Life in Europe / Middle East for a north American

May 21, 2003
hi all.

Nowroozetoon mobarak. I might have the opportunity to move to a location of my choice in either europe or the middle east as an IT consultant. One of the first things I'm expecting to be asked is where I will be relocating to from my current home in north america.

I have never lived in eurpoe and haven't even traveled there much, though thanks to the internet I have good basic knowledge about most countries there. I need your opinion on countries and cities that you find appealing if you already had a job and made enough money for basic living.

some facts about me:

engaged, no kids.

HATE: winter, snow, rain, flat lands, busy and dirty cities, apartments(although I may not have a choice with my budget), taxes, party destinations, clubbing, racism/discrimination and public transit.

LIKE: beaches, moderate and sometimes hot climate, mountains, peaceful and scenic cities, high speed internet, beautiful women, historic sites, tolerant people, football (soccer), stadiums, cozy houses, driving my own car everywhere.

I can only speak English and Farsi but am eager to learn a new language once among people who speak it.

I'm also aware that financially Dubai is my best bet due to the tax-free salary in addition to the house and car allowance. This would enable me to save some serious money, but I'm willing to put this option aside for a couple of years in order to experience life in a more cultured environment.

Your opinion is much appreciated.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
if you are engaged why do you still like beautiful women .
btw i think your best bet is middle east , buy some properties in south of lebanone , there is action, nice food ,beautiful women . i don't know the fast internet over . you have mountain ,beach .

Behrooz_C

Elite Member
Dec 10, 2005
A small island west of Africa
Australia.

What gets me about the US is the healthcare, and the lack of protection for the worker. You could get fired on the spot without any notice or legam protection.
This is not the case in Europe where you are well protected, healthcare wise and in terms of employment. But decent countries in Europe are cold which you said you want to avoid. Medditereanean countries are chaotic and lawless as they are only good as holiday destination or if you have enough money to live there as jobs are scarce.

So try Australia or Dubai.

May 21, 2003
Thanks for your responses. Payanjan are you saying married and engaged men should only care for ugly women?

Behroozjan Australia is not an option.

Feb 18, 2004
Tough call. Given that there is no near perfect place on earth, I would say Dubai might be your best option. Good luck!

Asha

Ball Boy
Sep 30, 2010
Given your choices I would suggest either Qatar or maybe Bahrain if the political situation comes down there. I don't think UAE is as good as the other Persian Gulf countries.

Dec 12, 2002
usa
hassan agha , first of all how did get that aghauser with 400 posts, by this forum rule
6000 post over then you can use tilte agha
7000 khan
8000 soltan
10000 king
15000 ostore
25000 shanasname of site
welcome, you said you are engaged but you like beautiful women ,it didn't go together .however only uglness are iranian hezi women .
all the women are beautiful ,some have more charm .some are better person etc .
your post was funny i guess .in good sense .

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
hi all.

some facts about me:

engaged, no kids.

HATE: winter, snow, rain, flat lands, busy and dirty cities, apartments(although I may not have a choice with my budget), taxes, party destinations, clubbing, racism/discrimination and public transit.

LIKE: beaches, moderate and sometimes hot climate, mountains, peaceful and scenic cities, high speed internet, beautiful women, historic sites, tolerant people, football (soccer), stadiums, cozy houses, driving my own car everywhere.
Don't move to Europe then..nothing personal. But if you hate public transport, don't move to Europe.

Oct 19, 2002
I am no expert when it comes to Europe but a few people that I have talked to loved living in these countries:

Spain
Italy
Portugal
Turkey
Greece( just know that almost everyone smokes in Greece)

the problem with europe is that smoking is so natural for them like drinking water and you can't get away from the fumes.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
From your choices, I also think your best bet is Dubai. Just go there and don't even think about it anymore. As you said you'd earn a lot of money. With a western passport, as I've heard, you can also be treated like king. Again that's just what I've heard. However be prepared to see the name of Arabic gulf on the maps all the times.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
I am no expert when it comes to Europe but a few people that I have talked to loved living in these countries:

Spain
Italy
Portugal
Turkey
Greece( just know that almost everyone smokes in Greece)

the problem with europe is that smoking is so natural for them like drinking water and you can't get away from the fumes.
smoking is already outlawed in most of europe..not as strict as in US but still.

Sly

Elite Member
Oct 18, 2002
Yeah, I bet it's mostly in Holland where people are allowed to smoke. The laws in Sweden has always been as strict as in the US if not even more.

BehzadB

Bench Warmer
Feb 18, 2006
Shooshtar
Southern Spain..

For example Marbella.. not too far from Malaga and Sevilla (in case you miss the scenes of a bigger city)

there are mountains, beaches, beautiful small towns along the sea, lots of sun, good food .. very hard to get tired of the surrounding.