loosing more respect for hillary for every day that goes

May 12, 2007
Obama wants to put Iran under strong sanctions. McCain wants to attack. These
are facts. But Clinton says Us must attack under certain conditions.
Russia has today accepted to sanction iran. Later sanctions may be larger.
so I think Iran is in trouble with any of them.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyHJZxNm-Cg"]YouTube - Barack Obama on Iran[/ame]

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
I never had respect for her!! Never! Her husband was probably the best president in the U.S history but she will become one of the worst!

Obama is all class and should and will be president (hopefully)

Bijan

Khoshteep

National Team Player
May 11, 2003
Ye rooz inja Ye rooz oonjaa
I just cant see Obama good or bad gets elected by the majority white America. Choosing him IMO means a republican president for the next 4 years. Although if she keeps on till the convention it could mean that we will wind up with the highly regarded Al Gore as the democratic candidate which would be the best choice

Arsenal

National Team Player
Apr 11, 2003
BWI/PHL
www.arsenalamerica.com
Obama is all class and should and will be president (hopefully)

Bijan
See Bijan jan, the thing is that if he doesn't win it now, his chances are severly diminished especially if Clinton winds up taking the November general election. In that case, it would be another 8 years and tons can happen until then. This is his chance now.

raminio05

National Team Player
I personally don't like Hillary, but when you consider the facts of the general election she actually has a better chance of winning. This election, like the last two, will come down to a handful of swing states. Obama's problem is that he has failed to get traction with any of the constituencies that decide those contests.

Beginning in March with the Wright fiasco, then Bitter Gate, and even the Bill Ayers issue, the halo around Obama has been more or less obliterated. He has also been shown to have major difficulties attracting Hispanic, Jewish, elderly, and blue collar white voters. Without these demos he stands little chance of winning the all important swing states like Florida, Ohio, New Mexico, Iowa and even Pennsylvania and Michigan.

Obama's major support base right now are the liberal whites, the college crowd, and the Black community; but all three groups tend to vote democrat regardless of who's running. Working class whites aren't as partisan though. Democrats traditionally lose elections when they lose the working class white vote by more than 10 points. Kerry lost that demo by 17 points. With the recent Jeremiah Wright scandal and his own "bitter" comments I would be surprised if Obama manages to do any better with that crowd. In fact, I would guess he will do worse. The economy will pull some of those people in, but I'm afraid it won't be enough to keep the loss margin within 10 points.
And the problem with Obamas major support base is that these three groups have a tendency to talk big, but they forget to vote on election day in the general election.

In my opinion, Obama is the better of the two evils, so I hope that he wins. But with McCain and his recent "promise for clean campaigning", Obama has lost his edge on being a "different" kind of politician. I'm not too optimistic of his chances against McCain, and another 4 years of the same ol' crap is disturbing to say the least.

eshghi

News Team
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
BTW: I think Obama will be the next Democratic Presidential Nominee but unfortunately if he doesn't pick Hillary as running mate then we should get ready for inauguration of President John McCain. During national debates old goats of republican party will tear Obama apart if he decides to face them without Hillary/Bill.
... which is also sadly my prediction Motori jAn. In the very unlikely event that Hillary gets the nomination, a very large percentage of Obama supporters will sit out the general election. Obama is more likely to get the votes of Clinton supporters, but only that of lifelong, die-hard Democrats. A lot of so-called independent voters who flocked to Clinton camp in search of an alternative to Republicans are likely to cast their votes for McCain at the very last minute. Race issue is still quite alive and well in this country, and sadly there are still a very large number of whites who will prefer the "old-guard" against a black candidate in the end.

BTW, if you thought the "reverend" and "bitter" affairs were harsh on Obama, wait till the good old republican smear-tactic machine goes into motion. Unless these guys go on the same ticket together, we can all look forward to at least four more years of the same continuing shit.

Bijans

Legionnaire
Oct 18, 2002
San Diego, CA
See Bijan jan, the thing is that if he doesn't win it now, his chances are severly diminished especially if Clinton winds up taking the November general election. In that case, it would be another 8 years and tons can happen until then. This is his chance now.
Arsenal jaan, believe it or not he will get the nomination and Gore will run as his vice president!! Mark my words!!

Hillary has nothing to offer.. Mccain is just.. well... forget him!!

Bijan

IranZamin

IPL Player
Feb 17, 2006
Gore is way too high profile to run as second fiddle to anybody.

Obama will get the nomination but his running mate will most likely be someone from a swing state like Ohio or Iowa.

iranissick

Bench Warmer
Dec 10, 2005
london, on
In my opinion, Obama is the better of the two evils, so I hope that he wins. But with McCain and his recent "promise for clean campaigning", Obama has lost his edge on being a "different" kind of politician. I'm not too optimistic of his chances against McCain, and another 4 years of the same ol' crap is disturbing to say the least.
better of the two evils? that sort of statement is reserved for certain people and certain situations and imo it certainly does not apply in Obama's case... in fact something on the other side of the spectrum would be more appropriate to describe him.

and Obama's edge is far greater than clean campaigning. the clean campaigning is not a planned strategy, it simply reflects the kind of person obama is and his level of intellect and humanity.

McCain may attempt to replicate it, but have you seen the man speak? in terms of intellect he's far closer to George W. and should not be mentioned alongside Obama.

and McCain the other day said that it's clear who Hamas would like to become president of America making a reference to Obama. This is not so-called clean campaigning and Obama, referencing his identical policy in regards to Hamas as McCain's, responded by saying McCain is "losing his bearings in pursuit of the nomination". which i thought to be a great response.

In conclusion the main reason i felt the need to respond to this post is because I found this statement "But with McCain and his recent "promise for clean campaigning", Obama has lost his edge on being a "different" kind of politician." absolutely ridiculous.

raminio05

National Team Player
better of the two evils? that sort of statement is reserved for certain people and certain situations and imo it certainly does not apply in Obama's case... in fact something on the other side of the spectrum would be more appropriate to describe him.

and Obama's edge is far greater than clean campaigning. the clean campaigning is not a planned strategy, it simply reflects the kind of person obama is and his level of intellect and humanity.

McCain may attempt to replicate it, but have you seen the man speak? in terms of intellect he's far closer to George W. and should not be mentioned alongside Obama.

My better of the two evils comment was directed towards the race between Obama and Clinton, not Obama/McCain.
and McCain the other day said that it's clear who Hamas would like to become president of America making a reference to Obama. This is not so-called clean campaigning and Obama, referencing his identical policy in regards to Hamas as McCain's, responded by saying McCain is "losing his bearings in pursuit of the nomination". which i thought to be a great response.
Questioning the apposing candidates ability to deal with groups such as hamas is clean campaigning. A better response by Obama would have been to argue his point on why THE AMERICAN PUBLIC would rather have him as president as apposed to Hamas.
In conclusion the main reason i felt the need to respond to this post is because I found this statement "But with McCain and his recent "promise for clean campaigning", Obama has lost his edge on being a "different" kind of politician." absolutely ridiculous
One of the main advantages that has given Obama the edge in this campaign against hillary is his "I'm not your typical politician" image, which has been greatly helped by him "taking the high road" when it came to campaining.

McCain has been pretty good about this also. When he denounced the comments of that ultraconservative hack at one of his rallies who kept referring to Obama as Hussein is one example. His recent promise to run a clean campaign is another.

And i agree on your views on the comparison between Obama and McCains intellectual abilities.