light/soft Iranian songs...help is needed

dariush-44

Bench Warmer
Oct 15, 2004
I need some help from our Irooni music listeners. I'm helping set up an Iranian wedding ceremony tomorrow. I'm looking for a soft/light song that can be used with the introductory dance which is usually similar to a slow dance of the west.

Bacheha, I need some help. It's been a very long time that I've stopped listening to Iranian music so I'm not aware.

any songs you guys have in mind? I need to collect a whole bunch and then present them to the newly weds before the ceremony which is tomorrow.

btw, it can be from anyone, Vigen, whoever!

Jun 9, 2004
Canada
It has been a while for me too Dariush jaan... As far as a good slow Persian song with lyrics that would be appropriate for a first song and a little bit of a beat there definitely wasn't a whole lot back in the days, but here's a couple of potential candidates:

1 - Morteza, Naarafigh (Album: Gol Agha). This is a great "modern" song, but the beat is a little bit faster than your typical ballad, so the bride and the groom have to be good dancers ;)

2 - Hatef, Khabam Yaa Bidaram - originally by Googoosh (Album: Zange Tafrih).

If I can think of anything else, I'll let you know. Good luck...

Zob Ahan

Elite Member
Feb 4, 2005
Most of Siavash ghomeyshis songs are good for your purpose and also in Moeins newest album there are 3 or 4 songs that suits your ceremony.