Look what they are doing to our beloved F-4

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
There is not an Iranian of a certain age who doesn't have a soft spot for the glorious F-4. Sadly, it has come to this. Keep tissues handy.

[video=youtube;xISpZYajveA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xISpZYajveA#t=201[/video]

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
Iran for better or worse has become the Air and Space Smithsonian of the Middle East. I think the only flying Boeing 707 is in the Iran Air fleet. There are aviation buffs all around the world who would pay good money to fly on these relics. There is good money to be made. As for the F-4, it probably STILL beats the air force of many third world countries.

LDPC

Bench Warmer
Dec 23, 2003
Funny! Actually, around 4:25 the F-4 appears to evade the Sidewinder.
Yeah, that was a cheerful moment. Don't know why but I think F-4 is so beautiful. I used to make paper planes and fold the wings imitating F-4 as a kid (the other way) . May be it is only beautiful for us who have experienced Iran-Iraq war. I have the same feeling for F-14.

We should buy a lot of F-18 super hornets after being friendly with Hussein Barakallah (sounds Azeri to me) and give them to our F-4's to shoot down!!!!!!!

Flint

Legionnaire
Jan 28, 2006
United States
We are not alone. F-4 Phantom has a huge following among aviation buffs. It is the 56 Chevy of fighters to many. Beautiful, unmistakable lines with a glorious past. Motori should correct me if it was shot down by a Sidewinder or a Sparrow. Here is from the comments:

"Man, This is messed up! I worked on both the F-4 with the 4th TFW and the f-15 with the 48th FIS from 1980-85. To see the Phantom going down in flames is not easy to watch; as I wipe the tears from my eyes.."