Legionnaires Updates and News, 2021-2022 season

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Poor Niazmand. He was extremely weak on Taremi's 3rd goal and also Porto's 6th goal. He should have saved both of them.

He doesn't get playing time and when he does, it's against Porto. It feels as if the club wanted to have an excuse to get rid of him.

Anyways...... at this point I doubt he will get playing time any time soon. I had always high hopes for him in Europe but now I think maybe it is better for his career to go back to Iran. At least he was consistently one of our top 3 goalies there. He seems to have lost his touch by lack of playing time now.

As for Taremi, 6 more goals and he'll reach the top of the scoring chart. How many games are left to play this season?

oghabealborz

Elite Member
Feb 18, 2005
Strawberry field
Poor Niazmand. He was extremely weak on Taremi's 3rd goal and also Porto's 6th goal. He should have saved both of them.

He doesn't get playing time and when he does, it's against Porto. It feels as if the club wanted to have an excuse to get rid of him.

Anyways...... at this point I doubt he will get playing time any time soon. I had always high hopes for him in Europe but now I think maybe it is better for his career to go back to Iran. At least he was consistently one of our top 3 goalies there. He seems to have lost his touch by lack of playing time now.

As for Taremi, 6 more goals and he'll reach the top of the scoring chart. How many games are left to play this season?
Poor goalkeepers, always get the blame...
I only saw him make one mistake on the cross that Pepe scored with a header .
Rest of them none his fault , sometimes you get lucky and save those close range shots and headers and most times you don't but very close to the ball like today for Niazmand , he had a few good saves that was buried under a tonn of goals.
Nevertheless he still showed good attitude and kept his chin up to the end and saved a few balls.

Ali N.

Aug 3, 2004

Yeah, I felt bad for Niazmand too. He didn't have a good performance... I am not sure if Portimense will get rid of him by end of this season, there is no reason for it! They have to look at the overall performance of the whole team, highlights were nothing but pure dominance of Porto in this game... very weak defending, they had nothing to offer!
As for Taremi, very happy for him! Not sure why he's so far behind Benfica striker... I think even if he doesn't finish as top goal scorer, he still has done a good job

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Well just saw the whole game.... Taremi had a tremendous game. Porto's 7th goal came after Taremi hit the post and the loose ball went to coach's son before the latter assisted the goal.

Niazmand saved a few balls that came right at him but none of his long passes reached a Portimonese player. The commentator said he didn't know why he started the game ahead of their regular keeper. He hadn't heard that their regular keeper was injured or anything. He speculated that maybe it was because they knew they were gonna lose big against Porto so they didn't want their main keeper to lose confidence. 😃

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
I don't know when the guy keeps saying "the Mehdi Taremi" is more funny or annoying.
What kind of report is that? Repeatedly asking the question you know the answer of, and hearing the answer you like to hear.