be played this Sunday 22 June 2014.

Highlights

[video=youtube;JgNt90fnxOE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgNt90fnxOE[/video]

Spanish 2nd Division promotion playoff

Las Palmas managed to get a 0-0 away draw at Cordoba yesterday. 2nd leg will be played this Sunday 22 June 2014.
If Masoud manages to score a hattrick against Brazil in the WC final, will they just hand over the entire club to him? That won't be enough to cover his cost, but it would give a whole new meaning to the word Legionnaire.