LOL!The mayor of tehran (aka AN) chosen as "shahrvandeh nemooneh"

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
People don't forget AhmadiNejad also designed Freedom Square in Tehran when he was 10 years old. :)

But seriouly, AhmadiNejad cintribution are
1. Building a few dozens toilets around Tehran.
2. Placing water fontains in some location of Tehran.
3. Gave marriage loans to people probably he knew.
4. Gave as many as bogus or some real profitable projects to IRGC business branch.
5. Tried and failed to have IRGC to build a multi billion dollars monorail in Tehran (a miscalculation state ministery opposed).
6. Tried and failed to bury 'shohadA' in major squares of the city.
7. Replaced 300 of top municipal managers of Tehran (from Karbaschi period) with his so called IRGC buddies and Basijis ideologue.
Pretencious behavior is AhmadiNejad and 'Hojattieh' second nature.

Failed miserably in collecting Tehran snows left them to melt down.
Failed miserbaly in flood control, let it run off in days with much damages left behind.
failed miserably in Traffic control, one thing he should have knew a thing or two about since his awarded Phd is in that field.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
yeh the streets in these pictures are clean in 2004 and 2005 because of Shah and Karbaschi. The new roads and trees in place in 2004 and 2005 also done by Shah and Karbaschi. Tehran metro dragging its feet for more than 25 years and suddenly getting finished after Ahmadinejad took control merely a coincidence.

A city of 15 million running and functioning has been managed by itself and by managers out of office for more than 2 years. You guys are funny.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
First priority of anyone claiming to want to help people is to respect their votes and wants.
It seems so called 'AbAdgarAn' want to force and impose themselves to help. WOW.
Besides a few toilets, 'sagha khooneh', wedding loans, and pretending to sweeping the streets, nothing were accomplished by the 3% city council and their mayor.
This is also taken in Farvardin of 1384, while the 3% city council and its mayor were in charge.
Flood control was nonexistance.

آبادگرانی كه تهران را بدست گرفته اند، می‌خواهند با رفتن به كاخ رياست جمهوری، ايران را سراسر تهران كنند. اين گوشه‌ای از نواحی مركزی متمايل به شمال تهران است. شهردار تلاشگر و آبادگر تهران كه محبوب محفل قتل‌های زنجيره ايست می‌خواهد رئيس جمهور ش

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
first, your one picture doesn't prove anything. it could mean that the street cleaners had not gotten to cleaning that part yet, or it could mean one part of a city of 15 million was missed. But my pictures prove that those streets were cleaned to very respectable level given the overwhelming population of the city.

second, to claim that Ahmadinejad has done nothing but set up "saghaa khooneh" and public toilet as mayor of Tehran is just a comic comment because any serious person would simply ask who then managed this city of 15 million for the past 2 years? and unless your willing to say that the city simply managed itself (and porduced the pictures that I posted) then you better give some credit where it's due.

btw, don't try to mix and confuse issues here by bringing up "ghatl hayeh zanjirehei". you're claiming that Ahmadinejad didn't do anything for city of Tehran other than build toilets and I'm challenging you on that claim and then you bring up political assassinations? what does one have to do with the other?

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
First, not all Tehran (15 millions) is managed by AhmadiNejad. Second, northern streets of Tehran always look as good.
Third, instead of Tehran 24 pictures which by the way always posts nicest photos from northern part, please elaborate on AhmadiNejad and his 3% votes city council members accomplishments.
As I said, AhmadiNejad upon his tenure fired 300 managers irrespective of their merit to replace them with his Basij and IRGC buddies. Tehrani residents are the best judges of last two years (but that is for when you go back). .
A mayor's job is not to give low interest loan to unmarried couples, or listen to their family feuds but to resolve traffic issues, to collect garbage in contained trucks not open with a poor guy sitting on the top, to clear the snow from streets, to control floods by clearing the water ways and sweages and not to convert Bahman Hall to a praying lot.
Ask people in Tehran to name a few things Ahmadinejad did (by the way he had his lowest presidential votes in Ardebil province where he was governor for several years and people knew his accomplishments well there) and a few things Karbaschi did, then you see who made the real difference in people's life. Of course, 'Saggha khooneh and toilet" are good to have too. I think everybody should be expected to accomplish up to his/her ability.
Sadly, we will see AhmadiNejad 'Shah-kAr" for Iran before long too. Although, I consider him a lackey of religious right, 'nokar-e be ekhtiAr". There is rumored, he wants to spend $5 billion dollars from National Reserve to imort fruits, vegetables, and meat. We will see how this temporary band-aid (taking oil money to dinner table) is going to do to inflation and agricultural productivity of Iran while increasing poverty among farmers, this is another way of building toilets, implicitely.

ashtar

National Team Player
Aug 17, 2003
mowj said:
First, not all Tehran (15 millions) is managed by AhmadiNejad.
what number would you say it is. Whatever number you say would be in millions and still significant.

Second, northern streets of Tehran always look as good.
what, by themselves? you don't think they need a manager to keep it looking "good" and nice? You think the people of northern Tehran don't produce any trash?

Third, instead of Tehran 24 pictures which by the way always posts nicest photos from northern part, please elaborate on AhmadiNejad and his 3% votes city council members accomplishments.
I can also ask you to instead of simply posting pictures of toilets and "aftaabeh" (which btw has nothing to do with Ahmadinejad) to post some nice pictures from Tehran 24. BTW, not all pictures are from Tehran 24. And I have posted pictures of Tehran's pollution and traffic (I think my record shows that I'm a little less bias than some other members here).

As I said, AhmadiNejad upon his tenure fired 300 managers irrespective of their merit to replace them with his Basij and IRGC buddies.
I'm sorry but before Ahmadinejad became mayor people like yourself were accusing those same 300 managers as being incompetent, unqualified and "nokar e dastgah" and IRI agents, etc. Now all of a sudden they were great managers? Ahmadinejad and his managers have done at least the same amount of work for the city of Tehran as their predecessors if not more.

Tehrani residents are the best judges of last two years (but that is for when you go back). .
I have been back. Have you? Next time why don't you take a trip to S. Tehran and see the roads he has built and the "fazaayeh sabz" that he has created there and the dumpsters that he has cleaned during his tenure.

A mayor's job is not to give low interest loan to unmarried couples, or listen to their family feuds but to resolve traffic issues, to collect garbage in contained trucks not open with a poor guy sitting on the top, to clear the snow from streets, to control floods by clearing the water ways and sweages and not to convert Bahman Hall to a praying lot.
It's also his job be connected to the people he is serving and to listen to the citizen's daily concerns and complaints as they pretain to the city. Given his budget I say he didn't do too bad in clearing the snow and water ways either.

Ask people in Tehran to name a few things Ahmadinejad did (by the way he had his lowest presidential votes in Ardebil province where he was governor for several years and people knew his accomplishments well there) and a few things Karbaschi did, then you see who made the real difference in people's life. Of course, 'Saggha khooneh and toilet" are good to have too. I think everybody should be expected to accomplish up to his/her ability.
It's also interesting that some of his highest votes came from S. Tehran.

Sadly, we will see AhmadiNejad 'Shah-kAr" for Iran before long too. Although, I consider him a lackey of religious right, 'nokar-e be ekhtiAr". There is rumored, he wants to spend $5 billion dollars from National Reserve to imort fruits, vegetables, and meat. We will see how this temporary band-aid (taking oil money to dinner table) is going to do to inflation and agricultural productivity of Iran while increasing poverty among farmers, this is another way of building toilets, implicitely.
may be, may be not. I'm not prepared to judge someone based on rumors or speculations about what they might do in the future.

mowj

National Team Player
May 14, 2005
Ashtar, beautifying a city and maintaining it, building parks, paving streets, new autobans, are all the legacy of Karbaschi's modern, efficient, and caring management style. Neither I nor anyone else who has lived in Isfahan or Tehran has anyhting to say but praise for Karbaschi and his team of managers for what they accomplish in two large cities of Iran.

AhmadiNejad, had even larger budget than his predecessors not only due to better tax collection (thanks to state), state financial help to capital Tehran, but selling lands as well, but irrespective he miserably failed in flood and snow control, traffic management, and to some degree even garbage collection.

No it is not the mayor's job to act as a wellfare department, his job and what he is hired for is to to run the city and leave the wellfare to social workers. But again, pretencious behaviour is a trademark of 'Hojattieh and associates.
We all know how he got his presidential votes, it was vote rigging organized by IRGC and Basij illegal acts (admitted by Khatami, Rafsanjani, Karubi, Moin,..) and as AhmadiNejad mentor, MesbahYazdi put it "hands of Imam Zaman."
So, if the IRI officials after the facts, decided to ignore the wide spread vote rigging and cheating for sake of regim survival, people don't have to forget their initial comments.
Anyway, one need to wait a few more years before judging AhmadiNejad and his 3% voted city council conducts eventhough they benefited greatly from initial works and foundations Karbaschi laid in both cities, but it takes just a short longer to see if they could add positively anything to his legacy or reversed his initial improvements.
Of course, AhmadiNejad himself will be under bigger magnifier as president. By the way, the rumor (probably even very true for populist agenda) of $5 billion imports is from 'BaztAb' close to IRGC and religious right.

May 2, 2003
Ashtar jan,
I must admit that I agree with most of the things you say. I live in Tehran myself and it is not an easy task running a city of this size. I don't like to see "ya hossein" designed in the middle of a green space but atleast there is a green space maintained (which is not easy in the middle of the summer). Also I really like the "dor bagardans". I see the result everyday and it has really helped the traffic flow (especially on chamran). Anyways, just wanted to add my 2 cents.