lol dumb americans!!

Aug 21, 2005
next door
LOOL as i have said in another thread, as long as americans have their paycheck every month, their entertainment on the side (sports, reality tv, beers, strip clubs) they do not give a damn nor ask question about how everything they have is at a cost of others in the world. this is a very common theme about old and young. the only people that can put 2 and 2 together are the people in academy and higher education. otherwise americans only know few places in the world really good, Florida, Cancun, Acapulco, Bahamas.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
That's nothing, I lived in LA for 4 months in the summer one time and I met 2 girls who didn't know where Canada was. They had heard of it but they didn't know where it is. true story

the level of education / awareness in the US is just mind boggling...

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
LOOL as i have said in another thread, as long as americans have their paycheck every month, their entertainment on the side (sports, reality tv, beers, strip clubs) they do not give a damn nor ask question about how everything they have is at a cost of others in the world. this is a very common theme about old and young. the only people that can put 2 and 2 together are the people in academy and higher education. otherwise americans only know few places in the world really good, Florida, Cancun, Acapulco, Bahamas.
and you think it's very different in Europe among the uneducated? For one thing, those in the US with some education and coming from normal families are at least curious about the world around them and even if they don't know, they try to figure it out. Frankly, I can't say the same about Europe.

And sorry, but this is from a Russian TV station. Go to Russia and ask 6 people where Nebraska is or ask them to point Costa Rica on the map. Seriously..(go to anywhere in the world ask as many people as possible questions until you find 8 who say something very stupid, then you can create such a video)

Oct 18, 2010
come on it's clear these guys are putting the interviewer on. i say canadians are the most stupid in this continent. the most enlightened are costa ricans.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
there are only 10% of society that care about politics and direction of society ... the rest don't care and all countries are like that ...
when you live in society that living is much easier than a country like Iran, you inherently care less about society, at least for average uneducated individuals ...

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
well from my personal experience having lived in both Europe and North America (both Canada + USA) I have to disagree. Maybe I just had a bad sampling but North Americans (Canadians + Americans) know very little about the rest of the world compared to Europeans. my experience

Also the level of education in the United States specially for an average person is truly abysmal. I'm not talking about post secondary education.

Also one has to take into account the level of information and knowledge freely available and easily accessible to the public in a country like USA compare to for example Iran or Russia.

IEI

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2002
well from my personal experience having lived in both Europe and North America (both Canada + USA) I have to disagree. Maybe I just had a bad sampling but North Americans (Canadians + Americans) know very little about the rest of the world compared to Europeans. my experience

Also the level of education in the United States specially for an average person is truly abysmal. I'm not talking about post secondary education.
The media and corporations want to make people stay fool and ignorant ...
If average American only care about Britney Spears fashion and the type of beer they drink, then they don't have to care about the war, famine, and ....
America is separated from all other continents and the media has so much power over people ... an average American watched 4-5 hours of TV everyday ...
They are exposed to lies of CNN and Fox channel ...
Yet there are some very well aware people in America, people who know a lot about the world ... but it is hard when all aspect of society is controlled with these massive media and corporations.

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik

Also one has to take into account the level of information and knowledge freely available and easily accessible to the public in a country like USA compare to for example Iran or Russia.
well, we need to define first what the rest of the world would be. In general, I would say that most European countries have a better level of general education and schools in most countries, let's leave out Spain as an example, are good enough to teach you the most basic stuff and you get a general understanding of a lot of things.
Here's the thing though, Europeans are not really interested in too many things. Europeans have an approach that they already know things. Americans on the other hand..from my experience at least...if they don't know, they will get curious about it. The whole element of curiosity and getting interested about things is the key element I put on why the US has been ruling for the past 100 years. Matter of fact is that you have dumb people everywhere. From my own personal experience, I have met the most obnoxious and dumb people ever in Paris. A friend of mine from Gijon told me about a trip of his to Seville where he told a guy that he is Asturian, lives in Gijon and studies in Oviedo(Oviedo being half an hour from Gijon and Asturias the region) and the guy thought that he is from one country, lives in another and works in a third country. That's an actual experience not something you see in a clip by a Russian TV station trying to portray some kind of intellectual superiority they think they have.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
The media and corporations want to make people stay fool and ignorant ...
If average American only care about Britney Spears fashion and the type of beer they drink, then they don't have to care about the war, famine, and ....
America is separated from all other continents and the media has so much power over people ... an average American watched 4-5 hours of TV everyday ...
They are exposed to lies of CNN and Fox channel ...
Yet there are some very well aware people in America, people who know a lot about the world ... but it is hard when all aspect of society is controlled with these massive media and corporations.
well yeah thats exactly the point

Kian Pars

Elite Member
Dec 9, 2005
there are only 10% of society that care about politics and direction of society ... the rest don't care and all countries are like that ...
when you live in society that living is much easier than a country like Iran, you inherently care less about society, at least for average uneducated individuals ...
Questions like "where a country is located" are geography questions, not politic questions.

R.BAGGIO

National Team Player
Oct 19, 2002
Toronto
well, we need to define first what the rest of the world would be. In general, I would say that most European countries have a better level of general education and schools in most countries, let's leave out Spain as an example, are good enough to teach you the most basic stuff and you get a general understanding of a lot of things.
Here's the thing though, Europeans are not really interested in too many things. Europeans have an approach that they already know things. Americans on the other hand..from my experience at least...if they don't know, they will get curious about it. The whole element of curiosity and getting interested about things is the key element I put on why the US has been ruling for the past 100 years. Matter of fact is that you have dumb people everywhere. From my own personal experience, I have met the most obnoxious and dumb people ever in Paris. A friend of mine from Gijon told me about a trip of his to Seville where he told a guy that he is Asturian, lives in Gijon and studies in Oviedo(Oviedo being half an hour from Gijon and Asturias the region) and the guy thought that he is from one country, lives in another and works in a third country. That's an actual experience not something you see in a clip by a Russian TV station trying to portray some kind of intellectual superiority they think they have.
well yes, there are very well educated and intelligent Americans. As a matter of fact, I would say a disproportionate percentage of the most innovative and intelligent people in the world are educated in American universities. I don't think we should mix up the issues. Yes the smartest professors I've ever had were educated in America and most of the people I look up to intellectually and believe the most are Americans but as far the average population goes It's a different story.

However the average American I would argue is kept in the dark and in most cases is just plain ignorant when It comes to vital world issues compared to the average Northern European (German, English, Scandinavian, etc).

As far as RT and Russia go, yes I think you are right on the money. I would wager that you will have a way easier time finding 10 Russians that make the people in the above interview look like Einstein. So maybe Russia Today can do a similar thing in Russia and see what they find. As far as them having an agenda, there is no question that they do but I honestly do not have an agenda against Americans or Canadians. In fact I love America and what it is supposed to stand for and even to this day I think Americans given their power and wealth have been the most constructive superpower in the history of the world.

I haven't lived in Spain and my Spanish is rudimentary and as you know Spanish people are not the best English speakers so from the couple of times I've been to Spain I can't really form an opinion since I can't really communicate with the people that well anyways.

Last edited:

ME

Elite Member
Nov 2, 2002
why the hell some dude from Ohio should know where Lybia is? Do people in Iran know where Mosambique is on the map or who the president of Ireland is or where the capital of Laos is? Us population like anywhere else is made of an spectrum of people with different levels of knowledge. The big difference is that unlike our side of the world for the most part, there are exteemely aware people in charge of academics and think tanks, and private sector business.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
lool@ that middle-aged couple not knowing Iran's President and saying "he just died"!!I wished!!!lool

why the hell some dude from Ohio should know where Lybia is? Do people in Iran know where Mosambique is on the map or who the president of Ireland is or where the capital of Laos is? Us population like anywhere else is made of an spectrum of people with different levels of knowledge. The big difference is that unlike our side of the world for the most part, there are exteemely aware people in charge of academics and think tanks, and private sector business.
Yes they would Hamid jan..ppl in Iran, even if they go through the most basic education(grade 1-12), they have mandatory world geography, like we did, where we'd have to distinguish and locate the most isolated countries/islands in the world + their capitals. It doesnt have to do with its politics, but its common knowledge to know where each country is located.

Here in Canada, subject of geography is so basic that I find it ironic that a Chinese kid knows where China is(bc his parents have thought about it) but he doesnt know where Canada is located in World map and cannot even name Canada's provinces!!

Mahdi

Elite Member
Jan 1, 1970
Mjunik
lool@ that middle-aged couple not knowing Iran's President and saying "he just died"!!I wished!!!lool

Yes they would Hamid jan..ppl in Iran, even if they go through the most basic education(grade 1-12), they have mandatory world geography, like we did, where we'd have to distinguish and locate the most isolated countries/islands in the world + their capitals. It doesnt have to do with its politics, but its common knowledge to know where each country is located.
without looking up Google, what's the capital of Michigan? And if you happen to know, please ask the same question to someone in Iran. Come on...FFS, half of people in Iran don't even know the difference between Austria and Germany and you tell stuff like that. And where did you go to school in Iran? In Teheran somewhere in a good area or in Gonbad or Gorgan? Seriously

Aug 21, 2005
next door
they need to know about lybia because they are involved there, we do not need to know about mosambique cause we do not have anything there and no interest. same with ireland and laos.

all i am saying is that compare to your average joe, iranians in iran know more about their surrounding then them. your average joe does not give a damn about anything but "HIMSELF". in North american it is all about "ME". as long as "ME" is happy, who cares if people die over there and get killed. that is what is bad about US especially. that is why there is a greed epidemic among companies, individuals etc........ it is all ME, ME , ME.

at least in Europe people are more conscious about their surrounding and environment.