Legionnaires Updates and News, 2021-2022 season

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
Looks like Azmoun to Okympic Lyon, very nice fit and good pick by Azmoun. A few years ago they were in the champions league semi finals or quarters(inforget) until i think they lost to Leipzig. He will start l, at PSG, Azmoun, is sitting on the bench.
There nothing left for him in the Russian super league to accomplish already got the MVP. It is time to leave Rostov on Don and pack your bags comrade; you are going to France.
From Rostov on Don to Lyon, talk about a major upgrade; in everything. Now if Taremi is on the bench, it might be time for him to leave. It is never a good sign, when you are on the bench, time to pack your bags as well. Also, comparing French people from Lyon to Parisians, is like comparing day to night.
I am happy for him, it is a good lesson ti the young players. Hard work pays off and never stop believing in your abilities and skills, even when the fans have written you off.

Last edited:

Finally

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
WTF!!! Varzesh 3 is usually quite reliable.

Khak too sare Azmoun if this is true!!! What a waste of talent!
Lyon is a good team. I think couple of years ago they made to uefa semi. They are known for developing players and are a very popular side in France. Definitely a better team and league than Russian league. Good luck to him.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
For Lyon It is more or less a free transfer. If he does great, they sell him after the 22-23 season for $50M profit, if he does well enough they keep him for $3M a year salary which is still cheap, if it doesn't work out they sell him for $10-15M and still make a handsome profit.

For Sardar, if he moves in Winter it is great opportunity, Lyons African players will be MIA so he will have immediate playing time to fit in.

Regardless, moving from -30C to 10-15C is always an upgrade!

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Tuesday: England - Premier League 2:30pm Eastern US
Brentford vs Manchester United
Let see if Saman gets some minutes.
Brentford's Frank expects game to go ahead after Man Utd Covid scare

Brentford manager Thomas Frank expects Tuesday's Premier League game against Manchester United to go ahead despite the coronavirus scare at Old Trafford.
United have reported a small number of positive lateral flow tests within their squad after their win at Norwich on Saturday.

The United players and staff involved were sent home before training on Sunday.
Tottenham had both their Europa League match against Rennes on Thursday and Sunday's Premier League game at Brighton postponed after eight players and five staff members tested positive.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Tuesday: England - Premier League2:30pm Eastern US
Brentford vs Manchester United
Let see if Saman gets some minutes.
Brentford's Frank expects game to go ahead after Man Utd Covid scare

Brentford manager Thomas Frank expects Tuesday's Premier League game against Manchester United to go ahead despite the coronavirus scare at Old Trafford.
United have reported a small number of positive lateral flow tests within their squad after their win at Norwich on Saturday.

The United players and staff involved were sent home before training on Sunday.
Tottenham had both their Europa League match against Rennes on Thursday and Sunday's Premier League game at Brighton postponed after eight players and five staff members tested positive.
BRENTFORD V MANCHESTER UNITED POSTPONED
Match to be rearranged due to COVID-19 outbreak at Manchester United
Brentford v Manchester United postponed - News - Official website of Brentford Football Club (brentfordfc.com)

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@ME Oh his salary is only $3,000,000 that is a free transfer for Lyon then. Like you said if it works out well they could sell him for $25-$50 million and if it doesn’t you only invested 3 million. that’s probably what they’re banking on they’re hoping one of the bigger clubs will pick him up.
This a win-win situation for both parties involved. For Azmoun, a change in venue and a fresh start
n a better leqgie. For Lyon, rhe potential for a big transfer fee. if it does not work out then I’ll Leon loses his 3 million. You are getting the Russian Super League MVP for $3,000,000.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
@ME Oh his salary is only $3,000,000 that is a free transfer for Lyon then. Like you said if it works out well they could sell him for $25-$50 million and if it doesn’t you only invested 3 million. that’s probably what they’re banking on they’re hoping one of the bigger clubs will pick him up.
This a win-win situation for both parties involved. For Azmoun, a change in venue and a fresh start
n a better leqgie. For Lyon, rhe potential for a big transfer fee. if it does not work out then I’ll Leon loses his 3 million. You are getting the Russian Super League MVP for $3,000,000.
$3M a year for his salary
$3M transfer fee to Zenit if he moves this January or 0 in June

It means at the current state he is worth $6M a year. In a year and 1/2 he still has 3 years left in his contract and he will be 27 at the base of $18M. If he does well this value can triple now that he is in a better league, better team, better coverage.

The next question and hope is "fitting in".

TeamMeli

Elite Member
Feb 5, 2014
Las Vegas, NV
@ME OK thank you for breaking it down so $3 million goes to a transfer to Zenit which is really nothing plus &3 M a year so this year 6. At 27 he could easily sign say a 3 year extension in the $45-50,000,000 range,” easily. He could get more. Azmoun is still young and has plenty left in the gas tank.

not gonna have the opportunity remaining in the Russian shipper league. Last time I checked he was #2 and Hulk was #1 at 4 or 5,000,000 but those are the top guys. Olympic Lyon is hoping someone like PSG in 3 years would offer. say 3 years $50,000,000 and they cash in on a nice transfer fee.

Now if i were him, at some point i would think about walking away from TM. Robbie Keane added 2-3 years to his career by doing that. I am not saying in 2022 but WC 2026 wpuld be my last go at it, if i were him. This way you know dirty the national team but you could preserve your legs and by 2026, it will be time to find a replacement anyways.

Zenit made their money, i am sire their transfer fee( if he was not a free agent) was what $500,000 to $1,000,000 Max so a 3 to sox fold increase in. profit for them. Olympic Lyon is betting on the same thing and bug clubs are interested

What was super smart was him not falling for the beat of going to Liverpool a few yearswhat was super smart was him not falling for the beat of going to Liverpool a few years back. He knew once some other guys got healthy, Klopo was going to keep Azmoun in the bemch. He would have been wasted there, now he can improve.

Now Daei did produce in the UCL; against Chelaea and Roma but egen he had to to. I thonk Azmoun will “ fit in” and start. it might not be immediately but probably this or early next year; when he learns the new offensive system of OL. The good thing is as a winger. vs a striker it is differenr/ A winger does what he does; pushes up the ball; and crosses it; with a nice passnor score himself.

Only thing that chamges is the stule and frequency of ateack ie all out blitzkreig vs counter - attack. those are the new one says he’s going to have to pick up. Sorry for the long reply but awesome topic and there was different angles to discuss ; primarily the level of pay and competition Russian Super league vs French league 1. Does Russian teams never go anywhere in the. but French teams besides PAG do. I believe Monaco had a semi finals fin, OL did as well and PSG won it.

Last edited: