Looking for a new car

Asus

Bench Warmer
Jul 24, 2004
Montreal Canada
Hey guys im looking for a new car i have a budget of around 12000$ to spend on the new used car something from 2005and up... i been driving a Toyota corolla 97 for couple years now its been very reliable car for me but i had an accident couple days ago and because my insurance is one way for that car i dont want to pay and repare it.

i was thinking of maybe Elentra or mazda 3 something in that range i dont think i want to buy another corolla or civic . so i would love to hear any suggestion from you guys :)

btw i saw a Sonata 2005 today with only 35000km on it for 9500$ in a very good condition but i think i can negotionat for the price or make him include some winter tires or something anyway what you guys think ?

PJ

IPL Player
Oct 18, 2002
Why don't you buy a new car? You can probably get 0% financing and pay the same money over a long time. Get a Camry instead.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
I would take Mazda3 over any other Japanese car. I am not a big fan of Japanese car but Mazda 3 is a great car for the price. Don't get Elentra .
Bijan Jan, I had the worst experience with Mazda 3 and will never ever buy one if they even give it to me for 5000. I hate it.

I bought the car and right after the warranty expired, at 53000 mile,the transmition blow up on me and cost me 3 grand to fix it.

To make the long story short, I had to sell the damn thing and lost almost 45% of my original investement in this car in 2 years !!!

Jul 5, 2008
Melbourne
:D My mom's got it, its a really girly car, they are SOO POPULAR here in Melbourne.
Its been out for less then a year, and its EVERYWHERE, literally EVERYWHERE...
Guys, girls, teenagers everyone drives one, you would easily see 10-20 of these on a 15 minute drive in Melbourne..its crazy

Its a really good car for a new price of around $17.000 drive away..
And to be honest, its not a bad looking car.

Oct 18, 2002
704 Houser
Bijan Jan, I had the worst experience with Mazda 3 and will never ever buy one if they even give it to me for 5000. I hate it.

I bought the car and right after the warranty expired, at 53000 mile,the transmition blow up on me and cost me 3 grand to fix it.

To make the long story short, I had to sell the damn thing and lost almost 45% of my original investement in this car in 2 years !!!
That sucks. I own a mazda3 and so far I haven't had any issues with it. But I've heard scary things about the newer Corollas. And I despise civics. I've heard good things about the new lancers though.

shahinc

Legionnaire
May 8, 2005
That sucks. I own a mazda3 and so far I haven't had any issues with it. But I've heard scary things about the newer Corollas. And I despise civics. I've heard good things about the new lancers though.
Good Luck Dostet Aziz, I hope you have better luck with your Mazda 3 than I did.

sarang

Bench Warmer
Nov 10, 2007
Newcastle
:D My mom's got it, its a really girly car, they are SOO POPULAR here in Melbourne.
Its been out for less then a year, and its EVERYWHERE, literally EVERYWHERE...
Guys, girls, teenagers everyone drives one, you would easily see 10-20 of these on a 15 minute drive in Melbourne..its crazy

Its a really good car for a new price of around $17.000 drive away..
And to be honest, its not a bad looking car.

nissan micra a big no no i had it for my first car i sold it got Toyota Yaris insted its pretty good car or Honda Civic not the new one 2004 below i love the civic and 307,207 good cars as well depends what you lookin for in a car tho

Oct 16, 2002
DarvAze DoolAb
www.iransportspress.com
Well Mazda 3 has a pretty good record so far (there are always exceptions)

As for Civic, it's still the queen of compact sedans. Fun and reliable and extremely cheap to repair.

You wanna save money and be smart? Buy a Pontiac Vibe. It's the exact same car as a Toyota Matrix with a Corolla engine in it.

Niloufar

Football Legend
Oct 19, 2002
Nissan Micra?????? In NA???? HAHAHAHAHHAHAA!

Asus...go for Honda Civic...it's a dull car but it works well in NA and it's the best you can get for 12K.
no dude, Honda Civic is the car to stay away from. It has the highest record among automobiles for getting stolen in North America and its insurance premium is very high.

Asus jan, as others said its actually the best time to buy now, with great financing rates. but Toyota Camry, Avalon are great choices. Toyota Prius is the most fuel-efficient car but all these are around $20-30k. but I guess u can get Used Toyota Yaris, or VW Golf for that budget now?

Mr Thick

IPL Player
Oct 21, 2002
Depends, i would say go for the civic at that budget or any toyota.....Mazda 3 sucks...its got a noisy engine and cant move to save its life...JAPANESE CARS ALL THE WAY.