Legionnaires Updates and News, 2021-2022 season

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
I saw the game. Taremi scored a goal and had an assist but he is still not the same player he was last year. Sometimes he makes such amateurish stupid mistakes, you don't expect from a professional player, playing in Porto. Luiz Diaz also scored a goal and had an assist but his impact in the game as a whole was so much more than Taremi's IMO.

As it looks today, Taremi can forget about signing contracts with top European clubs. It's not gonna happen.
Mehdi was also involved in defensive work a lot. For example, one reason for Estorli goal to be disallowed was elbow hit by striker of Estorli to Mehdi when defending - there was another foul to Porto defender too. Mehdi had another good shot that was saved by goalkeeper.
1641746752604.png

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
A Turkish TV channel is saying Allahyar is going to Hull city. I have mix feelings about this. It is a make or break. Practically none of our kids did okay in England and lower devision is very physical. On the other hand he is also physical and young.

The club is going to be under the ownership of a Turkish media mogul who has Azari roots. Apparently he is a hardcore fenerbace supporter.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
A Turkish TV channel is saying Allahyar is going to Hull city. I have mix feelings about this. It is a make or break. Practically none of our kids did okay in England and lower devision is very physical. On the other hand he is also physical and young.

The club is going to be under the ownership of a Turkish media mogul who has Azari roots. Apparently he is a hardcore fenerbace supporter.
Sayyadmanesh: "I want to play under Kompany"
SATURDAY, 8 JANUARY 2022, 16:45 - Garrincha
TRANSFERS
If it depends on Allahyar Sayyadmanesh, a 20-year-old striker of Fenerbahçe, he will soon play for Anderlecht. "There are negotiations going on with Anderlecht," says the attacker. "Hull City are also interested in attracting me, but my preference is to play under Vincent Kompany."
However, the chance that it will come to a transfer is
small. Fenerbahçe does not want Sayyadmanesh to leave for a pittance. In 2021, he scored easily on loan with Zorya Lugansk.

Source: Het Nieuwsblad
Anderlecht Online - Sayyadmanesh: "I want to play under Kompany" (08 Jan 22) (anderlecht-online.be)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Mehdi was also involved in defensive work a lot. For example, one reason for Estorli goal to be disallowed was elbow hit by striker of Estorli to Mehdi when defending - there was another foul to Porto defender too. Mehdi had another good shot that was saved by goalkeeper.
View attachment 44968
Of course, if he's got zero efficiency in his team, he wouldn't be given a starting position in every game. But what I meant was, at times he makes such stupid errors that a player in his level shouldn't be doing. Like the time he was all alone under a high ball coming towards him and he still missed to hit it with his head. All he needed to do was just to stop the ball with his chest and bring it down to his feet. or several times he missed to intercept the ball passing just by him. That shot you are mentioning....the ball hit a defender's foot and got deflected or else he shot it right at where the goalie was standing. It would have been easy for the goalie to catch it if it hadn't been deflected. I have a feeling he still lacks the total focus he had last year

Anyways, thanks for sharing the picture. I did wonder why the goal was disallowed. Good to know that the foul was made on Taremi.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Sayyadmanesh: "I want to play under Kompany"
SATURDAY, 8 JANUARY 2022, 16:45 - Garrincha
TRANSFERS
If it depends on Allahyar Sayyadmanesh, a 20-year-old striker of Fenerbahçe, he will soon play for Anderlecht. "There are negotiations going on with Anderlecht," says the attacker. "Hull City are also interested in attracting me, but my preference is to play under Vincent Kompany."
However, the chance that it will come to a transfer is
small. Fenerbahçe does not want Sayyadmanesh to leave for a pittance. In 2021, he scored easily on loan with Zorya Lugansk.

Source: Het Nieuwsblad
Anderlecht Online - Sayyadmanesh: "I want to play under Kompany" (08 Jan 22) (anderlecht-online.be)
Anderlecht is of course better for him than Hull city but I so wished he joined a team in the Dutch league instead!

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Of course, if he's got zero efficiency in his team, he wouldn't be given a starting position in every game. But what I meant was, at times he makes such stupid errors that a player in his level shouldn't be doing. Like the time he was all alone under a high ball coming towards him and he still missed to hit it with his head. All he needed to do was just to stop the ball with his chest and bring it down to his feet. or several times he missed to intercept the ball passing just by him. That shot you are mentioning....the ball hit a defender's foot and got deflected or else he shot it right at where the goalie was standing. It would have been easy for the goalie to catch it if it hadn't been deflected. I have a feeling he still lacks the total focus he had last year

Anyways, thanks for sharing the picture. I did wonder why the goal was disallowed. Good to know that the foul was made on Taremi.
Anyway sofascore gave him a score of 8.5. It was the highest score after Luis Diaz that got 9. And as you said coach kept him and Diaz for 90 minutes.

homaie

Elite Member
Mar 1, 2003
NY/NJ in USA
Lyon increased offer for Zenit striker Sardar Azmoun
As reported by Foot Mercato, Lyon have increased their offer for Zenit’s Iranian striker Sardar Azmoun.

Having been chasing the player since last summer, OL have bid €4m for the forward who is their January transfer window priority target. Zenit had rejected OL’s previous offer and demanded a much higher fee while hoping Newcastle would drive the price up. The English club, however, have not been forthcoming.

A €5m for the 27-year-old will likely be accepted by the Russian side, say Foot Mercato, although the player’s contract is up at the end of the season and Lyon have positioned themselves to take advantage should it come to that. Azmoun has tallied 104 goals across 258 games for a trio of Russian clubs.
Lyon increased offer for Zenit striker Sardar Azmoun | Get French Football News (getfootballnewsfrance.com)
مدیر زنیت برای جدایی آزمون در ژانویه شرط گذاشت
الکساندر مدودف، مدیر باشگاه زنیت، تاکید کرد که آنها ابتدا باید برای سردار آزمون یک جایگزین پیدا کنند و در این صورت او می‌تواند در ژانویه این تیم را ترک کند.

به گزارش "ورزش سه"، سردار آزمون مهاجم ایرانی زنیت سن‌پترزبورگ آخرین فصل قرارداد خود در این تیم را پشت سر می گذارد و به نظر می رسد که برنامه ای برای تمدید با تیم روسیه ای داشته باشد. از طرفی گفته می‌شود که تیم لیون فرانسه به شکل جدی خواهان جذب این ستاره گلزن ایرانی است اما به نظر می رسد که درصورت عدم یافتن جایگزین توسط زنیت، آزمون در زمستان از این تیم جدا نخواهد شد.

الکساندر مدودف، رئیس باشگاه زنیت، در مصاحبه ای با اسپورت اکسپرس این موضوع را تایید کرده و می‌گوید: "اگر نتوانیم بازیکنی با اختلاف سطح کم هم نسبت به سردار آزمون به خدمت بگیریم، او در نقل و انتقالات زمستانی تیم را ترک نخواهد کرد."

Last edited:

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well Juventus, Milan, Newcastle, Liverpool or whoever, need to f***ing act or else he is stolen by the underwhelming Lyon.

uhl

Jun 20, 2021
Well Juventus, Milan, Newcastle, Liverpool or whoever, need to f***ing act or else he is stolen by the underwhelming Lyon.
A journalist close to Juve (Mirko Di Natale) is reporting that Lyon offered Zenit 3m for Azmoun while Zenit is asking for 20m. I doubt Zenit will even consider such a low number.

Juve is also interested in Sassuolo striker Gianluca Scamacca so the Azmoun situation could just be a rumor to pressure Sassuolo to make a deal. Knowing how Juve have done business in the past this wouldn't surprise me. But hopefully it's real.

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
Honestly this Azmoun saga has been going on for some years now! I feel like we are dealing with the deja vu story "The lying Shepard"! I feel bad for Azmoun...
3 years ago Azmoun was still a good talent, clubs had to pay like $30M to buy a high risk high reward kind of opportunity.
Now he is more or less an international second tier star with true potential to even get better, and more importantly he is a free agent when COVID has hit club financials hard. Without the need to pay $30-50M upfront for a player of his caliber, he is a no brainer for a lot of clubs who are in dire need for forwards due to injuries and that is why the list includes Lyon, Newcastle and now Juve.

My guess is this time it is true. Also I think this is a better window for him than summer transfer when more clubs are interested but without pressure.

Oct 18, 2010
According to Di Marzio (reliable Italian source). Azmoun is linked to Juventus following yesterday's Chiesa season long injury. Juve are having problems with scoring following Ronaldo's departure in the summer and they are not in a good financial situation so this can really happen.

i doubt any eu team will have the guts to do it but if you go for azmoun
then you have to go and get taremi too.
for about $40-50m that lucky team will have the top striking duo in next year's
champions league (y)

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
WTH....Saman has played well every time he's been subbed in. How come he doesn't start regularly?!

From a European cup star in Östersund with lots of interest from different European teams to a sub in Brentford! All because he made a mistake with Östersund in the end of his time there.

If he had gone to Spain, I'm sure he would have been much more successful by now.